recovery rates • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

What is acceptable for recovery rates?
10% of bond amount only 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
10% of bond amount or $300, which ever is greater 69%  69%  [ 9 ]
10% of bond amount or $200, which ever is greater 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
10% of bond amount or $150, which ever is greater 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other: please comment below 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 13

Post subject: Re: recovery rates
 Post Posted: Tue 13 Aug 2013 03:08 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4549
Experience: 3 - 5 years
SURETYRISKMANAGEMENT wrote:
Well, I remember that when I was operating in Las Vegas, I charged 10% of the penal amount of the bail bond(s) with a $300.00 minimum fee. I had to make working each and every single assignment worth my investment. If the money isn't worth my time, then the assignment doesn't get worked. My clients were more than happy with the $300.00 minimum fee, or they would not have continued to issue their assignments to me. The proof is in the pudding.

Here's one way to look at it:
If the client is unhappy with your minimum fee, then ask your client if s/he would be willing to invest his/her money, effort, expertise, and time to personally work on the assignment for less money. If the answer is "no," well then there you go! If the answer is "yes," then your reply should be, "Go for it!" Don't be rude; just state the facts plain and simply.

All business owners are in the same general business; which is the business of making money. If a job isn't profitable, then it simply isn't worth your time. If it doesn't make dollars, then it doesn't make sense (cents). This is what I like to call simple math. It ain't rocket science, folks.

This minimum fee provides the client with a certain amount of security in knowing that s/he has provided you with the proper motivation to cure their forfeitures in a professional and timely fashion. The client will have peace of mind knowing that a "low bail amount" assignment is not sitting somewhere on a desk or inside of a file crate/cabinet collecting dust and cobwebs. The client will know that you are working on the assignment because s/he has provided you with the proper motivation to secure his or her "wayward client."

I completely agree

Arizona

Post Posted: Tue 13 Aug 2013 03:10 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4549
adarbyem wrote:
I just got started. In fact, I just surrendered my first skip yesterday. The bond was only $800, but I suppose we all have to start somewhere. It took about 12-hours over two days (including booking and travel time) to close the case. I have heared that the more experienced guys charge a higher minimum, but the general consensus I have found is 10% ($250-$300) minimum.

It could vary state by state, Washington (where I do recovery) has some pretty extensive licensing requirements which come at a high cost to renew each year.

I'm curious, what did you charge? Did you charge a minimum or only 10% of the bond since it was so low?

Arizona

Post Posted: Tue 13 Aug 2013 06:14 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1988
Experience: More than 10 years
Most of the recovery work we do is immigration bonds, as a standard the alien or the co-signer is required to remit fifteen percent of the bonds face value before release along with any other collateral requested.

Therefore our fee is fifteen percent plus seventy five cents per mile if we have to transport the alien more than one hundred miles to an Immigration and Customs/ERO Operations Office.

For state and local bonds our rate is ten percent or a base of three hundred fifty dollars plus seventy five cents per mile for transport of more than one hundred miles. For rush or last minute jobs we charge more but those are normally charged on a case by case basis.

Tel: 1-800-387-0787

Anti-Moral Majority Club President
"Fear not the unknown, Fear the person who controls the unknown" Gene 7:14

Post Posted: Tue 13 Aug 2013 15:40 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3671
I operate in the "neighborhood" of 10%. Lower if the FTA is fresh...higher if it is in the final emergency stages. I have a solid minimum of $400, for anything.

Ca. Bail Agent Lic#1845795
Owner/Operator, Thomas Duprey Bail Bonds
Owner/Operator, Orange County Bounty
(714) 727-4689

Post Posted: Tue 13 Aug 2013 18:15 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
I only have one comment.... you can take this to the bank...

You get what you pay for.... and remember this old saying...

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten?"

I am exactly like anyone here... I don't want to pay any more than I absolutely have to.... but.... I will gladly pay more for a job well done... and get a firm price before the job commences... agree to the price or walk away, but if the job is done and brought to a satisfactory end... pay the man, thank him and the next time... when you need him... he will be there.

I would much rather pay more and retain my good reputation than to try and cheat someone out of a few bucks and have someone talk about me... ask anyone that has dealt with me.... I may not accept your price but if I do... you will certainly get paid.. and that is worth more than cheap price.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Wed 14 Aug 2013 17:55 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3671
There is just no explaining this to some of the local bondsmen here. I finished up a job that was almost a year old and had been trashed by previous investigative efforts. If it wasn't bad enough that Vince and I closed a case in 3 weeks that this other investigator had been "working" for nearly a year...this guy kicked in a door on a third-party residence (def's aunt but not a co-signer or having any connection to the case on paper). When I talked to the bondsman about both of these factors (he already knew the guy had kicked the door!)....he said, "he's cheap."
There's just no telling some j@ck@$$eS.

Ca. Bail Agent Lic#1845795
Owner/Operator, Thomas Duprey Bail Bonds
Owner/Operator, Orange County Bounty
(714) 727-4689

Post Posted: Wed 14 Aug 2013 21:31 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 757
DMARTZ wrote:
You will find 10% is normal. (Its been this price since the 70's) But there are those of us that charge more and there are those that charge less. I have not worked for 10% for many years but I have also worked for 0% for some. If you charge a premium fee you must provide premium work.

Steve gets paid more because he is so pretty in his spandex uniform :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You know it, David! :mrgreen:

NSIN# SF0105
LIC. #704058

Post Posted: Thu 15 Aug 2013 01:25 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
EXLEFugitiveRecovery wrote:
adarbyem wrote:
I just got started. In fact, I just surrendered my first skip yesterday. The bond was only $800, but I suppose we all have to start somewhere. It took about 12-hours over two days (including booking and travel time) to close the case. I have heared that the more experienced guys charge a higher minimum, but the general consensus I have found is 10% ($250-$300) minimum.

It could vary state by state, Washington (where I do recovery) has some pretty extensive licensing requirements which come at a high cost to renew each year.

I'm curious, what did you charge? Did you charge a minimum or only 10% of the bond since it was so low?

I invoiced $250 plus mileage, the total bill was $355.00.

Bail Bond Recovery Agent - #400

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion