Dog the Racist, again • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: Dog the Racist, again
 Post Posted: Thu 11 Jun 2009 20:14 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
tsuggs wrote:
Thanks for posting the VA BEA course outline. I will use it to help develope new training requirements in CA.

Tony, the thing about our business that is so frustrating... among other things... is that there is so little competent, relevant information out there from "official" sources...

IN other words... DCJS in VA has done a lot to enhance and improve the overall operation of Bondsmen and Fugitive Recovery... I think the same with PI and other related Security Services but the overall burden has always fallen and is always taught by our own members in the field. There has always been a lack of people in the actual agencies that seem to know what the hell we do for sure and how to regulate effectively our trade. Thank goodness for the few highly qualified members of our field that have taken the time to develop training regiments that are effective and that work in real life... I am only a small town bondsman and as such am not privy to the big time folks that ply our trade in the cities and urban areas that probably see most of the business. The laws and regulations that we strive to abide by are IMHO not well known in most LE organizations and even in the courts our trade is in the shadows... I have posted true tales of judges... be they district, circuit or even supreme... that have exhibited, while sitting on the bench, a very limited knowledge of our trade...this has lent itself to the "Dogs" of the boob tube and one reason people watch... because real life is not as interesting and the laws that regulate are not well known and in many states don't even exist.

I, as many of you do... take a refresher course every other year that has absolutely nothing to do with bonding... it is filled with laws pertaining to P&C regulations and as a surety bondsman I need that license with the VA Bureau of Ins., but bonding is not mentioned... except when the moderators, after finding out that there are a few of us in the class... push us into telling some tales about our exciting life as a BEA or as a bondsman.... 8) 8) 8) 8) ... and you know I jump to the task... which at least keeps a few people from going to sleep toooo often.

But this is a problem and I guess it will improve slowly over time. We will have to continue to monitor, regulate and bring to the attention of the governing authorities whatever we see that need correcting or improving.... hopefully there will be those among us that maintain a credible reputation with LE and the courts and hopefully they will listen; most of the time.

I know that I have a reputation on FRN as a joker but believe me, in the real world I strive to be viewed as serious and competent and hopefully the funny side I exhibit at times is just a small part of my true persona.

So, having said that... you are welcome for the link... it looks like it should be at least related.

... and a thank you to the FRN members that do exactly what I have touted here... teach and work for the betterment and continued improvement of our trade... I started to name a few but not having all the knowledge of exactly who did what where... I will close this mouth on that one... you all know who you are... Joe Stiles I think is one.... Scott H. and Scott M. and Tony are several others.... keep up the hard work... we in this business should thank you daily for helping regulate and improve this crazy business...

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion