Why Is Dog the Bounty Hunter in Texas? • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: Why Is Dog the Bounty Hunter in Texas?
 Post Posted: Fri 15 Jan 2016 05:21 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4078
Experience: 3 - 5 years
SURETYRISKMANAGEMENT wrote:
http://m.click2houston.com/news/why-is-dog-the-bounty-hunter-in-texas/31838636" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Howdy Jason!
I'd guess he is in Texas by the same logic he went hunting in Mexico, and you know what a great idea that was!!!

Mel

DORA PI10000052

Athame Investigations,
division of Colorado Bounty Hunter LLC
Aurora, Colorado
303-343-7111 Office
303-319-1077 Cell
303-366-3189 Fax

Available for Fugitive Recovery, Process Service, Investigation and Legal Courier Service.

Post Posted: Sat 16 Jan 2016 13:19 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4013
Experience: More than 10 years
Hey Mel! The more that I see and hear the more that I am reminded that not everything that we see and hear is as though it is initially perceived...

Los Angeles, California
(323) 786-FIND

"Approach is Everything."

Post Posted: Sun 17 Jan 2016 11:16 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Next month his wife will be running for president of the PBUS. Already they have been traveling around the country on what I think is a campaign tour to gather votes.

They have been to California meeting with the board of the CBAA. I suspect they will also travel to other state associations doing the same.

So, you may hear about them in your local area sometime soon. If she is elected prez, you can count on it.

Now, in my opinion, that will be bad for the profession. Many others think having celebrities will be good PR.

I think you should have leaders that can lead by example, not by celebrity status. Again many disagree.

We have all heard comments that bail agents are no better than the criminals that they get out of jail. Their actions on some of their shows, proved that point for everyone to see.

Now we expect them to "save the bail bond" industry? That is what they stated was the reason for them cancelling their show on CMT.

When in reality, the ratings were just horrible. Very few people watched the show, so it was probably going to be cancelled anyway.

Anyway, my last rant about them.

If the bail bond business does go away, I have other things in the works that will keep me busy and will be much more rewarding and enjoyable.

Or I can do like Bill Marx and have a pool put in, hire a pool girl, lay around drinking funny named drinks and go hunting up at the hideout!
:D

Post Posted: Sun 17 Jan 2016 15:27 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4006
So she is running on the platform of saving the bail bond industry. I would like to know what her plan is, and aside from her TV show, what makes her more qualified than her opponents, what exactly does she bring to the table. Some of the behavior she has exhibited on TV has been obnoxious and her team has been the subject of lawsuits. Perhaps she can explain how she intends to conduct herself if she were elected to a leadership position representing the interests of the industry to law makers and regulators. I already know she is very much against recovery agents carrying a firearm and I don't think it's her place to speak for the recovery side of the industry on that topic. The position of the NAFRA is that it should remain the individual choice of each recovery agent whether or not they carry a lawful weapon and we don't presume to know or attempt to dictate what's best for every recovery agent in every area of operation.

Post Posted: Mon 18 Jan 2016 08:53 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Chuck,

We all know the reason why they are against carrying firearms. doggie can't as being a convicted felon. So if he can't they don't want anyone else to.

They even illegally carried tear gas weapons in California when they did a couple shows here several years ago.

Look, her ego is so large that 4 years ago, she was going to run for president of PBUS having not ever even been on the board of directors. Luckily some others "convinced" her to run for the number 2 spot.

Now that she has "board experience" she wants to be number 1.

They have been very disruptive at several PBUS and even at the California bail agents conferences. I expect it to continue if they don't get their way.

In general, most people place celebrity over substance anytime. In California we, not me personally, voted in a movie star that was just as bad as any liberal we ever had.

He signed several firearm banning bills and ran the state into further debt. But he was a celebrity and that was all that mattered.

The Terminator signed into law the requirement that all new semi auto pistols must have shell casing micro stamping technology. Now the law has not gone into effect yet but when it does, it will essentially ban all new semi auto pistols for sale in CA.

It just goes to show how being a celebrity doesn't necessarily mean you now what the hell you are doing.

Post Posted: Mon 18 Jan 2016 13:51 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4006
I agree, celebrity seems to win out over substance far too often. Unfortunately, the Bonding side of the industry is Married to the Recovery side of the industry. So what PBUS leadership says and does can have a direct effect on legislation and regulations that impact recovery agents.

Last year there was a lot of media attention after a skip who was a well known country singer was shot and killed by a recovery agent in TN. Mrs. Chapman went on a tangent about how recovery agents shouldn't carry firearms and the media gobbled it up. I was left to try to do damage control for the industry with the media, I tried to be the voice of reason explaining that the recovery agent had first been shot by the skip and he was by all reports just doing his job and absent any unknown factors he had the right to defend himself, and why not let law enforcement, the DA and if need be the courts review the facts and decide whether it was a justified shooting before attacking the recovery agent and industry as a whole.

Mrs. Chapman seemed eager to throw a recovery agent under the bus without waiting for an investigation. I foresee quite a rift between PBUS and the NAFRA should Mrs. Chapman be elected president of PBUS because we don't work that way.

Post Posted: Mon 18 Jan 2016 15:51 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I had considered "rejoining" PBUS, paying the $300 just to be able to go the day of the voting to vote against her but, I have medical appointments that week that I just can't miss.

One big problem I have with the voting rules at PBUS is, you can join PBUS the day of the vote and still be allowed to vote in that election.

So, in her first election 4 years ago, they stacked the vote by bringing in people whom have never attended a PBUS event before, were not prior members and they, from what I was told, paid for their memberships so they could just vote for her.

I expect the same will happen again this time.

For those that may be attending, I would whole hardily endorse Dennis Sew as president and ask that you vote for him.

Post Posted: Sun 24 Jan 2016 09:22 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
What Chapman and his lovely wife do is not open for debate...

They play to a completely different set of rules and as I have said for the last 16 years I have been in this wonderful business...

"The rule of thumb is............ there is no rule of thumb"

and what I have seen, at least in my state of Virginia... is... "every jurisdiction plays by a different set of rules and regulations"

I have actually sat in a courtroom and heard the judge... be it General District or Circuit... say to his co-workers... "well, I'm not going to make my clerks follow that rule"...

... and he/she was talking about the written Code of Virginia... which as I obviously, mistakenly thought... was not open to interpretation.... but here again... I was wrong.

Fact of the matter is......... a sitting judge can do anything he wants in his courtroom and apparently that is also true relating to the Codes, Regulations, Laws of every state in this great Union...

"Just because it is written in stone, does not mean it is enforceable"

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Mon 25 Jan 2016 20:46 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
I am no longer a member of PBUS, and I have spoken at their conventions before, as Tony can attest to. So I don't have a dog in that fight. I can say that I have known Dennis Sew for over 20 years, and he is an excellent recovery guy from Baltimore with a college degree no less, I believe from Towson University. I would venture that supporting Mr. Sew as president will have much more positive effect on the organization than any alternative.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage