State vs years in state • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 29 Sep 2006 09:22 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
I think Rhino's point is that you have to be willing to invest in your business to do things right. This isn't a cheap business to get into or maintain. You have to get the right training and equipment to do the work. Even if you work for someone else, you still have to do the required schooling and training, and most will require you to purchase and use your own equipment, vehicle, etc.

In reality, it takes capital to open any business, no matter what it is. You have to allow for office space, utilities, telephone (very expensive with the long distance and collect calls), cell phones, office machinery, and that's just a start. I have a cheap office, but even so, it runs me about $2,000 a month to maintain it. You also have to purchase whatever tools, permits, schooling, etc that are specific to your trade.

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 29 Sep 2006 10:37 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
Well,

You can't own a bail agency in CA without being a licensed bail agent. You first have to be a resident of CA for 2 years before you can get a bail license. So, working for Aladdin or any other bail company will be at least 2 years off from when you become a resident.

However, as I posted earlier, there is no 2 year residency requirement to take the required courses to become a BFRP in CA. BUT you have to complete a State DOJ and National background check. For those not being a US citizen or legal resident it will be a problem.

As far as getting a work visa for either type of work, that will probably not happen. The potential employer will have to show that they can't find a U.S. citizen or resident with similar skills already here before they will issue a visa to a foreigner.

Recovery work in the Bay Area is slow right now. The companies with the most skips are the large statewide agencies. They have in house agents that do most of their work. Most of the small agencies are writing smarter bail with fewer skips. They also have agents that they have used before. So, it will be very hard to get work with them.

If you can get past the background checks, you may be able to start off as a security guard. The pay is about $10/hour to start.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 29 Sep 2006 15:19 

well, iam getting married, so that should mean i become a leagal resident.
and beside from speeding ticket here and there, iam not on anyones shitlist..
so all in all i should be able to both security and bail work..

and yeah, ofcourse things cost money to both buy and operate. is that not why one make moeny, to pay bills..

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 29 Sep 2006 16:28 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Is that why we make money ? to pay bills ?..gee I wish someone had explained that to me years ago, because I thought we made money to pay our govrnment's bills and bad debts.... :lol:

P.s.

Dani,

Tell me about your sister..... :P

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 29 Sep 2006 17:36 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
Dani,

Just to let you know, marrying a U.S. citizen does not make you a citizen. You still have to go through the red tape and paperwork with immigration to become one. Any children born here after the marriage will be citizens, but that still does not make you one. What it does is allow you a reason to extend your VISA because you have a legitimate reason to stay here.

I have a friend who moved here from Russia, brought over by one guy, married him, a few years later divorced him and is now married to a different U.S. citizen. It has been years, and the last I heard, she is still trying to get her's completed. Their baby is a citizen, but that didn't make her one.

I also have a family member who married a student from another country, but kept it secret for a couple of years until immigration filed charges on her and started questioning family and others. Thecharges were filed for an illegal "sham" marriage, perpetrated just so he could remain here and when he applied to become a citizen because of the marriage. They didn't succeed, because of certain circumstances, but it was still an issue. She later divorced him, and I don't know what finally happened to him.

I don't know all of the legal requirements and steps, having never had direct personal experience with doing it, but I would suggest you begin your research now. There is also a status called a "permanent resident" that I have seen, but don't know details of that either, or what rights it gives a person. I have only run across it because of identification cards that I have seen when posting a bond.

I'm only going into this because you seem to be under certain assumptions that are incorrect. I don't want to deter you, but make sure you know all the facts and laws before you start assuming anything about U.S. citizenship. Go to this website and you should be able to get whatever info you need. http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 29 Sep 2006 22:08 

"I'm only going into this because you seem to be under certain assumptions that are incorrect."

Like what? That I become a leagal resident when getting married to a us citizen? I neve claimed to become a us citizen. I now this things take time,
and will not be easy. However, our marriage is not any scam or shady trick just to let me work in the us..

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 30 Sep 2006 09:46 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Dani wrote:
That sounds too expensive out for me.. but is there any good bodyguard training in the california, texas area?

You may wish to check out:

the EXECUTIVE PROTECTION INSTITUTE

http://www.personalprotection.com

I have worked with a couple of their graduates and Nine Lives Associate members.

Pretty good people and the training is recognized by many in the EP industry.

For the price I would recommend it (am considering taking the course myself once I have the extra funds to do so).

Another training program is given by the STEELE FOUNDATION and is called the ITG Course (though I think it is based out of florida).

"Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath."
- Kingdom of Heaven

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 30 Sep 2006 11:02 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Dani wrote:
On what side, in who's bed did you wake up in today!?

I guess I made her mad. :?

Sorry.

Winner do what losers refuse to do...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 02 Oct 2006 11:34 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I may be wrong but somewhere I thought she mentioned her age. She may not be old enough in some areas if she is only 17 or this may have been someone else that posted here recently.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 02 Oct 2006 11:39 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
The 17 year old is the one from Australia (Vixen) yall referred her to Jaime

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion