Need advice on comms • PUBLIC SECTION • Archives • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 01 Nov 2005 13:51 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Experience: More than 10 years
Most of my guys are on T-mobil, so we can chat for free to each other. We all have ear pieces and extended mics, so they are suitable for covert ops.

Where I live we have excellent cell reception for this particular provider so coverage isn't an issue.

However, in the southern parts of Florida, like Alligator Alley, I had zero service; Certain parts of Ms. I had zero service, so they are not 100% reliable.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 04 Nov 2005 13:06 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3224
Experience: 7 - 10 years
Mindtracker wrote:
Most of my guys are on T-mobil, so we can chat for free to each other. We all have ear pieces and extended mics, so they are suitable for covert ops.

Where I live we have excellent cell reception for this particular provider so coverage isn't an issue.

However, in the southern parts of Florida, like Alligator Alley, I had zero service; Certain parts of Ms. I had zero service, so they are not 100% reliable.

Get your guys to get the Newer Nextel's with the new off Network Direct Connect works Like a 2 way radio within 3 Mile radious

Ive had no Problems In Building Apts and Basements using the I760

Hope this helps

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASApp/o ... neSKU=I760

Direct Talk(SM)
The all-digital off-network walkie-talkie that works anywhere, anytime between compatible phones within a range of up to 6 miles (range will vary based on terrain and conditions). Direct Talk(SM) provides reliable back-up communications tool in times of emergency, network outage, or when traveling to remote areas not under Nextel coverage such as hiking, cruise vacations or inside buildings. Click here to learn more about this service.

Post subject: Nextel i760
 Post Posted: Sat 05 Nov 2005 17:47 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

jmh, I have a nextel 540, and sometimes in other states, I get no signal. Does that offline direct connect feature work even if you don't have a signal? If so, then that would be great! TIA

Mike

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 06 Nov 2005 14:51 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3224
Experience: 7 - 10 years
Yes recently was in NJ this week, had no coverage with my Nextel kept saying No Service but the off Network Direct Connect was still Able to stay in touch with the Team

Basicly all the OFF PTT is it makes your Nextel phones Into a Walkie Talkie with other Off PTT Nextel Phones within 3 miles they say, But I wouldn't push it over 2 miles

Try it out, if it don't work for you

Then I sugest Investing in some Police radios off of ebay ur looking at any where from 300 to 2 grand an Piece for really good one's

Good Luck

bigpond73 wrote:
jmh, I have a nextel 540, and sometimes in other states, I get no signal. Does that offline direct connect feature work even if you don't have a signal? If so, then that would be great! TIA

Mike.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 06 Nov 2005 19:47 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

NC_PI wrote:
I have the i530, was the i540 dicontinued?

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASApp/o ... gionAction

My bad, I have the i530. That sounds like what I was looking for though. Thanks for the info.

Mike

Post subject: comm equip
 Post Posted: Mon 07 Nov 2005 06:09 
in memoriam

We use the verizon version of direct connect-nextel coverage poor in mass nh me and vt we also use vhf band walkie talkies(motorola sp50 with hidden mic and earpiece with hidden push to talk switch in palm or kenwood tr360 walkie talkie with same set up all are 5 watt units and we also have 100 watt units in most of our vehicles -again i have an fcc business license range for walkie to walkie approx 3 miles depending on terrain moble to moblic approx 25 mile depending on terrain-all my agents are equipped with walkies

we tried vox set ups but are unreliable at times snd sometimes in high noise areas are very bad--I like the vhf units for tac work no noise no dials no waiting no network problems--feel free to contact me with any questions about radio nets or comm anytime

Post subject: motorola
 Post Posted: Wed 09 Nov 2005 16:58 

nextel i530 works off-network within a five mile radius. for a straight 2 way radio you cant beat the cp100/cp150 motorolas. for around $130 or $190 with mic you can get up to 10 mile radius without a repeater. we use cp200 for the last two years with no problem. also apply to FCC for your own frequency for additional security.

communication is one of the most important team tools.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Archives