Memorial Day Weekend • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Weekend
 Post Posted: Thu 21 May 2009 13:28 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
You guys stay safe out there.

The bikes have been passing my office all day. It's a big weekend for bike runs all over. I think most of them coming through here are headed for Red River or Taos, NM.

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post Posted: Thu 21 May 2009 13:59 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1999
Experience: 7 - 10 years
Mom and dad don't turn their cell phones on unless they are calling someone. It won't do any good to call. I know dad is usually around "Smitty" (my wife says everyone knows him ?!?) and he leaves his cell on, if you know him (come on, Hope said everyone knows him; you have to know who Smitty is :D ) I had hoped to change a few things and head up right behind mom and dad but now I am watching their house and dog.....the other plan fell through. Besides, they aren't coming back until Monday night or Tuesday and I could stay out that late (curfews and all :lol: )

GAPB 20120726
NSIS ST0707
http://www.rocksolidrg.com
"The hero is not the man that acts without fear,
He is the man that acts inspite of fear"

Post Posted: Fri 22 May 2009 03:31 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2087
Experience: More than 10 years
I unfortunately will not be able to attend with the band this year.
However, the band will be performing on Sunday at 1:40 pm.
Feel free to stop and say hi and get some good dirt on me. :D

J.G. Marshall
MARSHALL FUGITIVE SERVICE
Lic. # 2008-392

Its the Irish in my mind that keeps me sane,
and the Irish in my heart that keeps me strong.

Post Posted: Fri 22 May 2009 07:26 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Have fun, stay safe . . . and take pics. You kmow how those of us that have stay home love seeing the fun that the rest of the family was able to have.
and I would like to add I am truly humbled to be allowed to be a part of this Family. I love you All.

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Sat 23 May 2009 19:41 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
big tear here!

This is actually a very somber event. Gold Star Mothers are always there, and the tide is transitioning from mostly Vietnam Era vets to the current one from the Gulf War etc. When you make the turn onto Independance Ave, riding in a column of two, we are split by a US Marine in full dress blues, at attention and saluting, usually with tears streaming down his face. The first time that I saw this sight, I could not see through my owned teared up eyes. I was never in the Military, tried but was deemed 4F. I wanted to leave home and join the Marines and they wouldn't take me, I was heartbroken. I grew up on Military bases my entire life, and was at The Presidio in the late 60's and early seventies as the Viet Nam vets that were patched up in the field came to Letterman General Hospital to be re-operatd on and rehabilitated. as a young kid, it was hard to see. I can't imagine having been in Viet Nam. For those that did fight, or were era vets, my eternal gratitude for your sacrifices. I know the difference between the guys with all of the stories and the guys that can't bear to remember, because they were really there.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Sun 24 May 2009 14:19 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Quote:
I know the difference between the guys with all of the stories and the guys that can't bear to remember, because they were really there.
Scott

Those that came home were forever changed. I was 17 (married) and ran with an older crowd. One of my best friends went from 'Joe College' to 'Joe Druggie'. He did not tell stories so much as show pics. The stories were too hard to put into words . . . Thinking of them always tears me for they were treated as Shyt when they came home.
It is almost as tho I am back in that livingroom just trying to understand . . . why Americans treated their Soldiers so wrong . . . .
They were all just . . . kids :cry:

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Sun 24 May 2009 15:10 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Dad and mom are in DC. They are staying in Whytsville (I think that is how dad spelled it) because there were no rooms available any closer back in January when he made the reservations. I believe they are heading to The Smithsonian, tomarrow morning....or maybe that was the plan for today. Not sure. I know that they plan to be home tomarrow night. I haven't heard about their trip, yet.....cause they don't believe in cell phones. They have them but leave them turned off. They get on and back off, ASAP. All I have heard is (first call) "We are here and staying at...." and then "We are all meeting up at.......tomarrow, for the parade." Last was "Did you see the tree that fell in the yard? We left so early that I couldn't do anything with it. We just drove through the woods to get around it...Ya know, I found out real quick a Goldwing is not an off road vehicle." They will be surprised when they get home and find out that I cut the tree up, cleaned, and repaired the driveway. Dad expects to have to take care of it. I figure that is the least I could do for his service and sacrifices.

GAPB 20120726
NSIS ST0707

Post Posted: Mon 25 May 2009 07:44 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Snow, it is Wytheville, VA exit 71 to 73 off of rt 81, great Cracker Barrel there :)
My wife has family there, and we stay at the KOA at that exit when we visit, as I am kinda particular where I sleep!

My daughter and I did the ride. toured all of the monuments to the Vets and rode home. She took lots of pictures and video that will hopefully put those that wanted to be there on the ride. She will post these on my MYSPACE page later today under pictures, and will be titled accordingly.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Mon 25 May 2009 17:16 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Mdbtyhtr wrote:
Snow, it is Wytheville, VA exit 71 to 73 off of rt 81, great Cracker Barrel there :)
My wife has family there, and we stay at the KOA at that exit when we visit, as I am kinda particular where I sleep!

I also have camped there... once... on the way out to California... it is a nice campground... if that is where Sno's Dad stayed... that is a very far distance from DC.... several hundred miles anyway.... that is hard to believe there was nothing closer... even out in Manassas off I-66 or even over on 81... Holy cow... must have been a lot more attending than I could have imagined...

As Scott M. knows... I did not make it.... my daughter, who usually has the phones, went to visit an old friend that she had not seen in 20+ years... and 'yours truly'... got to hold down the fort... now the phones have been dead for a while and I did not anticipate anything... however, as soon as I got them pulled back to me... they started ringing... 2am onward... I just finished the last bond this morning at 11am.... I am certainly not complaining but it sure did knock me out of the ride... well, business first unfortunately.... and I think I may still ride up to DC for a much more 'laid back' visit to the memorials... I am a loner anyway and riding alone has never bothered me.... I may still try and hook up with Scott M. for a "hey, look at me" visit to put a face with the posts and phone calls... but if so... I will call first... I do not drop in unannounced anywhere......... unless of course if I am doing a pickup... anyway... will call later if and when I make the ride.

I hope everyone had a nice safe ride and got home ok....

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Mon 25 May 2009 17:45 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

[quote="speezack... if that is where Sno's Dad stayed... that is a very far distance from DC.... several hundred miles anyway.... that is hard to believe there was nothing closer... [/quote]

They stayed there but, from what I understand, they had an association meeting in Virginia (but I have no idea where; that may have had some to do with the decision, too), and then Rolling Thunder, also. They were at the Red Roof Inn. Supposedly, they are to be back tonight....but I can't reach them to find out for sure (refer to my earlier comments about Cell Phones; Dad didn't even take his cause it is sitting on their dining room table :x and mom has hers off; dad didn't take his "beeper" either).

Scott, I looked at the videos.....didn't see mom and dad :lol: .....maybe they lied about where they were going :? :D

GAPB 20120726
NSIS ST0707

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion