Michigan expandable baton laws • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Michigan expandable baton laws
 Post Posted: Sat 24 Oct 2009 08:32 

I have been doing some research on the laws regarding expandable batons in MI but I have yet found anything creditable. So I ask the experts; can I carry a expandable baton in the state of MI.

Johnny.

Post subject: Re: Michigan expandable baton laws
 Post Posted: Mon 26 Oct 2009 06:22 

Well I have yet to find any official information on this subject so I have decided to email the MI state police. I will write back when I hear something.

Johnny

Post Posted: Mon 26 Oct 2009 12:43 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 7 - 10 years
PRIVATE SECURITY BUSINESS AND SECURITY ALARM ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 330 of 1968

338.1069 Uniform and insignia; shoulder identification patches or emblems; badge or shield; deadly weapons; tactical baton.

Sec. 19.

(1) The particular type of uniform and insignia worn by a licensee or his or her employees must be approved by the department and shall not deceive or confuse the public or be identical with that of a law enforcement officer of the federal government, state, or a political subdivision of the state in the community of the license holder. Shoulder identification patches shall be worn on all uniform jackets, coats, and shirts and shall include the name of the licensee or agency. Shoulder identification patches or emblems shall not be less than 3 inches by 5 inches in size.

(2) A badge or shield shall not be worn or carried by a security alarm system agent, private security police officer, or employee, or licensee of a security alarm system contractor, private security police organization, or private security guard agency, unless approved by the director of the department.

(3) A person who is not employed as a security guard shall not display a badge or shield or wear a uniform of a security guard. A person who violates this subsection is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for not more than 93 days or a fine of not more than $500.00, or both.

(4) A person licensed as a security alarm system contractor, security alarm system agent, or a private security guard or agency is not authorized to carry a deadly weapon unless he or she is licensed to do so in accordance with the laws of this state.

(5) A licensee may authorize his or her employees to carry any commercially available tactical baton.

Post Posted: Wed 12 Jan 2011 01:21 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

Experience: < 3 years
For me it is allowed to carry an expandable baton as long as you have the permit to carry.

Post Posted: Wed 12 Jan 2011 06:26 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2087
Experience: More than 10 years
Bruno,

Welcome to the Forum.

Please go to the "Introduction" section and post a proper intro with a complete signature line.

Additionally, we do not allow anyone to post links to other sites OR advertise on this Forum. Please remove the link ASAP.

J.G. Marshall
MARSHALL FUGITIVE SERVICE
Lic. # 2008-392

Its the Irish in my mind that keeps me sane,
and the Irish in my heart that keeps me strong.

Post Posted: Wed 12 Jan 2011 16:34 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
Nice to see that some are actually perusing the Forum and bringing to the front OLD threads. 8)

-

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Wed 12 Jan 2011 17:35 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3077
Experience: 5 - 7 years
LuVonda,I always peruse(5 dollar word!!) the older threads but I think the main reason for that is I read slow and also need to re read things alot as well just to make sure I understand it completely!! lol I dont post in them due to them being older.

Cell:(931)551-5020

Post Posted: Tue 12 Jun 2012 21:10 

In Michigan, a sword is not prohibited by any description vague or specific or by name.

Post Posted: Thu 13 Dec 2012 17:36 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

Experience: None
One of the biggest reasons companies hire security is to protect their assets and to deter shoplifting. I'm sure you've seen security guards at the supermarket, or at a local retail store such as Target.
Harvey Locksmiths

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion