BAIL AGENTS FOUND NOT GUILTY IN ATLANTA COUNTY • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: BAIL AGENTS FOUND NOT GUILTY IN ATLANTA COUNTY
 Post Posted: Thu 23 Mar 2006 10:35 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

Agent were brought up on charges of Aggrivated assault, kidnapping and a slu of other charges when they were led to a club in Atlanta County while looking for a Fugitive from a well known Bonding Agency. Agents asked the subject fitting the profile and photo of the Fugitive when the subject truck an Agent then attempted to run. Once the Recvovery Team apprehended the subject they transported him to Atlanta County Police station(less than 5 miles away) for identification purposes, a department clerk or desk clerk informed the subject that he should bring the Recovery team up on charges because they were not sworn police officers. Nevertheless, The courts terminated all charges against the Recovery team and found no wrong doing.

J. Clark
BRPENFORCEMENT
FEARED BY SOME KNOWN BY ALL

Phila., Pa. 19124
Ops: 215-535-5708
Fax: 215-535-5803

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 23 Mar 2006 11:24 

Someone should slap that clerk, We still have arrest rights 8)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 23 Mar 2006 11:39 

thats why the judge threw it out :D

and yes that "clerk" needs to go back to school becuase its evident they dont know thier job.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 23 Mar 2006 15:46 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

A formal complaint could probably be filed with the city/county against that particular clerk for giving erroneous legal advice and causing the hardship and costs to the fugitive recovery team.

"Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath."
- Kingdom of Heaven

Post subject: arrest
 Post Posted: Sat 25 Mar 2006 21:38 
in memoriam

many states have false arrest laws on their books-this seems to meet the criteria for that situation-sue the dept for false arrest and i think that that clerk will be history very quick and the pd will remember the law for many years to come

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 27 Mar 2006 10:45 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Experience: More than 10 years
I say let it lie....That team still has to work with that Agency, Jail, sheriff, etc. Trust me, the lesson has been learned. You don't want to make a bad situation worse by adding salt to injury. Chalk it up to experience and try to salvage a professional working relationship with the area agencies and LEO's.

Otherwise, you will create a rift between thier jobs and ours and declare open season on our industry. Believe me, if the cops want to play dirty, we all know the games and none of us want that.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 27 Mar 2006 11:12 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Amen Ruffin, I have had something very similar happen but, was not arrested just threatened with arrest. I now have a very good relationship with this agency because I never made it personal or stuck it in their face.

Post subject: PDS
 Post Posted: Tue 28 Mar 2006 05:19 
in memoriam

RUFFIN AND BOB MAKE SENSE ABOUT NOT GETTING INTO A PISSING CONTEST-BUT MANY TIMES UNLESS YOU GIVE MANY OF THESE DEPTS A GOOD SPANKING THEY WILL CONTINUE TO TRY TO WALK ALL OVER YOU BECAUSE THEY HAVE LITTLE OR NO FEAR OF YOU-IF YOU SHOW THESE PDS THAT YOU TOO HAVE TEETH AND CLAWS AND WILL NOT JUST ROLL OVER AND TAKE IT THEY DO NOT SEEM TO GET THE POINT--AGAIN JUST MY OPINION AND ROTTWIELER ATTITUDE SHOWING--REMEMBER MANY OF THSES PD'S WILL HURT YOU IN A SECOND SO WE NEED TO HIT BACK SOMETIMES

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 28 Mar 2006 10:27 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

While my personal opinion in this matter is leaning towards Hadley's the fact is it is a risk either way. One just has to decided what one is willing to do as well as the possible consequences (positive and negative) of either action or inaction.

"Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath."
- Kingdom of Heaven

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage