Wearing a badge • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Wearing a badge
 Post Posted: Sat 31 Dec 2005 07:35 

What are the standard regulations for wearing a fugitive recovery badge? Is one limited to only wearing it when working? Or can one wear one any time they see fit, so as long as they are not using it to be abusive towards power? I know there can be a state to state difference, I'm just curious about if one can wear one all he time, meaning like, even if you are out shopping for instance?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 31 Dec 2005 09:17 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

You need to find a mentor to work with that is the best advice anyone can give you. Here in Arkansas you can't wear a badge at anytime, even as a P.I. I can't wear one for any type of work.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 31 Dec 2005 11:14 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4006
Experience: More than 10 years
Why would anyone with the least bit of common sense wear a FRA badge when not actually working a case ?

That is exactly the type of thing that hurts the image of this trade, the fact that you would even ask that question makes you sound like your not ready to be in this profession.

Take Bob's advice and find a mentor before you end up in trouble, there are a few so called "schools" that tell unknowing people all kinds of crap such as that they have all kinds of authority as an FRA, the staff from one school in NJ was even telling people he was permitted to carry his gun on a plane using his FRA credentials, the fact is you only have contractual authority over a specific defendant or defendants, other than that you have no authority whatsoever, you are the "Agent" of a surety, if you have no cases or are not in the process of working a case then you are no ones agent and therefore should not be wearing FRA badges or gear.

There are a few clowns in my area that have never had any recovery work but run around wearing FRA gear and implying that they are law enforcement, I have already warned them once and if I catch them in the act again I'm going to arrest them.

Post subject: hey
 Post Posted: Sat 31 Dec 2005 14:37 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Can you really arrest them if you see them wearing a badge? Just wondering.

Adam Groff
NSIN# AG0305

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 31 Dec 2005 15:31 

arrest them that abusive power aint it. in illinois you can wear a badge anytime you like.

Post subject: hey
 Post Posted: Sat 31 Dec 2005 16:16 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

i believe so. i'm almost sure BEA doesnt have the right to arrest someone wearing a badge even if they are wearing one illegally.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 31 Dec 2005 16:31 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 7 - 10 years
WHY WHY would you want to wear badge to have it on and bring that kind att to your self come on down to chattanooga Tn or down around Atl with one on and see how fast you go to JAIL..................

Post subject: BADGES
 Post Posted: Sat 31 Dec 2005 16:34 
in memoriam

A BEA HAS NO POWER OF ARREST EXCEPT FOR BAIL JUMPERS WHEN ASSIGNED BY A BONDSMEN PERIOD---CHUCK IS A CONSTABLE IN PA AND HAS FULL PEACE OFFICER STATUS AND CAN ARREST ON ANY VIOLATION OF PA STATUTE

MANY STATES HAVE DIFFERENT BADGE LAWS KNOW THEM WHEN WORKING THOSE STATES OR GO TO JAIL- PERIOD

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 31 Dec 2005 17:32 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4006
Experience: More than 10 years
Hadley is correct, I am a State Constable here in PA and as a sworn LEO / peace officer I can arrest by warrant or on view for crimes committed in my presence.

If I arrest these guys it won't be because their wearing a badge, it will be because they are trying to make people think they are Law Enforcement, here in PA if you are not Law Enforcement and you lead a reasonable person to believe that you are then it's considered impersonation.

Those that have been on this forum for a while know that I am NOT anti - BEA, in fact I "moonlight" as a BEA in NY & OH and have a company that provides Fugitive Recovery Services.

When out of town BEA's come to my area I'm always open to helping them out if I can, however the guys in question do not have any Fugitive Recovery Cases, they simply run around wearing FRA gear supposedly looking fugitives they see on the web that no bondsman hired them to find, they go into resturaunts and insist on getting LEO discounts and that's only the half of it, long story short is that they are pissing off the local and State PD's and are going to make it harder for legitimate BEA's to operate here if they continue, therefore if the opportunity presents itself I will put a stop to their illegal activity.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion