Pulled Over by a Florida State Trooper Today.. • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post subject: Re: Pulled Over by a Florida State Trooper Today..
 Post Posted: Thu 03 Feb 2011 16:00 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
Quote:
the Trooper sees me next to my car with door open says Hello and How Are You?.. and Smiles and walks away.. along with 15 other officers from various departments from around the county going to court also just saying Hi and walking on their way

Every time I get out of my car at the Courthouse every LEO around speaks to me . . . and hells bells I drive a van. In my case it is simply because they KNOW me, RESPECT me, and we are headed into the same room.
In this case . . . You are misreading them . . . they are simply being courteous for heavens sake! not, because you are 'retired" LE or that 'hey look at me car'. Drive that around here and yep . . . You would be getting a real good "look at" and they would think nothing about informing you to keep your hands on the wheel. There have been several cases here and Nationwide with decked out cars (those "blue bar" plates can be made for 10$ here at a local vender) and phoney cops . . . I do believe one was actually dubbed the "Blue Light Rapist" . . . May be a little bohunk town but we take our safety real serious.

Please, if you take nothing away from what Scott has said and I tried to say in a smaller way . . . take this.
This Industry can crumble in a heartbeat . . . all it takes is the right incident and it will be over for everyone. Some us have multiple revenue streams . . . SOME have sunk everything and their whole lives into this Industry. There are many mouthes that are fed and the only way is to play the game straight. Times are always achangin' it is our place to "police" ourselves before we get "policed" :|

http://commdocs.house.gov/committees/ju ... 922_0f.htm
Citizen Protection Act of 1998

the above is the link to the hearing on protecting the Citizenry from the likes of US

http://commdocs.house.gov/committees/ju ... 062_0f.htm

the above is the link to the Bounty Hunter Responsibility Act of (1999) 2000 all because of a dopedeal gone bad in Arizona and people like US were blamed :|

and in following "the Rules" we transport per the following
http://bulk.resource.org/gpo.gov/laws/1 ... 60.106.pdf

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Wed 23 Feb 2011 09:21 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3197
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Jeff,

You are my kind of guy...You DO have all of your "junk in on trunk" (better than saying _ _ _ t in one sock). God Bless and stay safe...

(610) 400-8575 Office
(215) 459-0557 Mobile

PA 572430 - Producer
PA 621092 - Agency

Post Posted: Fri 18 May 2012 07:12 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4244
Experience: < 3 years
To all those saying that a modified or decked out vehicle is bad for surveillance....
If you are doing surveillance correctly, you shouldnt need to worry about being spotted or what vehicle you are driving.
I drive a 2012 Chrysler 200 with 5% Tint all around.. It doesnt look like a police car but it does look "official". Unfortunately, since I work full time now as an Insurance Claim/Fraud Investigator I dont get to do surveillance as much as id like to...

**Any opinions or posts represent my own opinions or doings, and in NO WAY reflect my employer(s) or sponsor(s) ideas or doings, and are the voice of my own, and not my employer(s). **

Please disregard grammar and spelling errors as I am on a mobile device

Post Posted: Fri 18 May 2012 07:42 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 3 years
I was pulled over by cop for my license plate light being out after a successful recovery at 10 pm. I had 2 other recovery agents with me as well...and we had our weapons. After taking my client to jail, I put my magnets that i use to advertise my business back on my car. When the officer asked us how we were doing, I said fine, we just back from doing a recovery and I pointed to my magnet on my car which he understood what we were and such. He ran my information, gave me a verbal warning, asked us if we got our guy which I said yes. His response was, good job & have a nice night. Some law enforcement and even some judges are naive about what we do and about bail law. Sometimes it's about educating people.

2562 Walton Blvd. PMB #136
Warsaw, IN 46582
574-371-7911

Post Posted: Fri 18 May 2012 10:41 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
Spanky,

I hope you'll consider joining The National Association Of Bail Bond Investigators. There are folks on here that can get you the info you need, just ask.

Take care

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post Posted: Tue 28 Aug 2012 06:47 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
you gonna get that from police becuase they think they the only one who suppose to be official but from the way you explain it you handled your self well and you had all your official id.

Post Posted: Tue 28 Aug 2012 08:41 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4327
So I'm a bit curious about "The Blue Line"

I have one on my Bronco because the person who sold it to me was a local sheriff, and I just haven't taken it off.

I drive a Flat Black, 1990 Bronco, Lifted, Black Rims, 32" tires.... Not very official looking.

I didn't know what the sticker was at first, then I asked around, and I was told it was a show of support to police officers, so I left it. I found out there is a modified one to support BEAs as well.

So my question is.... is there some official ruling on this?

Hampton Roads, VA
DCJS 99-281017
Mobile: 757-818-4602

Post Posted: Tue 28 Aug 2012 09:05 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
The "Blue Line" decal was originally invented to show support for officer's killed in the line of duty. However, since its inception, it now has additional meanings.
Officers now display them on their pov's for identification purposes while driving off duty. Some have gone so far as to place themon spouses and children's vehicles to avoid getting traffic tickets.
1 unanticipated negative consequence of displaying these tagsis that inner city gangs have learned about these id tags and target these vehicles looking for gns and police gear.

Post Posted: Tue 28 Aug 2012 10:51 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4327
SpanielPI wrote:
1 unanticipated negative consequence of displaying these tagsis that inner city gangs have learned about these id tags and target these vehicles looking for gns and police gear.

I worry about this all the time, thus hardly ever leave any firearms in my vehicle unattended. Time to attach some sort of lockbox to the frame. :D

Hampton Roads, VA
DCJS 99-281017
Mobile: 757-818-4602

Post Posted: Tue 28 Aug 2012 11:43 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
Tom,

Where can I get the modified version to show support for BEA's? Thanks in advance.

When this post first came out Jeff caught a ton of flack and he handled it very well in my opinion. Since then I have spoken to Jeff and found him to be very knowledgeable about this profession. This is one hard working man with a success rate that I for one, envy.

Jeff, could have taken this flack, got pissed and left, but he didn't. He hung in there and I have come to admire and respect him for many reasons. He has also become an asset to this forum and anybody that needs information Jeff will do what he can to help. What he fails to mention on the forum is that he is also one of the best when it comes to recovery. I would tell a couple stories about his recovery abilities but I haven't asked his permission so I won't.

So, if you're new to the forum and you catch a little flack, and you will, as we all have from time to time, don't take it so personally. Stick with us, the straight forward comments that you will surely catch are not meant to be a personal attack, it's just that many of us are very serious when it comes to this profession and we get really protective of this business and our fellow Agents.

BTW In the interest of being honest, I have almost punked out a couple times and left myself. I'm glad I didn't. Now, Join NABBI!!

Take care!!

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion