IDPA Shooting • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: IDPA Shooting
 Post Posted: Wed 02 Mar 2011 19:12 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
I might mention that it is supposed to be very dreary and rainy on Sunday... the day of the shoot... if that is the case, I will not be attending because I am a "straw hat" kind of guy and this range is outside.... however, there is another shoot the following Sunday in the same place... I may attend that one, time will tell... but regardless of whether I am there or not... get involved in this activity... it is fun and you will be very surprised how it will improve your overall gun performance.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sun 14 Aug 2011 06:57 
in memoriam

Just an update and some more info for all you 'pistoleros'... I say again... IDPA as reflected in my thread, is a really great organization that can provide you with excellent practical scenarios that will hone and sharpen even seasoned shooters...

I found this site on you-tube and thought I would provide the link... as you know, I like guns and shooting and I am always searching for avenues of improvement for my limited abilities... I can't run fast, I am slowing down on my self defense moves... I have forgotten most of what I learned in the Marines... I am just an old fat man who has to protect himself from the "WOLVES".... and believe me "pilgrims" this world is filled with wolves... and you better be able to protect yourself and your loved ones from them... because you are the first line defense against them and the many bad things that can come your way...

So......... having said all that.... here is a link that will give you a bit of insight into IDPA and the International Defensive Pistol Association... also, please click on the other links in this thread... you will learn a lot and have a ton of fun........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFDaVIbJ4AU&NR=1

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sun 14 Aug 2011 10:26 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
Thanks for the info, i think i will be getting involved with this group. Looks like fun 8)

Denver, Co
Skype greyfoxisa

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Post Posted: Mon 15 Aug 2011 11:12 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 3 - 5 years
IDPA can be a great way to improve, and learn some practical handgun application. I would recommend that you look at it from competing with yourself, as it should be. If you start 'gaming' to get a faster time than others shooters you learn some really bad habits. shooting through a hostage for example to get your hits on a hostile because its faster than slowing down for a head shot on the hostile is not good practice. Ive been shooting Idpa for a while. I think its great. Just ignore the gamers and the ones with poor handling for the sake of a faster time.

State Approved Courses for POST and DIFP
Located in Central/Southwest Missouri/St. Louis/Kansas City

Post Posted: Mon 15 Aug 2011 18:09 
in memoriam

shooter64738 wrote:
<<>>look at it from competing with yourself, as it should be. <<>>Just ignore the gamers and the ones with poor handling for the sake of a faster time.

That is good advice... and your right... of course if your as old and fat and slow as I am... I go for accuracy rather than speed... I may be slow, but I normally hit what I aim at... being fast and accurate is great but we all can't be a Saturday matinee cowboy... I just try to hit and let the speed come later.... if at all...

Post Posted: Sun 20 Nov 2011 09:55 
in memoriam

Was going to "bump" this for the newbies but us older guys and gals need this too... IMHO

Here is a good intro from Ruger to give you some more insight if you haven't already seen it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFDaVIbJ4AU

DAMN... I'M GETTING OLD... I posted this link in August... sorry.......... if your so inclined... look at it again....

Practice makes perfect... Gail always makes me do things over and over and over... till I get it right....

8) :roll: :oops:

Post Posted: Mon 21 Nov 2011 19:38 
in memoriam

Here's pretty good video, representative of the sport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAT4QPrHy0c

and another...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbhB1Mc3VAU

... and well... here is one that is ... well.... I will simply say this...

... if you look very hard at this video... you will notice that the steel plates are falling as they get hit... pay attention...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=Q5Bu8p-byys

... sorry, but I just had to stick this one in here for Tony....

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion