Why Do You call if You Don't Want Work & waste My Time • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: Why Do You call if You Don't Want Work & waste My Time
 Post Posted: Thu 27 May 2010 09:02 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1988
Experience: More than 10 years
There will always be people that fantasize about during certain jobs, types of jobs that they find interesting until they realize out what the job entails. This rings true for bail enforcement too. The mere nature of this line work attracts would-be law enforcement types, cowboys, yahoos and general damn fools.

However there is that rare occasion when the ideal professional walks into your office seeking employment be it full-time or part-time. He or she may already be highly skilled and well trained or willing to learn from a qualified professional. Let us just say for the sake of agreement the job seeker has full-time employment as a Private Investigator, CJA-Investigator, Bondsman, or even as a Bail Enforcement Agent. Should the employer act capriciously and immediately tell this person(s) that we have no interest in employing them because they are not able to traverse the country on a whim looking for wayward skips. Or should he take the time to conduct a positive interview and glean what this person(s) can assist the agency with and how his or her skill set could possibly promote business productivity.

We tell new members all the time not to quit your full time job to do this type of work, to have other avenues of income because this type of work does not lend itself to regular income. In some states the cost of securing the ubiquitous licenses i.e. BEA, CCW, and the associated recertification can be costly for some. The most experienced of you know very well that in this industry one can be living high on the hog for a few months and destitute for several other months.

As a general rule we work on commission or for a percentage of the face value of the bond, the people who hire us do not offer health insurance, life insurance, or a retirement plan nor do they pay for the aforementioned training and licenses. If and when these benefits are offered, then the prospective employer can demand more training and certification above what your respective state requires. “ JMHO”

Tel: 1-800-387-0787

Anti-Moral Majority Club President
"Fear not the unknown, Fear the person who controls the unknown" Gene 7:14

Post subject: Re: Why Do You call if You Don't Want Work & waste My Time
 Post Posted: Mon 31 May 2010 15:53 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
Quote:
We tell new members all the time not to quit your full time job to do this type of work, to have other avenues of income because this type of work does not lend itself to regular income. In some states the cost of securing the ubiquitous licenses i.e. BEA, CCW, and the associated recertification can be costly for some.

Well said Gene. I should have listened better myself several months ago. I understand why Jay is upset, and when people are unprofessional, they should be avoided, keep in mind it works on both sides. Just as you have bad BEA's you also have bad bondsman. And for people who are taking this seriously, in certain states, costs add up real quick and some like myself will eventually start off part time. Each time I thought I was close to being ready, I realized I was missing something and had to shell out more money. For example, getting my PI license and obtaining access to databases so I don't have to shell out money to a Private Investigator to get info on a skip. Then I had to shell out money for the databases. It feels sometimes like a never ending circle.

I ended up getting a day job (SCOP) because I needed health insurance which keeps me from attempting this full time, so while I am working I am also getting more in training. But not being able to do this full time, probably turns bondsman away and I can see their reasoning. It's certainly not a cheap field to start working in unless you plan on hiring a cowboy. So Jay - I know this might seem odd, but I think you should be greatful they didn't show up rather then be frustrated and angry. I mean it probably saved you a lot of time and money in the long run :D

VA DCJS #99-99238446

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion