NON BEA - Target pistols! • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: NON BEA - Target pistols!
 Post Posted: Thu 18 Aug 2011 18:01 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
RCrew wrote:
My personal weapons now are a Browning Hi-Power 9mm, a Sig P229 .40 cal, three personally customized .45 ACP (bought the receivers as 80 percent lowers, then customized them myself to be exactly what I wanted), an old Mossberg 500 12 guage, a highly modified M-14 and a couple of others that I modified.

Randall, I have a Browning Hi-Power 9 and love it.... and.... I saw 2 guys at an IDPA shoot the other day... both were shooting Hi-Power 9's... I thought that was kinda different... most of those guys shoot highly customized .45's or 9's... a couple shoot what I shoot which is the Beretta P-4 Storm 9mm, which I just like the feel and it seems to be very accurate... plus, I am partial to exposed hammers... I have a couple of internal hammer auto's but I like the exposed hammer (no particular reason??) anyway... I had a Model 41 Smith and for some reason, sold or traded it years ago... not sure... I really liked it but got rid of it... (I sometimes do things without good reason... anyone else like that??? 8) )

My 12 gauge home defense gun is a simple black plastic stocked, short barrel Winchester 1200 pump with an 8 round extension loaded with #4 buckshot. I wish I had an M-14 of any description... I do have a Ruger Mini-14 that I keep with a case or so of .223 (5.56mm) just in case my neighbor acts up.... or the Russians or Taliban show up... they will get me but there will be a pile of them in the yard.... also have a M-1 Garand and a M-1 Carbine which I inherited from a buddy of mine... anyway...

Plinkin' is a great pastime and in addition to .22's being probably and certainly the most economical... I also have several pellet guns that are great 'plinkers'. Benjamin makes a pretty good inexpensive pump air gun... in the 5mm range...

Here's a neat little tale.... I once carried my little Benjamin pump pistol with me on a schedule run to Columbus Ohio... I used to go up there 3 times a week... the terminal was surrounded by woods and inside the city limits and there must have been 10,000 rabbits all over the terminal yard... well, one afternoon, I took my tractor out to the edge of a little grassy field and about dark... all these fat little rabbits came out to graze... yes, you guessed it.... they were not afraid of the tractor and I was sitting in the front seat plinkin away.... I think I got maybe 10 or so... and the little pellet air gun didn't make enough noise to alert anyone.... deadly at 20 or 30 steps... yep.... took them in the break room which had cooking facilities... got out a bucket of water... skinned, gutted and cut up the rabbits... put them in a couple of big plastic gallon containers with some vinegar, salt and water and soaked them for 24 hours... drained them on the next trip and put them in a big crock pot that they had there with some carrots, potatoes, onions, celery and beef stock... salt and pepper to taste and fed those city boys that nite.... only a couple knew what they were eating and the terminal manager made a comment a week or so later that he had noticed a decline in the rabbit population!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I never said a word and neither did anyone else... boy that was good eatin............... :lol: :lol: 8) 8)

Sorry, got off the subject.... when your old, your mind wanders.... uh......... yep.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Thu 18 Aug 2011 18:11 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
In case some of you did not know who Josh Randall or what a Leg Pistol was...

Quote:
The Mare’s Leg (Mare’s Laig) was the name given to a customized shortened rifle by Steve McQueen’s character on the television series Wanted: Dead or Alive (1958–1961). McQueen’s character was named Josh Randall, and the gun has been referred to as a Winchester Randall, or a Randall Special.

You want one.... here tis... http://www.henryrepeating.com/rifle-mares-leg.cfm

I had forgotten about this one......... I am gonna order one tonight....

If you have a bit of time... you might find this little video interesting...

http://www.henryrepeating.com/htv-rfd-tv.cfm

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Thu 18 Aug 2011 21:08 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
I have a sig sauer 1911 .22 fun to shoot. I'm off to work right now, ill post a pic of it and give a little more info on it when i get home.

Future Recovery agent.

"We are a nation of laws, not of men." - John Adams

Life is full of lessons and one I know understand. While curiosity and the thirst of knowledge is a great thing; It can become a social burden at times. Not everyone can understand "why".. I try my best to stay patient with those who don't understand and will reject me.

Post Posted: Fri 19 Aug 2011 13:38 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Experience: < 1 year
This is my Sig sauer 1911. It shoots well and can be rapid fired with one hand and still group in a size of a quarter at about 15 yards. ( roughly the space you'll have an encounter at) I have 2 clips each hold 10 rounds. I have to say i Like it :D. but I do have feeding issues 1 out of about 300 rounds. so its not too bad really. My Girlfriend shoots this as well. It's comfortable in the hands, and if you have a good stance and recoil control, its nothing. I do plan on getting new grips for I'm not exactly keen on beaver tails.. I found online the smiley face from "watchmen" might stick those on there.

Attachments:
sig-sauer-1911-22-B.gif
sig-sauer-1911-22-B.gif [ 20.99 KiB | Viewed 6098 times ]

Future Recovery agent.

"We are a nation of laws, not of men." - John Adams

Life is full of lessons and one I know understand. While curiosity and the thirst of knowledge is a great thing; It can become a social burden at times. Not everyone can understand "why".. I try my best to stay patient with those who don't understand and will reject me.

Post Posted: Fri 19 Aug 2011 14:58 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Experience: < 3 years
If I may just interject :D Please, no offense meant... it is my OCD acting up and I cannot help myself some days......

Most ''automatics" use magazines with the exception of some military rifles that use ''Stipper clips''.

Few handguns use those type of clips, however one of the coolest guns ever did. A buddy of mine had a number of these and I love the feel in my hand. Very comfortable.

This is the Mauser Broomhandle: it used a Clip and loaded from the top.

I am not a BEA - just a Bondsman trying to improve and become a better bondsman.

Post Posted: Tue 23 Aug 2011 12:05 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
I saw all the hardware Bill has referred to in this and many other posts.

If the crap ever hits the fan and I have time to make it across country, I'm going to Bills! We could probably hold off a small arny for quite some time with his stock pile!

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion