Attitude, Going In! • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: Attitude, Going In!
 Post Posted: Fri 27 Jan 2012 10:16 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
Bald is beautiful baby ! :mrgreen:

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Fri 27 Jan 2012 12:29 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Mel and all,

In CA the bail recovery law came into effect because of the false report of a "bounty hunter" killing in AZ in 1997 or 1998.

Since CA did not have a bail recovery specific course already on the books, they threw together what they thought would be educational enough to "teach" CA bail fugitive recovery persons, how to be bounty hunters.

The classes that they required were, the bail agent pre license course, the first level of the P.O.S.T. 832 course and the security guard powers of arrest course.

It was NOT required that the bounty hunter would have to apply or obtain any licenses that would be available to them if they completed any of those courses.

The State never issued any type of license to CA BFRPs. All that was required was that the BFRP had to carry proof of completion of the 3 courses.

Again, that law has sun setted and anyone can, at least right now, come to CA and work bail recovery if they want to.

However, they will have a hard time doing so without some verifiable training, experience or at least qualified under the old law, because most bail agents will not hire anyone that will be a potential liabilty to them.

Post Posted: Fri 27 Jan 2012 21:13 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4078
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Honey Badger wrote:
Quote:
But if not, how can an FRA be charged with false arrest if they haven't performed the act of 'arresting' somebody to start with?

Here, one would be charged with Unlawful Imprisonment and or Kidnapping . . . However not a "False Arrest" charge

Howdy!
Fair point. Different jurisdictions may view it through their own codes, laws, statutes, etc. Here you can get charged with false arrest. The language of our law on kidnapping seems like anybody could run afoul of that particular issue just by asking somebody to step aside! The verbage is pretty darn loose.

Thanks for your insight.
Mel

DORA PI10000052

Athame Investigations,
division of Colorado Bounty Hunter LLC
Aurora, Colorado
303-343-7111 Office
303-319-1077 Cell
303-366-3189 Fax

Available for Fugitive Recovery, Process Service, Investigation and Legal Courier Service.

Post Posted: Thu 02 Feb 2012 02:43 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
Agent11-117 wrote:

Just to ask for my edification... Why do the folks who teach bounty hunting in California call it "Prelicensing Requirement" if there ain't no license to accomodate the prelicensing requirement? Am I missing something there?

Thanks Again for the Chat!
Mel

In case your question wasn't answered, the pre-licensing course is for a bail agents license, not a fugitive recovery persons license (which doesn't exist). The state just required it for fugitive recovery persons as an informational course.

California PC1299 Compliant Fugitive Recovery
Process Serving
Mobile Notary
Security Consulting

Post Posted: Thu 02 Feb 2012 21:16 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

AcaciaCon wrote:
Agent11-117 wrote:

Just to ask for my edification... Why do the folks who teach bounty hunting in California call it "Prelicensing Requirement" if there ain't no license to accomodate the prelicensing requirement? Am I missing something there?

Thanks Again for the Chat!
Mel

In case your question wasn't answered, the pre-licensing course is for a bail agents license, not a fugitive recovery persons license (which doesn't exist). The state just required it for fugitive recovery persons as an informational course.

Hola!
My question hadn't been answered, so thank you for taking time to explain it for me. And it was an easily understood answer at that. Well done there!

Much obliged to you for clearning up that particular web of mystery and intrique! LOL!

Thanks again,
Mel

DORA PI10000052

Athame Investigations,
Aurora, Colorado
303-343-7111 Office
303-319-1077 Cell
303-366-3189 Fax

Available for Fugitive Recovery, Process Service, Investigation and Legal Courier Service.

Post Posted: Fri 03 Feb 2012 11:50 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

WELL EXCUSE MEEEEEEEEEE!

If you all will take a gander back at my post of JAN 27, 2012, I thought I answered that question in quite detail.

Post Posted: Fri 03 Feb 2012 21:34 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

tsuggs wrote:
WELL EXCUSE MEEEEEEEEEE!

If you all will take a gander back at my post of JAN 27, 2012, I thought I answered that question in quite detail.

Sorry Amigo!
I evidently saw it originally, but forgot about it due to some fuss going on in my life. Caught myself one nasty little cold, and spent three glorious days off from the day job just trying to recover! You'd think, now that I've become certified as a recovery agent, I'd do a better job recovering from this current malady. But Noooooo!

You're right. You did chip in a real good slice of information and I apologize. No slight intended whatsoever.

I have another day off tomorrow... and will spend a glorious day working the snow shovel! And we got no shortage of snow around these parts. You may have heard we had a little white fluffy around here, and whatever you've heard doesn't begin to cover the subject. We done got buried here.

A snow blower would be nice right about now. Until the snow blower fairy drops one off at my house, guess I'll be doing it the old fashioned way..... and I can hardly wait!

Have a terrific (possibly snow free) day!
Mel

DORA PI10000052

Athame Investigations,
Aurora, Colorado
303-343-7111 Office
303-319-1077 Cell
303-366-3189 Fax

Post Posted: Sat 04 Feb 2012 13:32 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Apologies accepted! :wink:

We out here in CA are drinking in all this sunshine. No snow or rain at least until Tuesday!

BTW, what is a snow blower?

Post Posted: Tue 07 Feb 2012 11:22 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

tsuggs wrote:
Apologies accepted! :wink:

We out here in CA are drinking in all this sunshine. No snow or rain at least until Tuesday!

BTW, what is a snow blower?

Howdy Tony!
Nice.... ya really know how to hurt a guy! We just got another dose of snow today. They claimed we'd likely get less than an inch. I'll be out there shortly to shovel off another three inches of the stuff from my walks.

We got sunshine out there now. That just makes the snow brighter.

Next thing you'll be telling me is that you're going to the beach later today!!!! Wow..... talk about salting the wound!

Thanks for enhancing my joy of living in snow country!
Mel

DORA PI10000052

Athame Investigations,
Aurora, Colorado
303-343-7111 Office
303-319-1077 Cell
303-366-3189 Fax

Post Posted: Tue 07 Feb 2012 12:08 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Hi Mel,

No wont be going to the beach today. Got a little rain. But I will be taking the lap dogs to the dog park tomorrow for their daily walk in the park. Suppose to be clear and warm the rest of the week. 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion