Who screwed up?? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post subject: Re: Who screwed up??
 Post Posted: Thu 06 May 2010 07:32 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
"A man has got to know his limitations." Magnum Force

"Dying is no way to make a living." Outlaw Josey Wales

"Who me?" Tony Suggs :?

Post Posted: Thu 06 May 2010 11:44 

I would suggest a TASER..oneof my agents is 6'4 315 and is no soft body...during training he said "I bet I could take that and pull the barbs out under power" so I let him prove himself..and the results are as follows..ME: Taser Taser Taser..POP. :HIM: AHHHH!!! falls to ground stiff as a board OOO GOD OOOO AHHHH..AHHH F*****^%^&*..: haha enough said..

BTW: WE use the TASER m26L and its wonderfull..Hard hitter and simple to use..I couldnt imagine putting either a .223 or a .556 round in someone unless they was about to take the life of one of my agents or myself...I mean think about it..Would you wanna be shot for being an idiot (Fleeing)...haha cause if so..you might have already fealt sum lead..

Post Posted: Thu 06 May 2010 21:58 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Quote:
and congrats :wink:

Thank you my Brother . . . I must admit I am truly HONORED :mrgreen:

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Fri 07 May 2010 06:41 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
tsuggs wrote:
"A man has got to know his limitations." Magnum Force

"Dying is no way to make a living." Outlaw Josey Wales

"Who me?" Tony Suggs :?

I can't stand a smart azz................ or a know it all........... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

... but you are correct. 8) 8)

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Fri 07 May 2010 12:26 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Just a big Eastwood fan.

BTW, Jose Wales was on last night on AMC. Watched again for the unkownth number of times.

Post Posted: Fri 07 May 2010 17:42 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
Quote:
K . . . I will TRY to be nicer

I would give better odds on winning lotto :D :D :D :D

As for the taser comments, I would love to carry one as I think it is less liability than a firearm and would be safer for all parties. Unfortunately, living in such a liberal area, we are required in VA to retreat if in a hostile situation and liability is absurd here in regards to tasers. I believe it is because of a lack of education in regards to how they work and affect people.

And in MD (Very close to my location) a taser requires a concealed permit, which for a newbie like myself it is virtually impossible to get a MD Concealed Permit (Even with the conceal permit it's still illegal in some citys in MD). Which is why I am in support of HB 52 in MD but it won't pass, to many politicians in MD prefer their residents to be victims or in fear.

MD Makes no sense to me - I can go with a 12 gauge loaded with slugs but I can't carry a handgun or taser because that's more dangerous?? Sorry, that logic doesn't compute with me. I admit this journey is a learning experience, but I also admit I severly underestimated the costs before hand. I am still going forward, but I slowed down to get constant stable funds (Day Job :oops: ) while I finish the rest of the requirements (ALL ARE COSTS - the databases, the different licenses, insurance, getting bonded, and purchasing even more equipment).

VA DCJS #99-99238446

Post Posted: Fri 07 May 2010 19:38 

Perks of living in West Virginia..We have pretty laxed gun laws...however we have no obligation to make the arrest..so if we can retreat we are suppose to do so..Which is fine with me..If it turns into a freakn gun battle and I can withdraw I will do so and just form a perimiter surrounding the structure untill law enforcement arrives..Im not going to put rifle rounds throu walls that I cant see whats on the other side. heck I wouldnt even do it with my sidearm..(which is a glock 20 platform) shooting a 10mm auto round..We have an ar platform and its loaded with frangible ammo to minimize over penetration, but still im not gonna fire unless I have a clear sight picture and I can verify whats behind my intended target..Once that round goes down range there is NO bringing it back..and i be darned if I hurt someone for no reason...SO long story short if you can avoid a shoot out/stand off DO IT..Dont get me wrong I will not hesitate to protect myself or my agents..but I am in no way reckless

Post Posted: Fri 07 May 2010 22:04 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Quote:
frangible ammo

when shooting . .. you shoot to take OUT the target . . . not to powder upon contact. Just did some serious reading on this type of ammo. For practice only.
Soooooooooooo Sweety . . . you play the Lotto? :lol: Clint Eastwood is one of my heroes

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Sat 08 May 2010 05:14 

It's not the steel slappin stuff ..its called safety slugs..and nope I don't play the lotto.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/73124-5.html

Post Posted: Sat 08 May 2010 05:20 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2087
Quote:
I would give better odds on winning lotto

Tell me he didn't go there!!! You have no idea what you have done!!!

(taps playing in background)

Attachments:
smiley_shocked.gif
smiley_shocked.gif [ 36.93 KiB | Viewed 7772 times ]

J.G. Marshall
MARSHALL FUGITIVE SERVICE
Lic. # 2008-392

Its the Irish in my mind that keeps me sane,
and the Irish in my heart that keeps me strong.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion