Preferred way to contact • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Preferred way to contact
 Post Posted: Tue 10 Oct 2017 14:59 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4970
Experience: < 3 years
Greetings Bondsman!

Things in our neck of the woods have been kind of slow lately. I wanted the Opinion of Bail Bondsman on your preferred way to be solicited by Bounty Hunters for work.

We utilize: Mail, Social media and telephone and in-person visits. We want feedback on the most efficient way to market our services without being annoying (we all hate telemarketers).

As a Bondsman, what is your preference?

Thank you all in advance. Our goal is to provide prompt and professional service to all of our Clients and potential clients.

Fieldinvestigator221@gmail.com
661-316-0036

Post subject: Re: Preferred way to contact
 Post Posted: Wed 11 Oct 2017 19:43 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
Most of the bondsmen I know have their favorite recovery agents already in place.

Not to say we won't entertain new blood but most of the true professionals that I know personally are extremely wary of new recovery agents...

As you are probably aware, there are always a few newbies in this business who try to do it the "easy way"... and often times do not have all the "legal" stuff needed to operate within the confines of the law.

As you should also be aware, bondsmen are the bottom line if anything goes south during a recovery and to that end... most bondsmen who have been in business more than a year or so will be very slow to hire anyone that has no... or limited history in the business.

Referrals mean a lot... referrals from old school bondsmen... those that have been in business for a while and know their stuff.

Face to face always works better than any other way... I like to see who is doing my recoveries... and that is hard to do since I do not have a physical office... my phone and my vehicle is my office.... so I would have to meet anyone that is looking to hook up with my business.

Pretty simple.... face to face and have some solid referrals and a verifiable history in the business and be able to verify your licenses in whatever state you are operating in...

Hope this helps.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Thu 12 Oct 2017 08:15 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4970
Experience: < 3 years
Thank you for the advice!

We have been in business approaching three years now. Whenever possible, we always try to introduce ourselves in person. We are located pretty much out in the middle of nowhere, so we send out introductory letters with business cards via US Mail and also introductions on Social Media platforms.

We pride ourselves on operating liability free and strictly within the scope of the Law. My Guys and I all meet California's certification requirements (PC 1299). I agree with you that most Bondsman have their own "go-to" Team in place, especially in larger Cities and it's hard to "break-in" to an area when nobody out there knows your name.

Fieldinvestigator221@gmail.com
661-316-0036

Post Posted: Sat 14 Oct 2017 18:38 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
Trevor,

Google "Scott McClean Bounty Hunter". He has several articles on this subject.

One of the articles is called Building a rep Or something to that affect... Very informative.

Bill Marx' comments and advice to you are solid. Can't go wrong taking his advice.

Good luck

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post Posted: Mon 16 Oct 2017 11:29 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Both Bills gave great advice.

I would only add that when in an area doing a recovery, stop in at the local bail office and leave some info about yourself.

Also, just my opinion, don't come in dressed all "tacted" out. That is a turn off for me. If you come in and I can't guess who or what you are by just looking at you, then it shows you know how to blend in.

Others think it is ok to show how you dress for work and are ready at a moments notice. Again just my opinion.

Finally, as you know in CA, the State is looking to outlaw surety bail. I think it is just a matter of time before there will be no or very little bail written. I give it 2 to 5 years max and we will all be out of business.

The surety companies and state associations are fighting back and think they can win but when you have a one party rule and they see criminals as victims too, I think we are or already lost the war.

All of this is just my opinion based on what knowledge I have or think I have on the subject.

If I were you, I would have a plan "B" ready as fugitive recovery may not be around much longer in CA.

Post Posted: Mon 16 Oct 2017 22:27 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3828
Here in FLORIDA - Bounty Hunting is a 3RD Degree Felony. One must be a FLORIDA STATE LICENSED SURETY AGENT to apprehend skips that are out on bond with the same insurance company you are appointed with..

Only other way to grab a skip in FLORIDA is if you are from out of state and are the actual Bondsman that Wrote the Bond with your signature on the Appearance Bond & Power, and you will then be allowed to apprehend the skip.

NABBI Member

"Surprise Sex is the Best Thing to Wake up to, UNLESS, You are in Jail... "

Post Posted: Tue 17 Oct 2017 14:57 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Also, just my opinion, don't come in dressed all "tacted" out. That is a turnoff for me. If you come in and I can't guess who or what you are by just looking at you, then it shows you know how to blend in.

Google "Scott McClean Bounty Hunter". He has several articles on this subject.

Good advice from seasoned veterans in this business.

If you can hook up with members of this business that have been around for 10 or more years... you will find that they are the real deal................. except for me............. I just stay around to make people laugh and tell dumb stories on occasion.... but the three that commented here are giving you excellent advice...

Tony Suggs out of Calilfornia
Bill Williams out of North Carolina
Scott MacLean out of Maryland and Virginia
Jeff P. (NYPD Blue) out of Florida

... and I live in a tree house in southside Virginia... ;-)

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Fri 17 Nov 2017 14:49 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Try to orchestrate your bail surrenders at the peak bail writing times. When you are surrendering your defendant in front of bondsman writing bail, they will ask who you are. Be the "silent salesman" and let your work product speak for itself. They can see how you present yourself as well as the defendant. If you look unassuming, and the defendant is surrendered without injury, they will see more than you can say.

There is a ton of information on this site, shared by some of the best recovery people in the business, and from some no longer with us, but their wisdom lives on here. We all have the capacity to teach as well as learn on here. I am proud to say that I have learned from all of those previously mentioned, as well as used their services without reservation, to our mutual success.

Best of luck,

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion