Anyone no anything about U.S. Recovery Bureau (USRB), • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Anyone no anything about U.S. Recovery Bureau (USRB),
 Post Posted: Thu 13 Jan 2005 04:07 

info would be great, has anyone atended the school

Post subject: USRB
 Post Posted: Thu 13 Jan 2005 08:48 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4006
Experience: More than 10 years
I have received some calls from people who attended their class who were interested in becoming part of the BECPA network, many of these people were from NY and they all told me that USRB advised them that they would be certified and could work in NY after attending their class.
Unfortunately I bursted a few Bubbles when I advised them that in order to work in NY you must Be licensed as a BEA - NY Requirements are 3 years of Law Enforcement or Bail Enforcement Experience, 25 hour NY approved training, no
disqualifying convictions and $500,000 insurance policy. Or you must be a licensed PI - NY Requirements are 5 years Law Enforcement Investigator or PI assistant experience, pass state exam, no disqualifying convictions and $50,000 insurance Policy.
Another person previously posted on this forum that USRB told them they were exempt from the NY requirements because they worked with USRB and theyre an out of state company. This is not true, there is no exemption for out of state companies, they must be licensed by the NY Dept. State and meet the same requirements as in state companies.
I suggest you verify everything your told with the State where you wish to work, otherwise you risk getting arrested. In NY you should contact the New York State Dept. of State.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 13 Jan 2005 09:23 

thanks thats waht they had told me on the phone that i would be able to do work in 50 states

Post Posted: Thu 13 Jan 2005 09:40 

Sal, you may want to view my thread Bail Agent-NYC License.
Chuck and others were kind enough to give me advise concerning problems my fellow classmates had. After printing out the posts, I took it back to USRB. They insisted that I didn't need a license. I'm avoiding NYC until I can devote more time to getting my license, just to be safe. My advice to you, if you have a day job keep it until things work out. If I got screwed, I still have my full-time job to make a living.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 13 Jan 2005 09:45 

Well i have class on Jan 21,22,23 anything else i should look out for what about the rest of the states they say

Post Posted: Thu 13 Jan 2005 10:22 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

If they are telling you that taking their class entitles you to work in all 50 States then there is a serious problem, maybe one that their States Attorney Generals Office and the Federal Trade Commission should be made aware of.
It's not possible, for one Recovery work is not permitted in some states, some States like Indiana have a residency requirement some others like New York mandate that you meet their requirements and obtain a license from them regardless of what State you or your company are based out of.
Think about what their saying and you will see how absurd it is. If working for or with an out of state company would exempt you from the licensing requirements of other States than we would all pay $250 or so to incorporate in Alaska so we could work in the lower 48 States and not worry about things like Licensing. Does this make sense to you ? I believe what your telling us, but I don't understand how USRB expects to get away with this, I feel sorry for the poor sap who by some miracle gets work and then gets arrested for working in a State like NY without a license. It happened to two BEA's licensed in CT a few months ago.
I hope this helps, my advice is VERIFY everything your told with the state you plan to work in, below is a copy of the laws on BEA's in NY.

NYS Department of State Licensing Services

Bail Enforcement Agents (a/k/a Bounty Hunters): General Information
Effective April 1, 2001, Article 7 was amended to include a new licensing category: Bail Enforcement Agent (BEA) a/k/a Bounty Hunter.

A BEA is defined as an individual or entity who (for a fee) apprehends individuals who have failed to appear on bond or bail and surrenders them to the appropriate jail or to court.

Employer
Any NON-private investigator business entity that wishes to engage in bail enforcement MUST be licensed as a BEA and comply with the licensing requirements, training (25 hours), and background checks.

PIs
This amendment does NOT have any impact on private investigators (PIs). PIs (whether new to the field or existing) AND their employees can continue engaging in bail enforcement WITHOUT further licensing requirements or training.

Business Practice Requirements
The BEA business and its employees must comply with virtually all the business practice requirements currently in place for PIs and WGPs. Additionally, BEAs must notify local police before attempting to apprehend a fugitive. The form of such notification is to be determined by the local law enforcement agency. Local law enforcement officials may accompany the bail enforcement agent to the site of the intended apprehension. BEAs cannot wear clothes or carry a badge suggesting they are an agent of the state or federal government.

Licensing Requirements

Qualifier:

Experience - Three years' experience as a police officer; an investigator in an agency of the state, county, or federal government; or an employee of a licensed private investigator or at a firm, partnership, company, or corporation where one member has been performing the duties described in the definition of bail enforcement agent; OR twenty years' experience as a police officer or fire marshal
Education - Completion of a training program not less than 25 hours as approved by the Secretary of State (Training may be waived when the person has served as police officer for not less than three years.)

Freedom from Disqualifying Criminal Convictions - Fingerprints and $75 fingerprint fee (payable to DCJS) must be submitted with application for criminal history verification with DCJS. (This requisite also applies to officers, partners, or principles, as relevant.)

Other:

Bond - Surety bond in the sum of $500,000
Application Fee
The fee for each two-year term of licensure is $400 for an individual proprietary license and $500 for a corporate or business license.

BEA Employee Requirements

All staff: BEA entity must maintain in its files an Employee Statement for each of its staff and submit a fingerprint card and $75 fingerprint fee (payable to DCJS) to the Department of State.

Staff actually engaged in the apprehension and return of a fugitive: BEA entity must maintain in its files an Employee Statement for each of its staff and submit a fingerprint card and $75 fingerprint fee (payable to DCJS) to the Department of State. Additionally, it must complete 25-hour training.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 13 Jan 2005 10:34 

WEll they did say that i have an option to buy there badge and ID for $250 every two years or i can register for my own badge # I thing i will call theam and ask why they said i would be able to work in 50 states I did read a post on (USRB) that they also had been told that u cant work in all 50 states but USRB says that u can since it would be undewr there name

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 13 Jan 2005 14:11 
in memoriam

I've been around for nearly 21 years and I've never even heard of those people. One thing for sure, you won't work in NH without meeting the requirements under RSA 597:7 and I don't care if the Pope said it was alright.

Where in Hades do people like that come from? There seems to be so many of them, too.

“What is sought is found... what is overlooked escapes” (Oedipus Rex)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 13 Jan 2005 15:44 

I have E-mailed theam about 2 time each and there is three 4 people there and not one has answer back I also ask a ? about on there forum and still no answer maybe one of u guy should leave a post over there
-Sal

Post subject: Sal
 Post Posted: Thu 13 Jan 2005 21:55 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Since this matter concerns you maybe you should be the one to leave a post over there.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion