Bail Enforcement and you... • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Bail Enforcement and you...
 Post Posted: Thu 06 Dec 2012 18:15 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
10. Professionalism in Bounty Hunting?
I'm a rock star!!! Tactically HARDCORE!! A weekend warrior...

9. That 200 resumes that you need to mail out?
Just consider that pesky; don’t expect to waste your time. If you are a good Bounty Hunter, brawn, tough and a veteran of the streets, with a darker then black, black belt, you are fine. Marketing course for Bail Enforcers? I held a job in the farmers market, I know all about marketing..

8. Don’t worry about your level of fitness.
You played high school football, you’re on a summer softball league, and you’re awesome at Wii boxing so you’ll get in shape in no time, right?

7. Always remember that you are owed.
Don’t think that you have to work hard, prove yourself, or compete with anyone else; you are entitled to this opportunity. After all, how many people are willing to make the sacrifices you’ll have to make as a Bail Enforcement Agent; they should feel fortunate that you’ve chosen an admirable profession, and it’s the Bail bondsman to make sure your career dreams are realized.

6. Why worry about your personal appearance?
“Don’t judge a book by its cover,” isn’t that what your grandma always said? You’re applying to be a Bail Enforcer Agent, not a Marine or a Wall Street broker, everyone is sure to love your Female Body Inspector t-shirt you bought in Cancun, or be impressed with those Victoria’s Secret PINK short shorts you just got at the mall. Besides, that scruffy Brad Pitt look or the high school Goth girl fashion statement may be just what they’re looking for to catch their skips.

5. Don’t bother to read anything more difficult or thought provoking than the latest issue of People magazine or your buddy’s fantasy football blog.
Reading actual books interferes with your emailing, texting, Skyping, and keeping up with all that great reality TV. You’ll have no problem catching up once you’re an agent. Hey, that penal code book has lots of words and no pictures, forget that!

4. Don’t worry about your personal finances.
After all, soon you’ll have a secure job (business) and lenders will be practically throwing money at you. Why would $25,000 in credit card debt, a defaulted car loan, or one little bankruptcy be a concern? Once you get a good job, so you can take care of all those pesky bills? Besides, no one actually pays back their student loans, do they? Credit score, bills are for mature folks, with a sense of responsibility.

3. You’re going to have to live life on the straight and narrow after you become Bail Enforcement Agent.
Whatever ethical or lifestyle choices you make will certainly have no bearing on anyone’s perception of your decision-making abilities as a Bail Enforcer, later on. And why should you be held to a higher standard? That’s certainly not fair. After all, you’re not getting paid to behave like a Boy Scout, you are not a Law Enforcer, nor a Lawyer. "Dog The Bounty Hunter" episodes is enough to gain ethical knowledge. "Get em' Leland!!"

2. Don’t spend your time doing your due diligence in FRN/BEA.
Certainly no one will care, where you got your certs. who your instructor and mentors are.. Online schools offers certifications, and cool badges. Prior work or service history is none relevant. Why would it matter if you just flunked out of the local junior college, held seven different fast food jobs in the past year, or spent the last six months on your parents’ living room couch playing XBOX? Life is all about looking forward. Join a forum, and post lots of questions, regarding your field of interest. Do little and let others do more for you. Due Diligence is over rated.

1. Let your potential employers know right off the bat that you’re not big on working weekends, holidays, and nights or on your birthday.
In fact, make sure that your interviewers know that you’re really not interested in “paying your dues” in some dead end assignment. You have natural talent, you’ve watched a lot of “Dog The Bounty Hunter” and you’re ready for the big time. In fact, as soon as you get in a little better shape, you’ll be ready to kick doors and run wild.

"Be you. And if that's not possible, be the guy who wants to be you." -Me.. Because, I am waiting to shine, and I will do everything to succeed.

BailSpeak Alumni
N.A.B.B.I member

Post subject: Re: Bail Enforcement and you...
 Post Posted: Thu 06 Dec 2012 19:21 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Experience: More than 10 years
Had a phone call this afternoon, it is paraphrased, but went something like this: Hey, I want to be a bounty hunter. Do you have any experience? Yes, I was in the Army. For how long? 2 years. Why only 2 years? I was in the reserves and moved away and couldn't find a unit to affiliate with. Couldn't or wouldn't? Well I did not like the Army anyway. So went walkabout? Huh? This job is not for you. Why? Because you have already demonstrated that you do not have the heart or the integrity to protect your battle buddy, so I know you won't protect me, good bye! Click brrrrr.......
Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Fri 07 Dec 2012 11:33 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Antonio,

Excellent observations. Unfortunately, they apply to almost all other professions as well. Just change a few details.

Today many, many people want the spoils without the labor, in the bail bonding business in particular.

Lets be honest. You don't have to be a brain surgeon, rocket scientist or astrophyicist to be a bail bondsman or recovery agent.

That is the appeal for many people. Bail is a cash business, no inventory to worry about. Usually pretty simple to get a license, if you don't have a major criminal background. And more importantly a ready supply of potential clients.

Over the years, I have met some really dumb bail agents in the sense of general knowledge. But they were good at filling out an app and posting the bond. Thats is all they knew how to do.

On the other hand, I have met some very smart people. Not college educated but self taught, very inquisitive and eager to learn every aspect of the business.

And able to think!

Those are the ones that will succeed long term.

Post Posted: Mon 10 Dec 2012 05:26 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Experience: 5 - 7 years
Thanks for this post................... I agree with your opinion related to bail enforcement.

Post Posted: Mon 10 Dec 2012 22:59 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4150
Experience: < 3 years
I'll be stealing this for the office.

Bail License #40313820

Post Posted: Tue 12 Feb 2013 17:59 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Experience: 3 - 5 years
Thanks for the post Tony. Sounds like I'm a perfect candidate for that position. Ohhhh... :idea: You wanted me to read between the lines. I was almost going to follow suit with Ken and hang it on my office wall. However, hanging it on my mom's basement wall just doesn't have the same ring to it. 8)

NSIN# LSH1002

Leo's Bail Bonds
ATU Monitoring & Recovery Service
Lansing, MI
(989) 721-6236
(517) 676-1021

Post Posted: Tue 12 Feb 2013 19:32 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
Agenovia, Absolutely love that...Thanks!!

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion