A Brief Survey.... • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: A Brief Survey....
 Post Posted: Wed 07 Nov 2012 22:26 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4150
Experience: < 3 years
So, as I sit here. I have 3 cold cases on my desk. (Well to be honest, 2 considering one has an expired warrant.) These are the only cases I have and my prospects of having any new cases come in is slim to none. Not because I'm a terrible agent. But the market here is pretty "locked down". I cannot count how many bondsman have told me "not interested". Gets a bit disheartening after awhile.

So I twiddle my thumbs and ponder the mysteries of life. Then suddenly a question poppes in my head.

What do you guys do...when there's nothing to do?

Bail License #40313820

Post subject: Re: A Brief Survey....
 Post Posted: Thu 08 Nov 2012 06:09 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3828
Experience: More than 10 years
Well, I and many folks here have said .. for people trying to get into the Bail world.. "DONT GIVE UP YOUR DAY JOB" ...

Well if there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO ! Then I go to Happy Hour ! :mrgreen: all kidding aside ... (although I do go to happy hour alot :mrgreen: )

As for me and others here, Bail is not our first income.. Bail is no way by far, a steady income.. you have awesome weeks .. and then dry weeks.. it all depends where you operate.. as for me in Miami .. if you like to do pickups.. there are probably 20 - 60 skips a month easy here.. (maybe even more ?) ... but to be honest here in Miami .. I make more money writing bonds than doing pickups and in way less time.. and I am alot safer when writing bonds and not risking my life to arrest a bad guy (although pick-ups are a necessary evil to clear liability) and wasting my money on gas and wasting my time on stake outs with these pick ups, although like I said, I do arrest some now and then when the need arises but DO NOT GO OUT OF MY WAY to offer my services to do Pick-Ups (It is a last resort).

When nothing is happening here in Miami for me .. (which is very rare) ... I wait until the first of the Month .. go online and check my bank statement and see my Police Pension Check was deposited into my bank account and then if I want .. I go watch TV.. if I didnt do a bond or do any other job for the rest of my life... all my bills are covered with my supplemental income from the PD. Bail is just gravy on my potatoes... I also work as a Private Investigator when Bail is slow with Law Firms doing skip traces for their people they need to serve court papers on.. this is done from my home, car, phone...whenever the law firms call me needing to find someone...

But this week, to give you an example of a decent week here with just my personal bail bond clients..(not including writing bonds for the offices I write with) .. 2 X $20,000 Bonds(Past Tuesday).... Today (Thursday) a possible $13,500 Bond (Waiting until his Bond hearing at 9am.. Bond can go up / down / or stay the same.. time will tell on this one.. this mornings deft is a mess with the Crim Just. Sys.) .. so $2000 so far in my pocket since Tuesday and today another possible $675 before I even got out of bed today I hope!.. Thankfully, I am blessed to have my pension and work in Bail that has alot of arrests in the areas I service - Miami..and Broward, and Palm Beach Counties and occasionally Monroe (Keys).

I really Hope things pick up for ya ! Holidays are approaching and I know the feeling when $ is tight. We all have been there at one time or another. I would only offer you some advice = If Bail is slow.. maybe pickup a part time security gig ? become a PI ? ..Supplemental Income NEVER Hurts, and this way you can always know that you will have a guaranteed payday weekly or bi-weekly to help with income.

Best of Luck to You !

NABBI Member

"Surprise Sex is the Best Thing to Wake up to, UNLESS, You are in Jail... "

Post Posted: Thu 08 Nov 2012 09:48 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Marry a rich women, or at least one with a good paying job.

Go fishing.

Go Hunting, if in season.

Work on the "Honey Do" projects.

Really, what Jeff said, use the resources you already have to provide services to attorneys, real estate agents, people filing small claims, etc.

But also take so time to rest.

Post Posted: Thu 08 Nov 2012 09:58 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
M. R. S. : (Scott M.) Multiple Revenue Streams- use your skill set for process serving, property evictions, civil investigations, workmen's compensations cases, rental company thefts (cars, furniture, machinery, heavy equipment, etc.). Sky is the limit. All up to you.

You may even try working some of the Crimestopper cold cases. You locate the criminal, call it in, you get paid. Never sit still....you go broke that way.

Post Posted: Thu 08 Nov 2012 13:21 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
Counting stars to pass time, sheep to help go to sleep, fetching a can of beer for exercise and driving to the supermarket for an excursion. :lol:

In all seriousness, a day job to sustain a family or personal, financial balance in this seemingly weak economy and not giving up in the bail enforcement field.

BailSpeak Alumni
N.A.B.B.I member

Post Posted: Thu 08 Nov 2012 18:11 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Get in my truck or car (depending on where I intend to go) , sometimes with my wife, sometimes with my son, sometimes with my dogs, sometimes with my crossbow, sometimes with my guns (although I always have at least one at all times), sometimes with a friend of mine, sometimes with my ATV, sometimes with a combination of the above.... then... depending on what and who is in the truck or the car, I go to either Richmond, the woods, the lake, the gun shops.... or sometimes just sit in front of the computers and doodle...

... or I may watch one of the many shows I record during the week... SOA, Justified, NCIS, NCIS LA, Hawaii FiveO, Revolution, or one of the thousand or so movies I have on DVD... or I play with my HO trains or work on a layout for same... or sometimes if I am really bored... I may just take a nap............... usually every day around 2 or 3pm...

I don't have a job... I just write bonds if someone calls or go look for someone if the PI phone rings or if someone skips I just go looking... but I am never, totally without something to do.... worst case scenario... Gail will tell me to go clean out the garage or the attic... or cook something....

"Now, get off you arse and take the garbage to the dump"............... :roll: :roll: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: cut the grass, rake the leaves, prune the trees or hedges or if you have one..... go ride your Harley... (I sold mine but there may be another down the road...... 8) :roll: .........)

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Thu 08 Nov 2012 18:25 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3671
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Your TV tastes run similar to my own, Bill. SOA is the best show on television. Chicago Fire is a good new one, too.

Ca. Bail Agent Lic#1845795
Owner/Operator, Thomas Duprey Bail Bonds
Owner/Operator, Orange County Bounty
(714) 727-4689

Post Posted: Mon 12 Nov 2012 20:54 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4013
When in times of famine, I work on business improvement projects, marketing, and advertising. Never give up.

Los Angeles, California
(323) 786-FIND

"Approach is Everything."

Post Posted: Fri 16 Nov 2012 09:39 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
I really need to clean up and straighten up my room..... I have been working on that... and the garage for .... uh... let's see................ I think I began that project in........... uh............. 1984.... or was it '74.... when Gail and I got married (for the second time... to each other... true) I had to agree to finish a doll house I started in 1978... it is in the garage on a table... and about 85% complete... now that is a project to work on in my .... off time....

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion