My thoughts on an association • PUBLIC SECTION • Archives • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: My thoughts on an association
 Post Posted: Thu 07 Jul 2011 11:49 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
Do we really want to wait until next year to bring this together or can we organize via technology so we can get things going and then next year at the meeting re-confirm or change what needs to be changed? I'm just concerned over exactly what you said Tony, losing my job!!! :wink:

Post Posted: Thu 07 Jul 2011 12:30 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
I don't know how we would get the bylaws and ethics out to everyone to vote on. Then hold an election of the executive board by the internet.

We would need to some how verify everyone, the potential members, voters and candidates.

To qualify as a non profit corp, we actually have to hold an organizational meeting, with names of those present, minutes, etc.

Now I am open to trying to schedule that meeting for this year, if others are so inclined to do also.

Post Posted: Thu 07 Jul 2011 16:15 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2792
Experience: 3 - 5 years
To me that would be kind of hard to do, NOT that it can't be done, With only 5 months left in this year,I sorta missed out on Vegas due to a starting a new job, and funding but I will be down at the 2nd annual crab smash where hopefully get caught up, I'm not as well educated as some of you, I'm more of a hands on, common sense type person, who is more than willing to put forth the effort to get the association up and running
Bob

CELL 724-664-5669
fax# 724-545-1459
IN THE HORIZON OR AROUND THE CORNER WE ARE THE TRAILS-END

Post Posted: Thu 07 Jul 2011 20:10 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
While I am new to this forum, I am not new to this business. I agree with you Bill. Maybe I'm missing something here but why would Bondsman be excluded? Could someone please explain this to me.

I can see many reasons to include Bondsman but none to exlude them.

Thank you in advance for your explanation.

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post Posted: Thu 07 Jul 2011 20:21 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3077
Experience: 5 - 7 years
I seen that as well Bill but I believe Madi was only refering to that particular group and NOT the association.I also believe the idea to not include bail agents that ONLY write bail for the time being,at least untill the by-laws were written.
I posted there as well and stated that bail agents that only write bail should definately be involved but without the by-laws we do not no what to go by.
Again though,I am under the impression that what Madi was asking only pertained to that particular group on Facebook and not the association in general.I could be wrong but that is what I got from it.

Cell:(931)551-5020

Post Posted: Fri 08 Jul 2011 00:46 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
As I posted on FB, Jay you are exactly correct. If I post something that is not clear, feel free to ask me about it! I will be sure to clarify. :wink: I was merely questioning if everyone preferred to narrow the focus as someone else had stated while we are in developement. I was asking for opinions on it and would go with the opinion of majority.

Post Posted: Fri 08 Jul 2011 08:38 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
I am like Bill, in that I am a lic professional BBA Here in Arkansas we are that and nothing more. Please read the Statute posted in faqs and you will see just who can and who cannot do recovery here. What can and what you cannot call yourself. So I would be excluded as well.

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Fri 08 Jul 2011 15:27 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

And there is the reason that one must pass muster with The Group . . . Thx ! Speezie !
and as we once told someone . . . we OLD ones will be here keeping on keeping on when others are just a memory. The NABBI is a great idea . . . i hope that enough people have matured enough to now make it happen. Too many times egos get in the way and to simply accept anyone is not a good idea. One MUST pass muster or it will all be for naught.

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

Post Posted: Sat 09 Jul 2011 15:36 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 92
Thank you Bill for restoring the post. Wow!! Two pages of deleted posts. I only wish I could have read them.:-) I still believe that the future of these discussions will either have to be continued in emails or an off site location. There is way too much home field advantage on this forum. I only have one thing more about "passing muster." Being an old army man I am familiar with this term. It had to do with a commander inspecting his troops and declaring them all fit and presentable. I can tell you that this is highly subjective and depending on who is doing the inspection, we might all pass or fail on any given day.

Knoxville, TN
800-689-5031

Post Posted: Sat 09 Jul 2011 17:36 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

made this a "sticky' in order to keep at top of forum . . . I apologize for not having done so earlier

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Archives