PINGING • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: PINGING
 Post Posted: Tue 03 Feb 2009 16:35 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
and I was just playing with yours.
Those of us here know how it goes. We all color outside the lines. :mrgreen: It is hell on the people around us, they just can't seem to figure out our Art. :lol:

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Tue 03 Feb 2009 20:42 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2419
Experience: 3 - 5 years
I question the possibility, that if a "Ping/Triangulation Waiver" was included in a defendants bail bond application, would it make it possible to proceed with a legal ping without fear of legal entanglement. So many of these FTA's are flying low under the radar by giving their mama's address as their own, owning no vehicle, lacking a lease agreement or job and then giving the bondsman a prepaid cell phone number as their only direct contact. We need to level the playing field a bit.
I know Casey Anthony's father, George Anthony, was recently triangulated while he was on the verge of a suicide, but to my understanding they had pinpointed him no closer than 50 miles from his location and did old fashion police work to zone in on his actual location.
I have the number of a company out of Texas who claims to be efficient in this process although I have not yet used them. They charge $200 a hit. One of my associates suggested I ask them to Ping my cell phone as proof to see if they can. Don't know if they would agree to this but then this would be proof of their capabilities.
Lastly, if Pinging does work, the best time to do it is in the 3-4 am time frame when most people are settled down for the night. Trying to locate a moving target during the day is a waste of effort.
I was recently told by a very knowledgeable PI agency that the laws in VA have changed to the effect that it's now legal (as the result of recent case law) to put a tracker on any vehicle whereas it used to be legal ( within legal purpose) to put a tracker on a vehicle owned or coowned by one of the parties to the action. I have not check this out yet..but its a reversal of law if this is now the case.
Jenifer

DCJS 99-183465
Virginia

Post Posted: Tue 03 Feb 2009 23:15 

I wondered the same thing. Our Imdemnity Agreements pretty much make them sign their lives away. However, I wonder how much of it would actually hold up in court.....

Post Posted: Wed 04 Feb 2009 09:10 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
My contract has two important sections:

2) The Indemnitor(s) agree to pay to the Bondsman all sums and amounts of money to meet every claim, demand, liability, cost, expense, suit, order, decree, payment and or adjudication against the Bondsman, his agents, succesors and asigns, by reason of the execution of the aforesaid Bond or undertaking executed for the Indemnitor(s) including Counsel and Attorney's fees, costs of investigations incurred, or paid by the Bondsman in any litigation, or investigation connected herewith. This Indemnity agreement specifically includes recovery by Bondsman of any unpaid premiums or fees from Indemnitor(s).

5)The Defendant and Indemnitor(s) further authorize access to, release and review of, all financial and personal records to include banking, credit reports, taxes files in Federal and State Agencies, Utilities agreements, telephonic records to include cellular as well as land line communications, employment history, residential agreements, Social Security contributions and acknowledges a copy of this authorization to have the complete power of the original document, in full compliance with the Gramm, Leach, Bliley Act.

Hope this helps.

Do not use this information in your own agreements without consulting an attorney. Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc., Chesapeake Bail Bonds, REMaclean III Associates, LLC And principle Rupert E. Maclean III accept no responsibility for work product used without expressed written permission, utilize at your own risk.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Wed 04 Feb 2009 09:34 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 757
Scott,

Anin't this in our contract from our insurance company?

NSIN# SF0105
LIC. #704058

Post Posted: Wed 04 Feb 2009 09:51 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

It is a part of the Bond Papers (contract) here. I also have the person sign a "Release of Records" form which has been utilized by the company on more than one occasion . . .

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

Post Posted: Wed 04 Feb 2009 11:00 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Mine is authored by me, accepted by the courts locally, and the only application I use.

It is accepted for confessed judgments at face value, no hearing and completely exparte.
We also have a clause where the indemnitor/Defendant expressly wave service of process after the judgment is awarded.

I can fax it if you like, but the previous disclaimer applies.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Thu 05 Feb 2009 05:07 

Ours has pretty much the same thing, not worded exactly. We had an attorney draw ours up many moons ago. I wouldnt sign the damned thing. You pretty much give up everything....

Post Posted: Wed 11 Feb 2009 18:27 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
LuVonda wrote:
However the 911 GPS tracking is done by triangulation and can be accomplished whether the phone is on or not. This is information that I was told by Law Enforcement.

Doesn't the phone have to have the GPS911 feature activated before it will work? I know the phones I use have the feature available but you have to activate the feature... turn it on if you will............ not all cell phones or companies are involved in the GPS911 feature... that is what Verizon told me.... but...... what do I know? :?: :?:

If the capability is available like my little Garmin GPS... it gives me a location once per second on a nice clear little color display... and it is accurate to within 20 meters... and that is a dinky little handheld... what do you think the big boys are using.... I can't imagine... and if I can see my camper in my driveway... or the umbrella beside my pool in the backyard.... from 150 miles on Google earth... can you imagine what can really be done???

We just need to gain access to the right places................... and the right people....... and the right equipment...... problem solved....

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Wed 11 Feb 2009 20:33 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I used to have a StarTac and I still would but Motorola would not repair it any longer. Seems it had no GPS chip. Didn't one of those cmmercials say it was bullet proof too?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion