Issues of having a concealed weapon when making an arrest. • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: Issues of having a concealed weapon when making an arres
 Post Posted: Fri 22 Jul 2011 08:19 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
Quote:
Anyone has more personal questions i would be happy to take into consideration answering them but i have learned to be careful what i post online as once its up, it never comes down. As to my real experience in what will help me as a bail recovery agent, well thats for me to know and perhaps you to find out

Anyone really know who this guy is that we are giving advise to ?

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Fri 22 Jul 2011 08:47 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Groups:
Interests:
FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year

Last visited: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:24 pm

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=12177&p=60574#p60574

No offense, but not enough about you to tell you much . . .

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

Post Posted: Fri 22 Jul 2011 08:48 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Quote:
Anyone really know who this guy is that we are giving advise to ?

Understand.... what I am saying is just basic public knowledge insight from personal experience, no secrets here... just common sense judgment calls.... when I post this stuff, as you know... it is intended for public consumption... if "classified" items need to come out... it won't be on here... but general info to the rank and file... no biggie in my book.

... however, it would be nice to know a bit more about him... not sure what was inferred by the last statement he made....

Quote:
Anyone has more personal questions i would be happy to take into consideration answering them but i have learned to be careful what i post online as once its up, it never comes down. As to my real experience in what will help me as a bail recovery agent, well thats for me to know and perhaps you to find out

I would say that if he feels that concerned about his privacy... maybe he is on the wrong site... cause he is definetely gonna get check out.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Fri 22 Jul 2011 09:24 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
First of all i'd like too say thanks for the wealth of information already provided by those who answered. Something i would just like to point out is that how this forum runs is very different from any i have encountered before so some slack would be appreciated, i am more than happy to learn how things are done here however a pleasant hey you should put this information about yourself would be nice, just sayin.

@speezack i find what you say to be very humorous and extremely true about how you dress. It can make all the difference in the world how people treat you. I once worked as a service technician but also did sales to existing customers, i would come out of someones basement covered in filth and grime and sell them a $1,850 dehumidifier that does the whole basement (and no i wasn't ripping them off these things were huge) and i would sell because i did NOT look like or act like a salesman, if you can have people view you in a positive light and a non defensive posture it makes a world of difference. Also thanks for the advice about the when involving LE, it is true that all of us like to hear the sound of our own voice when asked for advice, but also i know for myself i have learned the most by asking questions of others. Why touch the hot stove when you can just ask someone else what its like to do it eh??

So it seems my concerns about issue of maintaining control of your fire arm are for the most part are unwarranted so thank you all for addressing that topic. And in regards to only drawing when you intend to use it i understand that all to well myself but thanks for the reminder.

Denver, Co
Skype greyfoxisa

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Post Posted: Fri 22 Jul 2011 10:15 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Greyfox and Mods . . . PM sent

Post Posted: Fri 22 Jul 2011 22:51 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3077
Experience: 5 - 7 years
Personally,concealed or not I carry a level 3 holster so it would be a fairly difficult task for someone to get ahold of my weapon.Not saying that it is impossible but unlikely.IF I wear another holster it is at least a level 2 just so it is a little harder to be yanked out.
I agree that when a weapon is visible it can raise the threat level but I am a BEA that wears a badge so there is usually an assumption that I am armed anyway.I carry both exposed as well as concealed,it is a case by case decision.
We also have a system of whos duties are whos before we leave on a recovery,always at least one person restraining while the other covers.

Cell:(931)551-5020

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion