states allowing convicted felons to do BEA work • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: states allowing convicted felons to do BEA work
 Post Posted: Tue 15 Jun 2010 11:09 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
MSTFWalters wrote:
trblmkr83 wrote:
fresh out of a 2 year term in the Army

Two years? What happend, if you don't mind me asking.

i signed up for a 6 year term to get the GI Bill.... after 2 years (well a little over 2 years) my grandmother became very ill and had nobody to take care of her etc. I petitioned the Army to leave temporarily on a hardship to take care of my grandmother with every intention of returning.

I am of course planning to finish paying my restitution and moving on from there.... am just trying to get all the information i can to weigh my options...

OKAY.... introduction.

My name is Kasondra..... I was born in Tampa Fl., but grew up in Fairfield, Ca. Graduated from Armijo High School with honors in 2001 and joined the army at 17. Left the military after 28 months due to a family hardship..... I have 3 amazing children and recently started working from home as an event coordinator for an entertainment company booking bands etc (which hopefully will get this restitution stuff taken care of). I was married for 6 years to a man who a year ago became extremely abusive, which got me volunteering to work with abused women and children at a domestic violence shelter in my area, and made me a single mom of 3 children under 3 years old. I have always been interested in a field involving justice such as parole officer or corrections, but those options have been stripped away by my own naivety .... so i have been researching and looking into Bail Recovery. I know it may sound like a line coming from a "felon," but i believe in justice and making sure people pay for the crimes they committ and dont think getting out on bail should be an out for them to run. I want to play a part in making sure justice is served.

Post Posted: Tue 15 Jun 2010 11:54 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
Please . . .start here . . . viewtopic.php?f=29&t=9435

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Tue 15 Jun 2010 13:38 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1999
Experience: 7 - 10 years
Just so you will know, before attempting to return....The Army has cut recruiting. This is to include anyone that is a single parent of more than 1 child. The only way, with the new regs, that you would be able to return is to sign over rights to another (which, though a personnal choice, would be a complicated one). I do commend you on your service. I offer even more admiration for your dedication to your grandmother. At the same time, I did want to inform you that getting out may have happened at the worst time in recruiting history.....our military is having to turn down, even, prior service members that have specialty skills because of the recent overmanning. Just some information that I felt I would pass on.

GAPB 20120726
NSIS ST0707
http://www.rocksolidrg.com
"The hero is not the man that acts without fear,
He is the man that acts inspite of fear"

Post Posted: Tue 15 Jun 2010 16:55 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
One question, how will you handle child care? If you get work as a recovery agent, even in CA, you will need to be available at a moments notice. Who will watch your kids at 3:00AM?

Post Posted: Tue 15 Jun 2010 18:26 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
Kasandra,
People make mistakes in their life that have a profound effect in their life as they get older no matter if the pay their dues or due time, in the eyes of the law you have paid your due but in the eyes of society as it is you will be a felon the rest of your life right or wrong as you will or have found out. I have been out of the military since 1975 back then if you were discharged on a hardship you still were entitled to your benefits if that is still the case i would really recommend to go to school and get a Criminal Justice Degree with that in hand the doors will open up to you to go another route. So many states are tighting their belt on laws for Enforcement Agents because of the power and right to be able to rearrest. Even states that say after 10 or 15 years you can apply but in reality they will accept your application but it will go no further. A single mother with three small children to take of would find this job to almost impossible do to the wearied life style. I am in no way judging you for anything just leting you know it will be very very hard for you to break into the Bail Recovery business.

Also Thank you for your service

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post Posted: Thu 17 Jun 2010 18:36 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

tsuggs wrote:
One question, how will you handle child care? If you get work as a recovery agent, even in CA, you will need to be available at a moments notice. Who will watch your kids at 3:00AM?

I have an amazing support system and an amazing roommate that would watch my children at the drop of a dime anytime as I was her last option and have been their for her through a LOT including giving her and her son room and board in my home until she gets back on her feet. I honestly believe that when you want something bad enough you will make it happen. Where there is a will there is a way.

Post Posted: Thu 17 Jun 2010 18:44 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

DMARTZ wrote:
Kasandra,
People make mistakes in their life that have a profound effect in their life as they get older no matter if the pay their dues or due time, in the eyes of the law you have paid your due but in the eyes of society as it is you will be a felon the rest of your life right or wrong as you will or have found out.

I have definitely learned this lesson. You are judged by your negative record regardless of how many positive things you may have done before or since. No mater the circumstances or the outcome. A person is never judged for who they are but where they have been and how they get where they are going.

I actually began Criminal Justice Classes online last year in order to have more backing. A positive to counteract the negative so to speak. My original intention was to work in parole as I mentioned before, and schedule wise it may be something more realistic.... but as I said when there is a will .... you must find the way.

Post Posted: Fri 18 Jun 2010 17:01 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Well,

I would say get your record cleared up and start knocking on doors in Redding. They probably have the most bail offices in your area.

Unless you still plan on moving to another state, then you may have that child care issue to deal with again.

Post Posted: Mon 28 Jun 2010 21:01 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

tsuggs wrote:
Well,

I would say get your record cleared up and start knocking on doors in Redding. They probably have the most bail offices in your area.

thank you i will :) :)

Post Posted: Tue 29 Jun 2010 08:14 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Kasandra.... not to sound like a male chauvinist pig.... however, reality is that if you look like your avatar, you will probably get a lot of jobs... just be sure to screen your possible employers.... (I had the guts to say this when none of the other male chauvinist pigs would do it.... but they wanted to, you can bet.... but then I am old and can get away with it...... most of the time. ) :oops: :mrgreen: 8) :shock:

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion