Licensing Verification • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: Licensing Verification
 Post Posted: Sat 25 Jun 2011 15:33 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
We seriously NEED regulation here in California and I the more I learn about this business the more I am becoming an advocate for that and wanting to do something about it. I have a friend in politics that might be able to "guide" me a little and I will be doing my due diligence research this week on some of this to see what, if anything a newbie like myself can do... I already feel a bit defeated because I am not a deep pocket, but I believe that if you get the right person-group on your side, deep pockets may be defeated themselves.. Cheer for the underdog!! :wink:

Post subject: Re: Licensing Verification
 Post Posted: Mon 27 Jun 2011 11:55 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
Experience: More than 10 years
Bounty Hunting is not allowed in NC. A Bail Agent here is required to take a three day course in everything from posting bail, to apprehending fugitives, including the legal aspects of this business.

You are also reqiured to show that you are a resident of this state, along with a local, state and Federal background check. When this is completed you must pass a test approved by the NC Department of Insurance. Once all this is done and you've passed the test's paid the fee's and the bacground checks are completed you are issued a license.

You must find a "Supervising Agent" that is willing to be responsible for youir supervision for at least a year. Each year we are required to attend classes to obtain our CE credits.

Our speakers at the CE classes usually consist of someone from Law Enforcement, a District Attorney and a Clerk of Superior Court.

If you want to check out a Bail Agent in NC, go to www.ncdoi.com From there, click on the Agent Services link which will take you to the Individual lookup site. You can type in the Agents first and last name to verify his/her status.

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion