Showing thier gun • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post subject: Re: Showing thier gun
 Post Posted: Mon 25 Oct 2010 17:47 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
Here we go again… Just when you thought you were done, Nope, another question… Well, my buddy that is a newbe BH just told me that there is a license that can be obtained that will allow you to carry “unusual weapons” I was wondering if anybody has actually heard of that and is so, what those weapons might be. This is a serious question. Thanks.

Post Posted: Mon 25 Oct 2010 18:22 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
Without looking it up right now, I know if CA I THINK it falls under 12021(k) in that it does not specify what type of weapon you may use and includes unusual weapons. DONT quote me, but look it up..

vez wrote:
Here we go again… Just when you thought you were done, Nope, another question… Well, my buddy that is a newbe BH just told me that there is a license that can be obtained that will allow you to carry “unusual weapons” I was wondering if anybody has actually heard of that and is so, what those weapons might be. This is a serious question. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Showing their gun
 Post Posted: Mon 25 Oct 2010 20:38 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
Experience: More than 10 years
The New amendment signed in by our president to federal and state law is any state that has not a program for re- qualification a certificate from a Licensed NRA Instructor will be honored The NRA certificate will be at the retired officers expense. Other amendments have included other types of agents and officers to the list of the CCW

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post Posted: Tue 26 Oct 2010 06:24 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Thanks for the clarification Dave, I stand corrected. MD is a "Does not play well with others" state and there was grumbling among local LE because they had no intention of establishing the required criteria. Apparently, this has been circumvented and that is good news.

To the original Poster, read the OH statutes and follow them verbatim. This friend of yours has already demonstrated for you, on numerous occasions, that his judgment is questionable. Never argue with a fool, you get frustrated and he enjoys the attention.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post subject: Re: Showing their gun
 Post Posted: Tue 26 Oct 2010 07:45 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
Agency Retired ID with photo & re-qualification card must be on retired officers person when carrying or subject to arrest. There are still guidelines that must be followed even for retired Police & Agents. The amendment signed in just for the purpose of unfriendly States.

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post Posted: Tue 26 Oct 2010 15:56 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
I think he was referring only to Virginia and to Bill Marx.

Bill has a "special license" that allows him to carry a super soaker filled with clorox bleach!

Post Posted: Tue 26 Oct 2010 16:19 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
tsuggs wrote:
I think he was referring only to Virginia and to Bill Marx.Bill has a "special license" that allows him to carry a super soaker filled with clorox bleach!

Yeah... I deleted that post on my water pistols... I read it over and it was a bit silly so I just decided to maybe be a little more serious... if that is possible for me... we'll see. I will say this... Clorox in the water pistol is not a joke... I know someone that used it and it worked... of course a law suit could easily occur but I know it will stop someone almost as effective as pepper spray... but I think it could blind someone if not washed out pretty quick...

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Tue 09 Nov 2010 10:34 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2746
tsuggs wrote:
Hey Vez,

Don't leave yet. I want to know what state I can send off a couple hundred bucks to and get a "license" to bounty hunt.

You said you know for sure that it can be done, so please let all of us know where we can get "licensed" with no training or background check.

Tennessee is quite close to the scenario of sending off a couple hundred bucks to be able to Bounty Hunt. I think it was $225, no background check, no training, a hell of a lot of Yahoos!
Its a 8 hour class, no exam at the end of it, no real checks and balances that you even stay in the class for the whole day. Its actually an 8 hour annual continuing ED class for Bail Bondsmen that you have to take to be able to Bounty Hunt and be in compliance with the TN code.

The required class to get a handgun permit is also a joke. The eight hour class was over in 3 hours, the required 50 round target shooting was reduced to 25 as it was raining, and the range was outside. At least the sheriff came in and spent ten minutes with the class, which was nice because im sure he had a lot on his mind as he was under investigation for rape.

Im quite suprised at Tennessee as licensing for other professions is actually quite rigorous.

Tel: 865-389-3261

Post Posted: Tue 09 Nov 2010 10:58 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1999
Experience: 7 - 10 years
In Georgia, it takes an 8 hour class (no test) and $125 to become a certified Bondsman or Bail Recovery Agent. The Weapons Permit is $45 and a background check................This is why continued education and voluntary training is a must in states with laxed requirements. If you want to be lokked at/treated as a professional, you will need to show yourself as a professional. This includes professional training in all areas of the industry

(Weapons Permits and certification cards will only get you so far and they only show that you had the money and criminal background to do the minimum; there are thousands of "minimum requirement bounty hunters" in this industry, there are very few "Professional Recovery Agents". I am happy to say that I associate with the latter.)

GAPB 20120726
NSIS ST0707
http://www.rocksolidrg.com
"The hero is not the man that acts without fear,
He is the man that acts inspite of fear"

Post Posted: Tue 09 Nov 2010 11:15 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2746
SnoWolf wrote:
In Georgia, it takes an 8 hour class (no test) and $125 to become a certified Bondsman or Bail Recovery Agent. The Weapons Permit is $45 and a background check................This is why continued education and voluntary training is a must in states with laxed requirements. If you want to be lokked at/treated as a professional, you will need to show yourself as a professional. This includes professional training in all areas of the industry

(Weapons Permits and certification cards will only get you so far and they only show that you had the money and criminal background to do the minimum; there are thousands of "minimum requirement bounty hunters" in this industry, there are very few "Professional Recovery Agents". I am happy to say that I associate with the latter.)

I agree, in those states where the entry point has only minimal requirments, continued professional voluntary training is essential. And why would you not want to be the best that you can be.

Tel: 865-389-3261

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion