Why wouldn't you join the NABBI? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • NABBI Info • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Why wouldn't you join the NABBI?
 Post Posted: Tue 22 May 2012 18:08 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
Everyone should understand one important thing up front, NABBI is not owned, operated or othewise controlled by FRN. Period!

Many of the attendees in St Louis are frequent posters on FRN and to be honest the majority of the board members are frequent FRN posters.

That is it.

Now, that is because, despite the frank and very often no BS advice that is given on this forum, the experienced members here are the hardest working, most knowledgable and believe it or not, the most friendliest bail professionals I have met in my short 12 years in this business.

There are a couple of other web forums, but I have not seen one yet that can compete with the FRN members.

Does that mean only FRN members can join NABBI. Heck no!.

I have talked with several recovery agents, who do not post here at all, that are going to join NABBI.

We also have major surety sponsorships for our Fall Conference in Philly. For surety companies to put their money into a brand new association like NABBI, they must agree with our goals and believe in our mission.

If you have not go to nabbi.org and read the Mission Statement and Code of Ethics. That will tell you who, what and why we are.

Finally, as to why to join or not to join. What can NABBI do for me? Is it worth the $100 membership cost?

Well, if all you do is join and do not participate in any of the trainings or conferences, then I will take your money anyway. But you will be short changing yourself big time.

If you don't join, again you will be the one missing out, not NABBI.

Everytime I attended a PBUS conference, CBAA and of course the 2 NABBI events, I had learned something new, met a new contact or talked with a service or product provider that benefited my business.

Even as much as it pained me to pay over $500 registration fees to attend the PBUS winter conference and watch the dog and pony show, I still profitted by meeting agents from Tennessee, Maryland and Texas.

Guess what, if I need help in those areas or just info, I can get it with just a single phone call.

The training and education NABBI will provide at its conferences will benefit new agents or seasoned citizens like yourself.

I will make a prediction. In the very short near future, NABBI members that have been vetted and "trained" through our conferences will be the most sought after agents in the country.

Not only for skip chasing, but by local and state governments, courts to provide expert testamony, talk shows and news media.

Will that increase your bottom line, I can't guarantee that. But if you and others join and get over what ever personal issues you may have, dedicate yourself to being a PROFESSIONAL, then yes, you will be very successful.

The choice is yours.

Post Posted: Tue 22 May 2012 19:16 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Tony well said. Bill I agree with your comment about wanting a mentor. I think Bill and I came up in this business the same way. I am self taught and had no mentor. Boy could I have used one! Success came but over time. Our processes were constantly self critiqued, improved on, corrected or changed altogether and that is the process that guides my presentations. The constant drive to be the best, all before we even had Internet access or databases. I used to be laughed at by police because they pulled up on me going through trash bags at 1am in Bank drive up windows. I heard the ridicule and more than once that no fugitive pays well enough to dig through trash for.

Do people catch hell on here? Sure they do. Is it proper for them to be vetted so harshly? No it is not. Some people just push buttons and draw that type of attention. some are legitimate noob's and some quite frankly demand to be spoon fed. I personally get frustrated, like Bill is now, when new guys refuse to either accept or acknowledge the advice of seasoned professionals. I don't care if people follow my advice or not, but I will clue you in on something: I make a good living in all related revenue streams of this business. I don't want som hard head doing something stupid because he belive's that he is entitled or empowered to do so, andwhen he gets busted, he becomes the poster child of how the bail industry was put out of business. That is correct, my reasons are purely selfish and to protect my income, and I don't want anyone messing my deal up.

Join NABBI or don't, you will either benefit from the association or lose your clients to somebody else who saw the intrinsic value and improved themselves and shared their knowledge with others to their mutual benefit. Thi is not a hard sell, it is common sense.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Last edited by Mdbtyhtr on Tue 22 May 2012 19:20, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue 22 May 2012 19:18 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
I haven't posted on this thread and frankly, I think all that have posted have said plenty and I don't think I can elevate the thought further.

I did not know or join FRN until 2005 and then for some reason my membership disappeared and I rejoined in 2007... I had been in the business since '99 so I pretty much did it alone and with no mentor or advice or help for the first 6 years.... and I can tell you.......... it was not easy.... I stumbled and fell much.... of course I still do now, even with the help of the members here and others that I have hooked up with over the years.

Networking and association are the main reasons I stick around here and joined NABBI and the reason I feel all in this business need to do the same.... it will only do for you what you allow it to do.... it won't necessarily open doors but it will certainly tell people that you work with and for... that you are dedicated enough to associate yourself with other professionals and in that light.... it is worthwhile...

I say all the time that I am only a small time bondsman... not even a licensed recovery agent... not a PI... or a process server.... I am an old retired trucker who happened to get involved in this business... that is all... but I try to maintain a reputation and an association with some 'big guns' in the industry and maintain a reputation as an honest bondsman that will work with anyone in an upright manner... I will never be a big producer.... I'll never make the papers or be on TV but I still believe associating with professionals and belonging to an organization like NABBI can do nothing but improve your overall standing in your community and even in that light I might add that if a person only joins an organization looking for "what can it do for me" attitude... you probably wouldn't like it there anyway.... save your money.

that's about all I can say about this...........

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Wed 23 May 2012 06:47 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1208
Its NOT what NABBI can do for you...
It's what YOU can do for NABBI.

Hows that for originality. .... :mrgreen:

Ph. (201) 538 - 2947
Fax (201) 342 - 5405

Post Posted: Mon 04 Jun 2012 08:12 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 757
Well Folks,

I sent in my NABBI membership fees in last week I believe, so that is out of the way. Done check it off my long list.

NSIN# SF0105
LIC. #704058

Post Posted: Mon 04 Jun 2012 08:50 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
I check the PO Box everyday. I will make weekly updates regarding membership starting this week as I suspect we should start receiving more in the mail.

Post Posted: Mon 04 Jun 2012 10:54 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 92
Then I guess I'll be seeing my good friend, Steve Faircloth, in Philly? :D

Knoxville, TN
800-689-5031

Post Posted: Mon 04 Jun 2012 12:05 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
Well, I have to let you know that my application and dues are in an evelope on my desk!!!! I thought I had taken care of that but after reading Steve's post I realized I had not mailed it. Good news is, my wife wants to join so she will be filling out her application and mailing her dues as well. She will be applying to be an associate member, just in case anybody wants to know.

Seems I'm forgetfull as all heck these days, but it worked out well.

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post Posted: Mon 04 Jun 2012 12:12 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Can we get an accurate count on signed and paid members?... I thought I was in and had paid through PayPal... I got a confirmation but have seen no official membership list.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Mon 04 Jun 2012 13:27 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1
Oh no let's not start that up again! LOL

I'll check the google doc that Scott & I were maintaining to make certain that it is up-to-date!

US Bail Bond Directory
Private Investigator Database

Please post questions in the "Comments or Suggestions" Forum
PM is only for private requests or comments

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion » NABBI Info