Hung up on CCW • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: Hung up on CCW
 Post Posted: Thu 28 Feb 2013 17:59 

FACT: Dress in proper identifiable garments as a professional Fugitive Enforcement Agent when in operation and get the proper training to handle firearm protection. A fugitive from justice should be considered dangerous at all times and his or her mental abilities should not be under estimated,until apprehended and in the custody of the federal authorities.

Post Posted: Thu 28 Feb 2013 20:11 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 92
Experience: More than 10 years
Wow, Danbo1972!
You come into a forum with some amazing credentials, pretty much insult most of the old timers, and resurrect a post from 3 years ago for some strange reason and you don't even bother with a formal introduction. I'm pretty impressed with that 160 firearms classes thingie, though. Please tell me that you taught at least some of those classes. I would hate to think that you went to that many firearms classes as a student. In twenty-two years that would average out to about 8 a year or 1 every month and a half, and you still managed to get yourself in a shootout which, thankfully, you survived.

One other thing, I'm a little confused as to your work history. Did you do twenty- two years as a defense investigator, then nineteen years as a BEA or the other way around? Or, did you do BEA work while you were a defense investigator? Having been around for a little while myself, you would think that we would have at least heard of each other, wouldn't you? But, I confess, I have never heard such a story as you are telling.

One last thing, before you come into a forum, such as this, presuming to lecture, you might try googling some information yourself. Maybe, something like the names and experiences of some of the members you presume to lecture.

Knoxville, TN
800-689-5031

Post Posted: Thu 28 Feb 2013 23:01 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Hey Joe. Thanks for the warm welcome. :).
First, let me clarify one thing off the get go. If I offended anyone, I'm not sorry. This thread is the reason why I signed onto this forum to start with. It frustrates me when I hear "professionals" give advice to new people that get cet them landed in hot water. I feel, if you're going to provide advice, make just it's educated, not what you learned from The guy who trained you, who got it from the streets. Read the penal code, and for God sake, check case law and go to classes.

Now, thou asked for an introduction: my name I'd Dan. (that should suffice). I'm a 40 year old who has done this job since I was 18. I began my first job just after being laid off from a mill. I work it more now as a part time gig as I have a full-time job with a phone company. Better on the ol' knees.

As for the classes. I am required to qualify twice a year for BSIS and once every two years for my ccw. 22 (years in service) x 2 = 44. Pulus 16 years ccw= 60. Toss in additional quals for working force protection 6 years for the navy and additional, "just because" and you have my total. I do not teach firearms other than weapons retention.
I do however gt a kick out of the comment, that I still managed to get into a shoot out. I don't fully understand how my training effects how someone else will respond when I roll up to the house though.
Google redding bounty hunter shooting and you can read about it. I was left pretty choice less.

You havent heard about me? Perhaps that's because I don't post my picture for every Tom Dick and Harry to see my face, then ramble about being all "secret squirrel" like others may.

My intentions were not to cause a commotion, simply rather, to guide a miss guided individual the right way. And, perhaps allow someone new to read it and check for themselves before falling into the whole, we're "bounty hunters" and have federal rights BS. that I've seen too many people fall into.

Edit: just read what I wrote and see I have some typos. My apologies. I'm using an iPad and I have fat fingers. Another thing I left out. I worked as a defense attorney investigator while working as a recovery agent. I also painted fences during some of that time too.

In any event, I'm not much for arguing. Like I said, and in agreement with another post above; sometimes it's just best to let it go. Just hope people do their own homework. I'm sure everyone on this forum is a professional in their own right. And to those I "offended", I do want to take a moment to say thank you for your millitary service to our country. *hat tilted*

Nice meeting you too. :)

Post Posted: Fri 01 Mar 2013 02:50 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Dan,
First, if you wanted a warm reception, you should have tried a warmer and more complete introduction. Your claims of experience have changed from your original posts. To your 22 years of bail recovery experience you have now added 6 years of service in the Navy? Were you allowed to chase bail jumpers during that time? I like to consider myself one of the more laid back posters on this site. I am not, ordinarily, given to confrontation, but to come into our house and start denigrating the advice of seasoned and respected veteran BEAs is deserving of a response. While it is almost impossible to dispute the claims made in an internet forum by anyone, the number one red flag that your posts raised with me is your claim of a 100% recovery rate. Everytime I see someone post this, especially someone with that many years in the industry, it tends to make me incredulous. They've either not done that many recoveries or they've spent their entire career
" shooting fish in a barrel". I have never been a PI, this is not a part time job for me, I am not fond of firearms, but I have made my living in this industry for twenty-six years, and I'm pretty familiar with the people on this thread. If you do stick around long enough to get to know us, you will find an amazing amount of knowledge and experience here. This is not a place, however, for "BS" or the uninformed.

Knoxville, TN
800-689-5031

Post Posted: Fri 01 Mar 2013 08:06 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
... alright, alright... alright.... woah..... wooaaaahhhh....

Please, let me clarify something and then I will shut up....

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING...

This entire thread got sidetracked when the "kill/stop" thing popped up...

Please, again... note my intended line of thought...

Read my posts and I think you will be able to determine...

I WAS NOT GIVING ADVICE TO ANYONE.... I WAS SIMPLY POINTING OUT THE CONNECTION BETWEEN THESE TWO TERMS IN THE OVERALL SCHEME OF THINGS.... THAT IS ALL.

This is a freakin' word game...

I certainly know the difference in a court of law and what and how to respond if questioned in court.... I was not addressing that scenario... simply pointing out... and I still stand by my opinion

Kill and Stop are basically the same thing... IN THIS DISCUSSION... period.... certainly, you do not go into a courtroom to answer for a shooting and use the work "kill"... but in our discussion... damn it... they are the exact same thing...

... and this is the last post I will make on this freakin' subject.... get over it.

BTW... I have been to at least 2,000 various/assorted gun classes over the last 50 years... I also shoot at least 3 or 4 times a month... and I have never been in a shoot out... I did once throw a water balloon off a hotel balcony and hit a Buddie of mine on the head... he was not happy... but I did not have to testify in court.. he did not press charges... thank God...

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Fri 01 Mar 2013 08:15 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
While I do not know you Dan, and have never heard of you prior to your post here, you are welcome to continue to entertain us. I am sincerely happy that you are still here to tell the story of the shooting that you were involved in, not everybody is so lucky. I do have to add that you asked us to do a Google search and I did. I would have to concur with the majority of the comments posted after your article in the newspaper, and further, that none of the reported actions are representative of a person with your perceived standing in the bail enforcement community. Actually, quite the contrary.

http://www.redding.com/news/2010/may/15/bounty-hunter-tells-of-shootout/?partner=RSS

I do hope you stick around and while I expect you to continue to educate us new guys, you may learn something as well, provided there is still the capacity to comprehend that there is more than 1 way to get the job done. On a side note, something not known to even my close friends: I was an extra in a movie with Sylvester Stallone, F.I.S.T., no big deal, I got paid $25.00 and the movie went straight to video, however, I did get to meet him, all 5' nothing of him, kind of like another popular guy on TV, when you hold the camera down real low and angle it up, everybody looks 6' tall and bullet proof.

Low Impact Fugitive Recovery, perish the thought!

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Fri 01 Mar 2013 09:36 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Speezack. You said you never said to shoot to kill. I explore you to review your 1st post.

Mdbtyntr
You agree with the comments of Monday night couch refs all you want. The judge and DA agreed with me.

Stiles
Yes, for tithe most part shooting fish in a barrel. However, I have had my fair share of out of state / country that were far from fish in a barrel. I would say maybe 15% of my 1200 + felony apps were not fish. The rest were pretty tightly written bonds with cooperative cosigners. That makes the job much easier, as you know.

And yes, concurrently worked as a recovery agent/FPA and investigator. Only worked for the navy as needed when the ships came in that needed it. (want pics or a resume)

All these questions about my education and experience I find amusing considering the context of my comment. Again, do your homework and get the definitions of premeditated homicide vs. simple self defense.

As for learning, read my introduction and you would have seen that this is exactly what I wanted, but it would seem you guys are more into supporting eachothers wrong ideas than finding facts that can save someone in a court room. It's interesting to me how much ego oozes from fingers onto a keyboard.

Oh, and I haven't heard about you either.... Does that mean you're wrong when you say the sky is blue? Obvious is obvious.

And the whole "warm welcome" thing, was sarcasm.

On that note, save for answering questions, I'm done on this thread. Just trying to help, guys.

Post Posted: Fri 01 Mar 2013 10:19 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame. What I referred to was your case, not mine. Withh all if your condescending attitude and weapons training, please cite for me where they teach you to fire upon an unacquired target. It wasn't clear, were you on trial? Finding a defendant guilty does not automatically mean that you did not err.
I am afraid that exposure is unbecoming to you. Your reaction to the requested search of your activity is as you requested, I was sincere in my response.
Apparently age and maturity are not always in the same box.
Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Fri 01 Mar 2013 10:30 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Well sht.... I want to stop this but just can't help myself... so....

Quote:
Speezack. You said you never said to shoot to kill.

You just don't get it Dan.... to again try and clarify this for you.... I can say anything outside the courtroom.... what I said is "I would use 'stop', not 'kill' in the courtroom"....

... and here is the line that points to that.... quote...
Quote:
"The only thing that applies to what you are saying is when the investigation is taking place... during that ... I would certainly say "I was in fear for my life and I shot to stop."

... do you see the separation of terms here..... you and I talk... it may be "kill"... inside the courtroom or during the investigation.... it is as above....

I wasn't going to comment on your 'shoot out' article but since you brought it up.... I really think shooting into an occupied dwelling, without a clear target... which is what the article stated... is certainly a reflection of poor or no training... when I tossed that water balloon... I had a very clear target... and I hit it.... 8)

Why are you continuing with this BS.... ? I really think you may want to consider "stopping while you are ahead"... but please continue to read and post on other subjects.... your input is entertaining... much like mine.... :shock:

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Fri 01 Mar 2013 11:09 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

If this article is truly about our Mr. Danbo, then I believe he has been a little misleading. He wrote in another thread that after twenty years he finally had to use his weapon. The defendant shot first and he shot last. In a discussion about legal terms for homicide, I believe he intended for us to infer that he had actually killed someone in the line of duty. After re-reading his post, I see that he did not explicitely say this, but I feel that it was implied.
As far as you having never heard of me or the other people on this forum? My guess is that you are either not as connected to the industry as you say or you haven't discovered how Google works yet. Either way, I'll be glad to stack my reputation against yours anyday.
One other thing, that 100% recovery rate on twelve hundred captures, approximately 150 of which were difficult felonies in twenty-two years? It comes out to about 1 every six days which is still pretty incredible consider all the private investigating, phone repair, navy assignments, and, lest I forget, fence painting that was going on during this time. I have never said this to a newbie before, but I am done with you. From now on, unless you specifically name me, I will ignore you.

Knoxville, TN
800-689-5031

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion