Picking up a new vest • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 01 Aug 2006 12:03 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Yak wrote:
Savage, .... Even getting this much response so fast, may i suggest reading some of the previous posts a few pages back. You'll find some of these topics have been discussed before in detail and save you some time with the results.

I made the thread to ask if there were any special things I should be on the lookout for or any special ways to break in a new custom vest. I did a search and could not find a topic on the matter. If you can find one and point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated.

Vienna, VA

Post subject: vests
 Post Posted: Tue 01 Aug 2006 12:49 
in memoriam

Kevin all my people use 111a vests alittle heavier and more uncomfortable but better protection--some important info on vests do not fold a vest it causes weak spots on the fold--heat light and perspiration are major cause of vest degradation if possible store your vest flat with air circulation to help it stay dry and not in direct sunlite--galls make a nice plastic vest storage box--also if your vest has a pocket for a trauma plate invest in the plate either hard or soft when you can - it will not only improve the ballist rating but make taking a round less traumatic and help you stay in the fight(less bullet energy is transfered to you making it easier to continue fighting) also remember most vests do not stop knife thrusts--the most important thing is to wear it--it does no good in your trunk

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 01 Aug 2006 17:23 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

I bought a Safariland Zero G Gold IIIA vest for 250.00 inxluding shipping on Ebay. And it was brand new. The Vest cost $894.99 new from Chief.

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter"

- Ernest Hemingway

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 02 Aug 2006 12:06 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Do some research before buying. Like just posted above, some compnaies sell the same thing for pennies on the dollar cheaper than other compnaies. But do not go less than a IIIA class vest.
These may be less comfortable than the lower class of vests, but the extra bulk could mean the difference between going home for another good night kiss from the children, and them having only memories of you after your funeral.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 02 Aug 2006 18:01 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Deen says support Isreal and buy "Marom Dolphin" :)

All kidding aside, I got a 2XL, brand new, 3A vest from the defense contractor shiiped from Tel Aviv and landed in the US for just 0ver $400. They sell to private citizens in the US and this vest is spectra/kevlar with a cordura shell and pocket for plates (Level 3 or 4) built in. Its not a conceal vest. Its a military outer vest, and comes in black. The spectra is actually adeema, a bit stiffer but same material, and its heavy, but I love it.

Winner do what losers refuse to do...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 02 Aug 2006 19:18 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

rhino wrote:
Deen says support Isreal and buy "Marom Dolphin" :)

All kidding aside, I got a 2XL, brand new, 3A vest from the defense contractor shiiped from Tel Aviv and landed in the US for just 0ver $400. They sell to private citizens in the US and this vest is spectra/kevlar with a cordura shell and pocket for plates (Level 3 or 4) built in. Its not a conceal vest. Its a military outer vest, and comes in black. The spectra is actually adeema, a bit stiffer but same material, and its heavy, but I love it.

Post the links for these... any pics?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 02 Aug 2006 20:57 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

This is the store-

http://stores.ebay.com/ZFI-Inc

I was apprehensive about buying such a critical item off ebay, but this guy is legit. I checked them out quite a bit before ordering.

Attachments:
marom dolphin vest.jpg
marom dolphin vest.jpg [ 15.71 KiB | Viewed 8954 times ]

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 07 Aug 2006 21:03 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

so any comment?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 07 Aug 2006 21:57 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

No idea about the quality... but seems like a steal for $300.

Vienna, VA

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion