BAIL BONDSMAN SENTENCED TO 25 YEARS TO LIFE • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 12 Sep 2005 18:50 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

Come on guys you act like bail bonds men are saints and the profession of bounty hunters should be raised to some level of grand respect. You make a living on other peoples misery. How fulfilling can it be. Your not saving humanity by arresting these guys and then the bondsman getting them back out. Its a money game always has been always will be!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 12 Sep 2005 19:11 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: More than 10 years
As a bail bond company owner, I have been thanked many, many times by people who didn't have 10, 20 or 50K laying around on the weekend to get out of jail.

I've worked with many people who have been turned down by other bail bond companies to make something happen whenever possible; moreover, I have been thanked many, many times for taking action that saved other bail bond companies from very literally going under on a huge bond.

It is very easy to end up in jail, and not everyone who lands in jail is guilty or running around with loose bail money in a shoe box. Jail can be a very scary place for people with no experience of such things. Our justice system, for the most part, allows bail for most offenses for a good reason.

Does any of this suggest sainthood? Probably not, but perhaps taking a step back and seeing a larger picture is worth considering.

Rex

Last edited by rex on Mon 12 Sep 2005 19:14, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 12 Sep 2005 19:13 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Big Diesel,

For some it is, in fact it is those same people who become corrupt in all professions. There are very few professions that do not live off the misery or needs of others. By it's very nature life is parasitic, requiring something(s) from others in order to survive or find fulfillment.

Medical Fields: Need you to be sick and suffering.

Lawyers: Need you to either be going to jail or have suffered some type of legal wrong.

Cops: Need criminals who make others suffer.

FEMA: Needs disasters and people suffering to even be neccessary.

Retail: Needs people to be lacking in things so that they buy them.

Counselors/psychiatrist/psycologists: Needs people who are either suffering some type of emotional / mental trauma

Massage therapist: Need you to be in some type of pain.

I could go on and on.

Distilled to it's simplest forms ALL professions are a "money game"... and then there are those who choose to assign a "higher" motivation to their actions or chosen professions.

In light of the very nature of the 'Professions of Humanity' I think that trained and professional "bounty hunters" should be resepcted and needs to become as respected an industry as any I have listed (and those I have not) in order to survive.

"Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath."
- Kingdom of Heaven

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 12 Sep 2005 19:16 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Well said, Don.

Rex

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 12 Sep 2005 20:41 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Big Diesel I would like to ask you some basic questions since you seem to be on here just to inflame some kind of response from forum members just to do so.

!. How come you have no e-mail address listed?

2. Why do you not sign out with your name and address like most and phone number also?

3. What type of industry are you in? You are not a BEA that is obvious or are you? in a previous post you said" I mean if we are trying to protect our business". One second you want to protect the business then you bash them as less than, by saying "Come on guys you act like bail bonds men are saints and the profession of bounty hunters should be raised to some level of grand respect". I think you need to decide which side of the arguement you should be on since both of these quotes are from the same topic. Confusing....... or just trying to flame everyone into a reaction?

4. Why are you on this forum?

5. What are you trying to gain by flaming posts? Calling people and profession like they are less than professional. Blanket statements do not help anyone.

6. Is their something that anyone of us could help you with? Other than reacting to your insults?

7. Are you here just to start trouble? or are you here to offer some sort of insight that none of us seem to understand?

These questions are meant as serious in trying to determine if you are here to offer something or whether or not we should all ask admin to have you deleted.

Post subject: bea
 Post Posted: Tue 13 Sep 2005 01:14 
in memoriam

BD as said by people before(by bea much better at writing than I)life is hard we all have our demons some deal with them better than others--we as bondsmen and or bea deal with demons our clients creat ie as a bea I find and arrest people that skipped out on a bail bond--the reason why does not matter in the least--guilt or innocense does not matter the plain fact is that they skipped out on bail--they did not have the stones to stand up and fight if they were innocent or they did not have the stones to accept their punishment if guilty--most of us accept the fact this is a frightning situation for many people and we do feel sorry for many of our skips--I do not jump up and down and howl at the moon when we make the arrest but it is my job--at times i feel elation when a tough case is ended on a positive note ie when we found and had arrested a skip that ran over a cop and caused his early retirement and handicap-I admit to great joy at that capture but the joy was the end of a year and one half chase across the USA--as far as the perp goes i believe they should use him for bayonet practice or even a human target frame(i have a personal reason to hate this type of crime)

next case motivation--here we go again--yes we are not cops and there are a few people that do this job for the power trip-most of these people do not last-this thing we do is not tv - at times its boring uncomfortable and very dangerous at times you risk your freedom your lifestyle and your life on this calling and i do believe this is a calling!!!!!!!!yes I do hunt fugitives for money -would i do this for free definitly not .would I have been a cop for 16 years for free -again definitly not-cops and beas work for a living we just get paid in different style both with money--yes I get the warm fuzzies when i get a child molester or rapist or drug dealer of our streets--same feeling i got when i wore a cops shield--do I enjoy walking out of restuarents with my wife after waiting for a table for 45 minutes because some scumbag i arrested was seated next to us and i did not want to creat a scene- again a big no-do i enjoy walking around with 3lbs of steel on my left hip again no--did i enjoy killing six people in toe to toe gunfights(as a cop)i live with thier faces and memories every day but in the same situation i would do it again in a heartbeat---I am not a good writer nor do I want to bore people with this touchy feely stuff but i could go on and on--until you spend some time with real beas not wannabees or bad copies of du-du until you sit in court and hear what some piece of s-it did to a beautiful 14 year old child and than have the mother thank you for finding this rapist maybe than you will get it-maybe when bullets go whizzing by you and you feel like crawling under the biggest rock you can find and you are so scared you guts are in your mouth and all you can think about is your wife and kid but you still do the job thats what this is about--I am not a cop anymore because of injury but i am a BEA and DAMN PROUD OF IT--all the pros here know what i am saying we might argue we might even get heated at times but i would be proud to call many of these people friend and i would back up these nuts we call pro bea anytime

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 13 Sep 2005 09:28 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
Well said, everyone.

I have been called a saint a few times by the people I bond and their families. Does it give me a big head? NO. Most everyone I bond gives big thanks. I get lots of hugs, too. They are grateful to get out of jail and appreciate that someone is willing to take a chance on them. Yes, it does give me a warm-fuzzy. I enjoy helping people and that's what I'm doing. I'm not getting rich and doubt I ever will. If I didn't enjoy what I do, I'd go back to corporate accounting and making twice what I make now.

Before I started writing bonds, I worked with hubby all the time in BE. Many told us they were glad we had gotten them because they didn't have to look over their shoulders anymore. Hubby was out last week and had a guy come up and shake his hand, thanking him for arresting him and forcing him to take care of the problem. This doesn't happen very often, but it does occassionally.

I personally know several bondsmen and BEA who are in just for the money. They consider everyone they bond or chase to be scum and make no bones about it. You won't find them hanging around in here, though, because unless they're making money off of you, they have no use for you. Then again, I know many people like that in all professions.

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post subject: Re: BAIL BONDSMAN SENTENCED TO 25 YEARS TO LIFE
 Post Posted: Fri 14 Oct 2016 09:05 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Experience: 3 - 5 years
In my travels of past posts,, seeing as how new posts are hard to come by anymore :wink: ,, I found this one to be interesting and thought I would provide an update. Lot of information to take in on this thread.

UPDATE.......
July 19, 2006
I wanted everyone to know that my appeal was successful, and after 13 months of incarceration, I am home. After consulting with my NEW criminal attorney, and a lot of prayer, I felt it was in my best interest to not chance the second trial, which I was assured the State Attorney would settle for nothing less than LIFE, I took the negotiated plea offer, I will face the Judge for sentencing on August 2nd.
Meanwhile, the FUGITIVE I shot got a withheld adjudication of guilt on 5 drug charges, was never charged with the FTA, and was arrested for failing his urine test (cocaine) and twice for child support since my sentencing. HE is not, nor ever has done ONE day of prison time, only 18 months collectively in the County Jail. He has at least 46 arrests, 15 convictions, and was sentenced for his latest charges to 2 years Drug Offender Probation, instead of the 15 years in prison he SHOULD have received.
My case is now the case law in Florida. I plan on doing my best to try to straighten this mess out through proper channels, and any and all support is greatly needed. The
Fl. Statute that SHOULD have protected me, and all of us is F.S. 776.07(1). "A Law Enforcement officer or OTHER PERSON who has an arrested person in his or her custody IS JUSTIFIED in the use of ANY FORCE to prevent the escape of the arrested person from custody."
The SA in Putnam County decided that the term "other person" does not apply to Bail Agents. This is wrong, but his cards were better than mine, so I folded so I can move with my life. My plans to go to law scool, so that NO ONE will EVER have to have the endure the trauma and frustration of shoddy legal representation.
Just remember that when doing a fugitive recovery, you are NOT covered by the laws as they are currently written, even if you think you are. Please e-mail me at Freewrldman@yahoo.com, and I will respond.

Thanks,
Danny Buchanan

NSIN# LSH1002

Leo's Bail Bonds
ATU Monitoring & Recovery Service
Lansing, MI
(989) 721-6236
(517) 676-1021

Post Posted: Fri 14 Oct 2016 17:57 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
There is a LOT of good stuff here . . . some of these folks are no longer here with us, but everything written by them is still very valid, sometimes testy and sometimes downright funny

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Sun 16 Oct 2016 10:04 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
While I agree with the majority of the posts in this thread, I find interesting facets is how many of these learned people are no longer with us.

God rest their souls.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion