Have you fired your gun? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 26 Jul 2006 16:51 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I remember when that happened it was quite a nightmare for you. Thank god everyone went home uninjured, well except for her head if I remember correctly.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 26 Jul 2006 17:41 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

Hey guys, kinda new here, but saw this post and thought id chime in. Around here in Louisiana its seems that recovery agents are all alone, we hardly get any police help at all, so we do all carry guns, i can only think of a few times that we have had to pull them. Ever since one of us got shot coming into a house a few years ago, the whole gun issue has been kind of tense. Most of us just carry spray and maybe a small backup gun.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 26 Jul 2006 18:15 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

I am pistol certified, revolver certified and shotgun certified by the CJTC of Washington state. I always carry concealed, have not taken my shotgun out yet. Will do so as the need arises.

Have never shot anybody... found a friend of mine who had just blown his brains out with a .38, five minutes earlier. My wife is the one to look out for. She can shoot a 9mm, five shot, 2" group at 30 feet.

Winner do what losers refuse to do...

Post subject: guns
 Post Posted: Wed 26 Jul 2006 20:34 
in memoriam

guns are tools like screwdrivers, hammers, handcuffs etc.-they have no use except for when we pick them up--when our training tells us to use them not our emotions or our egos but our training--that is why it is so important to get good quality training--ie the sig academy in epping nh or gunsite in arizona or thunder ranch or the lethal force institute etc.(there are many more i did not mention)

when the crap hits the fan and your brain is working so fast and hard its smokin we fall back on quality training not just instinct--emotion and fear cloud thought-training cuts thru the fog and keeps you reacting properly--so if you carry get the best quality weapon you can afford and the best training you can and practice and practice and practice and so and so on

the last and most important thing to remember is to train your brain and make the decision that no matter what -a 10 year gangbanger or a 90 year old grandmom uses deadly force against you -you are going home

the other thing is no bond no matter how much we stand to earn is worth a human life period--with that said if i was in Ruffins place there would have been 2 200 grain 45 caliber hollow points center mass in that ladies chest--when guns point in my direction and i can not flee there will be a dead man--remember i am coming home--if you can't wrap your head around that principle get out of this trade quickly--i do not want to raise money for the widow or orphans of a dead bea

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 26 Jul 2006 22:57 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

lowery wrote:
Hey guys, kinda new here, but saw this post and thought id chime in. Around here in Louisiana its seems that recovery agents are all alone, we hardly get any police help at all, so we do all carry guns, i can only think of a few times that we have had to pull them. Ever since one of us got shot coming into a house a few years ago, the whole gun issue has been kind of tense. Most of us just carry spray and maybe a small backup gun.

Where in Louisiana are you?
I have my state CCW which took an 8 hour class. Now keep in mind some instructors don't do it this way... the guy I took the cert from believed in being thorough. I spent 4 hours in class room and 2 exams, and a 4 hour shooting range tests. I believe I put 200 rounds in total down range at various distances and stances, some while moving in, moving back and side to side both left to right.
I am ex-military so I know my way around a gun, but comprehensive weapons training goes a long way.

Currently I am in the process of getting into the pre-licensing phase of my FRA license through the DOI.

I'm a firm believer in I will go home to my family at the end of the night, but I ahve seen so many people wanting to shoot someone, it's sad really.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 27 Jul 2006 08:24 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2065
Experience: 7 - 10 years
I wasn't even thinking about that story, Ruffin. :lol:

Anniston, AL

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 27 Jul 2006 09:01 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

I made this post because I am still deciding on whether or not to carry a gun. After this post and speaking to several BEAS I do not think I will carry a gun. I currently carry a taser and I believe that will be sufficient on the field. Thanks for the input!

Vienna, VA

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 27 Jul 2006 09:59 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 7 - 10 years
well back last year I jumped out on a guy we went on a foot chase well as he made a turn he pulled a gun and shot at me I pulled mine but I could not return fire he jumped a fence and went in to a school yard were kids was play so I had to back off. But kicker to it is two weeks later he showed up for a court date and met him on the steps in the court house.

423-421-2897

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 27 Jul 2006 11:22 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Experience: More than 10 years
We do alot of training with Airsoft; room clearings, building entries, interior set ups, hand signals, very much like SWAT or Seal Team training for CQB. Very effective and very authentic.

I'd recommend it to anyone.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion