Silent members • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 17 Oct 2006 09:59 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

In most online communities, 90% of users are lurkers who never contribute, 9% of users contribute a little, and 1% of users account for almost all the action.

http://www.useit.com/alertbox/participa ... ality.html

Vienna, VA

Post subject: Re: Silent members
 Post Posted: Thu 19 Oct 2006 08:36 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

kebcpa wrote:
I was just checking the memberlist and see where over 60 people have signed up in the last 30 days. Out of these only about 12 have made any posts and those only 1-3.

There are over 1200 registered members and 90% of these have never posted anything. From what I can see only a very few people are even active here. What's the deal? Guess the newbies and wannabes can't hang.

Or I guess they don't particularly disagree with what they read (because the profundity and professionalism on this site is undeniable... ;-) ) or just don't particularly have anything to say worth posting. Would you really want to wade thru a 90% increase of multiple posts from authors having nothing in particular to say?? Isn't there enough of that on the web already?

New Orleans, La.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 19 Oct 2006 20:52 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
I feel that the two main reasons to join a professional forum are to network and to learn, not necessarily in that order. Lurkers may learn a lot from all of our free advice, but they won't get any calls for business from me.

We learn about each other from reading posts. If I need to find an agent in another state, I want to know who I can call on that I feel comfortable in using.

I wasn't asking people to make meaningless posts, just to let us know who they are, give us a little of their knowledge and skills, practices, even a little personality, etc. I just want to know who, what, where, and how so I know that I have someone when I need them.

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 08 Nov 2006 10:39 

This is my very first post. I've just completed PI school and I only want to know what this business is all about, so I may lurk for a little bit at first :lol:. I work in insurance right now and I'm finding it hard not to fall asleep. There's a lot of information to take in, but once I have, I'll certainly post more :!:

Nicole Laird

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion