a few questions • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: a few questions
 Post Posted: Sat 14 May 2005 11:44 

How old do you really have to be to take part in the BEA field?
I have read that you only need to be 18, but most places say they will only take you if your 21. Is that due to they carry firearms?

Bail Enforcement Agent / Fugitive Recovery Agent
Same profession? Different Profession? I read on another post the proper term so that no one gets confused is a BEA. (its obvious calling yourself special agent or acting as a govt offical is plain right dumb and could get you in more trouble)

BEA/FRA schools
Are there actually schools to certify you to be a true BEA/FRA? I didnt know if it was possible due to some states requiring your must be state certified. I was thinking of going to US Recovery in new jersey seeing that you only have to be 18 (and im 19). Good move? Bad Move?

(refering back to another post)
I was told something about Police Explorers... As far as I know there is only 1 township I live around that sponsers Police Explorer unit and they are mostly younger people involved and when I talked to someone about it they said that they come in groups (like boyscouts or something) to get involved. Are there more programs like that elsewhere? For different types of LEOs?

I have tried to get into security in plenty of places around me, but they all want experence. How can I get experence if no one will accept me?

:shock: :oops: :evil: so confused...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 14 May 2005 18:16 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4006
Experience: More than 10 years
My opinion, search this Forum for posts about US Recovery Bureau before you decide if you want to go there, buy some books about Bail Enforcement at www.uenforcebail.com and www.bondforfeitures.com and read everything you can, when you turn 21 look for a mentor and seek introductory training at NABEA or NIBE.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 14 May 2005 19:19 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
Soull01,
Might i be so bold as to ask you if you finished school, Its hard to belive you can't get into a security position on the ground floor as an unarmed officer. What BECPA posted in his post was very good advise you would be well advised to get all the info you can on schools as some are not what they claim to be.

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post subject: How Interesting
 Post Posted: Sun 15 May 2005 07:15 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
For the record, I do not operate or endorse any private BE school as I have never attended a single one.

It's interesting that this topic evolved into schools.

I was killing some time on the Net a day or so ago when I happened upon a FAQ page.

I found some of the claims interesting, but the most notable point of interest was the underlying premise.

I got the distinct impression that the author of the page relied heavily on a 'everyone else is so deficient and that is why you should come here' argument.

Personally, I would like to see what exactly a private BE school offers its students versus a put down of other shools or organization notwithstanding the veracity of the comments.

In my opinion, any school that relies on 'put-downs' as a marketing device should, at the very least, reevaluate what message it is trying to project or otherwise convey to the extent that persons swayed by such school-yard antics may or may not be in the best interests of the trade.

As always, this is just my opinion, and it is also my opinion that Mr. Martz and Mr. Jordan's opinions should be valued since their record has always been one of truthful and precisely on point responses. Like the aforementioned gentlemen, it is my goal to get the very best information out there in the best interests of the trade for the long term.

Rex

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 15 May 2005 10:07 

Like Rex I also didn’t take any BE schools, not to say I wouldn’t mind taking an advance course some day to learn more! But this is my only 4th year in this line of work. The best thing to do is research Bail Bonds and Bail Enforcement. First check out your local laws on Bail Recovery (Bounty Hunting). And most of all learn from the guys here at Fugitiverecovery.com! (That’s what I’m doing!) :wink:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 17 May 2005 12:02 

BECPA - I understand, I have read things and I get mixed opinions which im not going to get into which is why I just was wondering if possible anyone has gone there who can actually give me a answer if it is good training or not. I see that it seems I will have to be 21 to enter the field. That is all fine though, just gives me more time to read up on it, and ask more questions here. I have a book that was already given to me on cd, and I have been reading up on it.

DMARTZ - Of course I have finished school, actually a technical school working on motorcycles at that (didnt give me what I was looking for, figures the school just implemented a police,fire,emt class now to)
When I applied at places like target, or burlington coat factory, or bestbuy for entry level security they always said they wanted people with experence...

Rex - Always with the knowledge! I understand what you mean, thanks again for the help, always good information!

I just found a security job called Securitas I had a interview today. Supposed to get a call back from HR on monday, so I will be keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks again for the help everyone. Always guiding a mislead soul back to the path!

joe

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 17 May 2005 12:23 

Good luck to you Soull01! That’s a good Security company.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 17 May 2005 12:28 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
Joe,
I do alot of the employment screenings for Securitas in Northeastern Indiana.Maybe i can help you with them, that was one of the reasons i ask if you finished school. Securitas is a major player in the Security Patrol and Guard business. Great company to work for a little on the low pay scale at first in the security end but fast advancement with good pay increase. also have a good benifits program for employees. Major store chains want expriencenced people as it is a high tech job now with surveillance equipment also you have investigations on internal affairs, you also take care of the credit card and charge issues. Its not just shop lifters anymore. I have one of our employees at one of the target stores undercover as we speak looking into some internal theft but this is a sub-contracted job.

Regards,

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 18 May 2005 08:00 

Thanks I will need the luck.

I applied at the Securitas in Morrisville, Pa not sure if you do screening for them, I would figure it to be in the North East, so if you could help me out I would really appreciate it. All I would like to do is get into the LEO field. Like everyone has said before, need to crawl before you walk, start in security. The people there said I should get a call back monday when the human resources person comes in.

Quote:
also you have investigations on internal affairs, you also take care of the credit card and charge issues. Its not just shop lifters anymore

investigations on internal affairs - like the target store issue? investigating someone/people who work there stealing things?

creditcard issues - what would you have to do with that? is it like collections? I worked for a agency/law office before. Did a little skip tracing and collecting, would that help?

Thanks!

Joe

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion