sheep dogs, sheep and wolves--profile of america • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: sheep dogs, sheep and wolves--profile of america
 Post Posted: Wed 26 Jan 2011 15:09 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
I can go from pomeranian to sheepdog in 2 seconds!

Post Posted: Wed 26 Jan 2011 15:25 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
I am one of only a very few Egg Muffins in these parts, that can put a double tap in a pack of cigs at 10 steps.... but then I have actually never been attacked by a pack of cigs... :mrgreen:

I did stop a watermelon from hurting me once...

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Wed 26 Jan 2011 19:58 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
I am a Scottish Terrior, loyal, fearless, smaller then my prey, with a heart as big as all outdoors. I protect me and mine and will take a bullet for those in danger, but I will not go away from confrontation alone, I promise you. I fear no man as I put on the full armor of God every day and claim the victory in His name.

Do not confuse this with boastful talk, I am in fear before every apprehension.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Wed 26 Jan 2011 20:09 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Quote:
I am in fear before every apprehension.

Yep . . . and should we ever lose that ~ We risk it all

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Wed 26 Jan 2011 20:47 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

If the stomach doesn't gurgle, palms sweat a little or hair stand up a bit, its time to retire.

On June 28 of last year I was in a fight with a 24 y/o homeless guy in front of my office. He had been spitting on our office windows for weeks and I finally caught him.

Well to cut to the fight after about a minute of trying to hit me after I landed a few blows, he pulled out 6" long knife.

After that I remember being calm and focused. ON THE KNIFE!

He tried several times to stab and slash me. I was able to get into the office and grab a bat. Then he wasn't able to get close enough to do anything.

After about a minute of me wacking his knife hand and leg with the bat, he rushed straight at me. I dropped the bat grab the knife hand first then his other hand as we both went to the ground.

At that point I placed one knee against his chest so he couldn't bite me again, spread both of his hands out to the side and just laid there until 4 RPD units rolled up.

He is still in jail, will probably be 5150ed, so they may cancel the court case, for now.

The point is, at first I was a little nervous. Then very focused. Then afterwords when the paramedics checked me out, they insisted that I went to the ER.

Even though I didn't feel it, my BP was 3 times normal. Plus I had scratches and bruises that needed to be looked at.

Post Posted: Thu 27 Jan 2011 06:13 
in memoriam

Tony, you did good and your feelings and reactions were right on. I am almost 67 y/o and I can number my actual physical fights on one hand. I have been lucky. I have had only 3 physical confrontations in the past 15 or so years and I will not go into them just now. I also was extremely shook up... but mostly afterward. I took a soft style of martial arts for almost 15 years but as most of us know, karate is basically aerobics and good cardio with a bit of self defense thrown in... not to down play martial arts in general but if you go up against a real 'street' fighter all bets are off. I was very fortunate in my situations and came out not injured and able to walk away. I am of the opinion that if a fight lasts more than 10 seconds... you better have on a good pair of tennis shoes... cause I will head the other way... if I put a move on someone and they are still standing and are not in cuffs... on the ground... well, I just hope Scott or you are next to me.... cause I am outa here... 8)

The moves that got me through that little tussle actually worked and after the fact, I was rather surprised that I was able to act without thinking... that really got my attention. I guess if you practice something enough, it begins to enter your subconscious and you start to react without it being a conscious act... that is what saved me in that scenario.

I think that is what happened in your situation. You were able to react even though you were under extreme duress. I pride myself in being able to "defuse" a situation with talk... I suppose I have shown a certain talent for the word. It has gotten me out of some pretty dire situations, but sometimes you have no choice or chance to talk and in those scenarios... you better be able to become the "sheepdog" or the "terrier" or whatever you call it that stops the threat.

Again, this article really boils it down to the basics and you will be one of those three. The choice is ours.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Thu 27 Jan 2011 10:14 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1208
Luvonda wrote:
"" and . . . Hadley . . . smiles ""

YES HE IS !!! ...

Ph. (201) 538 - 2947
Fax (201) 342 - 5405

Post subject: Sheep Dog all the way!!
 Post Posted: Fri 07 Sep 2012 08:42 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 3 - 5 years
If anybody wants a excellent read in their spare time I would strongly suggest Grossman's other book, "On Combat".. it focuses in the same great depth on the psychological and physiological effects of combat and basically any other high stress critical incidents like what tsuggs experienced. My academy RTO was a current swat operator for a handful of years with SO and recommended all in my class at the very least read On Combat but to look into On Killing as well to cover all the bases for what one could encounter wanting to go into law enforcement related fields...

Its very enlightening and definitely leaves a lasting impression on your mind to say the least..

Post Posted: Thu 26 Nov 2015 21:18 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Here is another related blog that I just read.

http://blackmanwithagun.com/col-jeff-co ... olor-codes

Post Posted: Sun 01 Sep 2019 06:15 
in memoriam

Quoted from the past...

"The plan works fine till the first shot is fired"....

... and Mike Tyson said... "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth".....

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion