Have you fired your gun? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 27 Jul 2006 12:10 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I have been considering training with airsoft... the cost of what I want has been keeping me from buying the gear though... the airsoft pistol I want runs about 100-150 plus they make paintball bbs for the airsoft guns now.

I was also considering simunitions but they don't make a conversion for my springfield yet.

I have been thinking of buying a snub nose 357 mag as a backup instead of my subcompact xd40 - I really want a charterarms 44spl - but I digress - you can buy the fx catridged for the 38spl/357 mag revolvers without having to buy the conversion kits which run about 200 and up (about 285 for the ar15/m16 conversion and then you still have to buy the fx catridges).

Of course they also make a really nice paintball pistols called the rap4 which looks damn near EXACTLY like a sig 226 and uses a .43 hardened paintball (www.rap4.com) but they are about 300 bucks and the new models won't be available till october 06.

They do have a really cool item called a pressure activated paintball landmine that uses c02 and dispenses paint or smoke at about 3lbs of presure and gives off a loud report (imagine filling that sucker with OC LOL).

"Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath."
- Kingdom of Heaven

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 27 Jul 2006 12:24 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Savagecabbage,

consider carrying something small as a just in case item... as the saying goes: "I'd rather be missed by a 45 than hit with a 22"

"Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath."
- Kingdom of Heaven

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 27 Jul 2006 14:06 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

looks good... I've been debating on either getting an airsoft a rap4 or possibly a full size paintball pistol (they make a couple compact ones which load via a clip called the blackbird). There are supposed to be redesigned paint bbs which don't bust in the barrel (saw them advertised on a website) and I like the marking which shows exactly where hit.

If I wind up going with the airsoft I am definately getting a green gas blowback version (maybe even red gas).

The blackbird pistol utilizes the standard paintball which would allow me to also use it as a less than lethal delivery system (rubber balls, OC Balls, and powder balls).

I don't make enough to buy all that I want LOL... I am still tossing around the idea of trading in my subxd40 (keeping my service size) and waltherp22 in for a 44spcl snub or 357mag snub and maybe a 25 tomcat (though I have been looking at NAA's blackwidows in 22mag or maybe even 17hmr)

- Kingdom of Heaven

Post subject: Re: Have you fired your gun?
 Post Posted: Fri 28 Jul 2006 08:41 

SavageKabbage wrote:
If you own a gun, and carry it with you on the job, have you had the need to fire it?

I currently do not carry, but am considering it. Originally I made up my mind to not carry, but most of the BEAs I've been working with tell me I should.

I've been shot at twice at the last two years, however it was not while hunting fugitives. It was actually while working security. Did not fire back in either instance because it was not safe to do so. It was a crowded parking lot both times, and the risk of innocent people being injured was too great. So I took cover behind a big metal dumpster, and made my first priority to make sure bystanders were taking cover and that assistance was on the way. One of the times after the bystanders had been cleared, the vehicle that was doing the shooting had stalled and so I had them at gun point creeping closer and taking cover between other dumpsters and cars. I was not trying to get close enough to fire, just close enough to get a license plate. Thankfully both times no one was hit. Just the gangbangers making a statement. That, or I'm just lucky :) But after that I went ahead and bought vests for my employees. Before it had been if you are firearm certified you are required to wear a vest. Now all of my employees wear one.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion