Help with new Uniform • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Help with new Uniform
 Post Posted: Sat 20 Feb 2010 20:10 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 3 years
If anyone has ever watched that video on eHow or something like that about "how to become a bounty hunter" this guy David Fletcher, the "commander" of US Fugitive Apprehension has his guys looking like LAPD SWAT. Now, for a high-risk pull? Cool, but...um...he's making sound like we all wear that everyday.

My uniform consists of a hoodie, cargo pants, 5.11 mid-size boots or my converse sneakers, generic urban-logo t-shirt (individual, 1 ea., will look up the NSN number), and ball cap. I'd really like to get the tactical sandals though with the urban-defender Hawaiian shirt. I think uniforms for a high-risk pull, or something resembling UNIFORMITY, is important...but everyday work? I'd think it'd be too uncomfortable and impractical.

There is something to be learned from a rainstorm. When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road. But doing such things as passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to everything. - From the Hagakure

Post Posted: Sat 20 Feb 2010 20:31 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1366
Experience: 7 - 10 years
I second the judge look :)

" Yeah, I see ya, you ding dong..."

Post Posted: Wed 24 Feb 2010 21:50 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

The picture where he looks like our local preacher? I dig it :)

My girlfriend says she wishes I could be in a suit more...I'm thinking of wearing pink polo shirts during the summer. Yes?

There is something to be learned from a rainstorm. When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road. But doing such things as passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to everything. - From the Hagakure

Post Posted: Thu 25 Feb 2010 23:24 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3077
Experience: 5 - 7 years
Definately looks like a judge,look at that cold stare!! he is just waiting to drop the hammer.

Cell:(931)551-5020

Post Posted: Wed 27 Feb 2013 00:28 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Experience: More than 10 years
I get a kick out of the guys and gals here that don't think a uniform or other form of Id is important. I usually have a black shirt woth contrasting colors that reads "fugitive Recovery Agent" on the back and has a badge on the front. I wear jeans, shoes or boots depending on several factors? I have a full duty belt; cuffs, pepper, radio, taser, .45 acp, nitrile gloves and flashlight.
Reason being, I have done this job for 22 years. As you can guess, I have had some "not so nice", encounters. I like to be well viewable by responding and assisting LEO as well as to witnesses and the subject. A few years ago I was involved in a shooting. He shot first, I shot last. LEO took a half dozen pictures of me and my attire to show that I was well identifiable and couldn't have been mistaken for a street thug.
I have also had LEO not know who was the bad guy when they arrived at an altercation. Hello taser! Something I don't want to experience twice.
There are times that I just wear a T-shirt and shorts, but no often at all. Not in the last several years. So go ahead all of you dick Tracy's out there. Be embarrassed about your profession. Act like detectives all you want. I'll error on the side of safety.
One last thought: you pull up to your home dogs house and see him wresting with a guy in shorts.... Help kick his ass. Wrestling with a uniform..... Laugh your ass off at him.
Be safe!

Post Posted: Wed 27 Feb 2013 19:08 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
... detective.... never been accused of dressing like a detective.... that may be an idea.... Scott looks like a detective.... so does Tony.... Bill Williams just looks like a NC redneck... Matt in Norfolk looks like a participant in one of those MMA tournaments.... that is why when we go somewhere I always stay behind him.... Joe Stiles looks like a Senator or maybe a high dollar lawyer.... I look like a tourist... a fat tourist... a fat, old tourist.... I still cannot figure out how you can go after someone in a covert manner when wearing a bullet proof jacket, a web belt filled with swat stuff and the word "AGENT" plastered across the front and back.... (I do have a badge, but I can't remember what I did with it.... it's a pretty one too.... all shiny and silver... )mmmmm, I just stay like I am .... but of course I have not been doing this long either so maybe I need to upgrade.

Oh.... forgot a couple.... Yak, up in NJ looks like an old trucker out for a stroll... but don't try to pet his dog.... and Dave in NY looks like... well... Dave... he looks like every other PR in NYC... which is why he can catch your azz so easily.... everyone thinks he might be their brother.... or father.... and LuVonda... aka Karma... looks like a sexy Arkansas Cougar, out for blood... Bondgirl out in CA, looks like she works at the library.... part time ..... I've never met Gene but I figure him for another detective type... maybe a loose collar and a sport jacket... sitting behind a desk with his feet up and a cup of coffee talking on the phone.... and a model 29 S&W on a phone-book beside him... :oops: :oops: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops:

Now that I have pissed off all the boys and girls.... you all can go back to watching "American Idol"... which is what my lovely wife is watching... I am watching "The Americans" and also "Justified" which I recorded last nite....

... except, I just got a bond call and have to go do that... maybe if they run, I will call one of you!!!!!!

/////... what does this have to do with uniforms.............. and how come the original poster of this thread is no longer on the FRN???

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Wed 27 Feb 2013 19:18 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Nice jeans and dickies button up short sleeve for us.

360 237 1721 efax
408 402 2710 work cell
DOI Bail Agent Lic 1844214
BSIS G1533544

Go hug a Tree

Post Posted: Wed 27 Feb 2013 21:32 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

"nice dickies, button up polo". Just about perfect!
I'm not saying there isn't a time and place. All I'm saying is that when possible, a professional, uniformed appearance is my preferred method, and that of the local LEO for us. Maybe I'm just a tad bitter, but I've seen too many of he Miami vice wanna bes and the black BDU pants with web belts full of gear ect, ect myself. If it works, use it. I have dne this for a little while and have a 100% return rate. I manage even though I'm in a "uniform" of sorts.

Post Posted: Thu 28 Feb 2013 07:19 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4150
Black button up shirt, or polo. Blue jeans. 5.11 tactial boots (very comfortable). Oh and my badge, which hangs on a necklace around my neck. Usually under my shirt.

I try to deal with my skips by using the art of deception. Usually by the time I get a bond its been burned to hell by every other agent in the area. They all go tactic-cool to talk to people. I try not to.

I find that I get better results from people and they are willing to tell me more if I approach them casually..

Bail License #40313820

Post Posted: Thu 28 Feb 2013 07:31 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1366
I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl...with my trademark purple Nikes :)

" Yeah, I see ya, you ding dong..."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion