Call on skip..and a waste of my time.. • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: Call on skip..and a waste of my time..
 Post Posted: Thu 11 Aug 2011 05:04 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1999
Experience: 7 - 10 years
I can't speak on other areas but when it comes to Georgia.....many of the Companies and Agents do not know how to read a data search. What I mean is that a person may have years of experience but do not know and understand what the information on an (oh, I don't know) IRB means. Up until about a year to a year and a half ago, I did not fullu understand how to interpret a search engine. This has people run around to several.....no.....many addresses that were not neccessary. What I am saying is that this may be a large part of the confusion with these calls. The may feel they have a "Great Address" only to find that someone else finds a "better address" while "the family" gives a different address. All of this causes a re-group by the source.

One example of incorrectly reading data is that I had sat on a house for three days straight (directly instructed that "He will be there. We just have to wait"). On the third day, while I was watching the apartment with another agent (who I will get back to in a second), one of the senior members from here and long time professionals of this industry just happened to call while I was sitting. After telling this person that I was "sitting" on a house because of the way teh Search was interpreted, the member said "No. I just looked him up. He is in Texas." (He gave me the home address which he had just moved in to, vehicle info, and place of business for the defendant). I turned this over to the Lead Agent (big mistake) for further review but he stated that the addresses had already been checked and that was old info......4 days later, one of his agents posted on Facebook "leaving ____ (Texas) with _____ (defendant) in tow. My hard work and persistance payed off for a change. Picked him up from his "new" house when he was leaving for work. I just love it when a plan comes together" And this, of course, cut me out of getting paid anything for the case.

Anyway, not knowing the correct way of reading info can lead to misdirected calls such as the ones mentioned.

GAPB 20120726
NSIS ST0707
http://www.rocksolidrg.com
"The hero is not the man that acts without fear,
He is the man that acts inspite of fear"

Post Posted: Thu 11 Aug 2011 05:43 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
Quote:
Anyway, not knowing the correct way of reading info can lead to misdirected calls such as the ones mentioned.

At the conference in Vegas, the IRB rep. gave a very detailed talk on 'interpretation' and that is the meat of this business... all the info in the world is useless if you can't decipher the data.

I have a hard time with this also... I have meant to try and get into this but to date... I just leave it up to the BEA folks for now.... but it is paramount in recovery. Well said Sno.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Thu 11 Aug 2011 08:05 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1999
I had to be taught by a member on here (some of you may have heard of him :lol: ....but I will not mention names) because I was originally shown how to read these by the same person from the story. At first, I was taught that the first listing and the longest listing were the only ones to pay attention to. I was retrained and It has made all the difference.....Plus I don't make so many calls to get things "set up" or to have people on stand by, only to recall everyone.

GAPB 20120726
NSIS ST0707
http://www.rocksolidrg.com
"The hero is not the man that acts without fear,
He is the man that acts inspite of fear"

Post Posted: Thu 11 Aug 2011 16:35 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Experience: More than 10 years
You are funny Snow, being correct was more valuable than the money any way, and you know that ;)

Of course we learn while teaching and I learned never to help your former client again! We both got zilch.

Gotta love this biz!

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Thu 11 Aug 2011 19:37 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3077
Experience: 5 - 7 years
Sno,
In this case it was a bondsman that seemed to trust what the cosigners mother was saying rather than any info on a search engine.On top of that,he blew up the defendants phone and told her he was sending a messenger.She gave him a wrong address of course and thats were I came in!!

Now I am not slamming these guys because I have made those mistakes as well,Actually I am probably slamming myself more than anything due to the fact I should have known better.

I have jacked this post and I have to apoligise Angela.

Cell:(931)551-5020

Post Posted: Fri 12 Aug 2011 01:57 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1366
Its cool, Jay :)

" Yeah, I see ya, you ding dong..."

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion