Carring a weapon while recovering a fugitive • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Carring a weapon while recovering a fugitive
 Post Posted: Sun 28 Dec 2014 15:29 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
I'm curious if a BH would fall under the CCW laws or are their different laws that allow a Bail Agent to carry a weapon? Thank You!

Post subject: Re: Carring a weapon while recovering a fugitive
 Post Posted: Sun 28 Dec 2014 17:43 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
That's easy. Does your state issue weapons permits for bondsmen? Does your state put restrictions of CCW permits?

Also, not all bail agents are bounty hunters or vice versa. So they may be treated differently.

Didn't we go through this about 4 years ago?

Post Posted: Mon 29 Dec 2014 08:43 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3828
In Florida .. There are NO BOUNTY HUNTERS ..it is a Felony 3rd Degree to be a Bounty Hunter in FL.

In Florida .. Surety Agents / Bail Bondsman .. Fall under their CCW although the STATE OF FL doesnt say You Can or Can Not Carry.. or in FLORIDA I would be safer with my FL Private Investigators "C" License along with FL State "G" License ..if things went south .. I would say to be best covered you should have your "C" & "G" in Florida only because you are "Investigating / Skip Tracing ..working as an investigator tracking down leads to your subject.." but this is only my opinion.

NABBI Member

"Surprise Sex is the Best Thing to Wake up to, UNLESS, You are in Jail... "

Post Posted: Mon 29 Dec 2014 10:58 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
I have a CHGL in order to carry at all times, however when "on the job" (doing a recovery) I can open carry as I am considered an "extension of Law Enforcement" per an Attorney General Opinion issued in 1987 by the Honorable ;) Bill Clinton

ACT 746 which became 'law' in 2013 clarified carry of a weapon . . . Many assume that it means 'open carry' but that is yet to be 'clarified' by an Attorney General Opinion . . . which has been sent twice to Dustin and he has waffled. Hopefully our new AG with step up to the plate and clarify . . . right now LE is pulled . . . it does mean that if one can carry legally (not a felon, or convicted of DB) then one has the Constitutional Right to carry. Does not clarify "open" carry . . . which many are wanting to believe that it does. The Legislator that proposed the Bill did not go that far . . . only went as far as "Constitutional Carry".

I would look at the Laws that pertain to carry of weapon in the State in which you reside and work . . . . and should you be traveling to another State, I would check their Laws before even going there . . . Best not to be a "Test Case"

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Mon 29 Dec 2014 14:47 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

So, it appears that Vez asked a similar question 4 years ago under "Showing thier gun." There were 10 pages of responses.

Not sure why he wants to go over it all again.

Post Posted: Mon 29 Dec 2014 17:40 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Quote:
I would look at the Laws that pertain to carry of weapon in the State in which you reside and work . . . . and should you be traveling to another State, I would check their Laws before even going there . . . Best not to be a "Test Case"

There ya go.......... bottom line, full answer.... end of discussion, nothing further needed...

Now... of course,.... if you want me to ... I can write 3 or 4 pages of BS... related to this topic... but alas... not needed... 8)

... besides, I'm tired and cold... sat in the rain today.... hunting... saw nothing... but... related to this topic... I was carrying a .45 Taurus sidearm... open... uh... I do have a license...

... I think... :?: :wink: :roll:... uh... I think I renewed it.... uh..... probably... :oops: :oops: :shock:

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Mon 29 Dec 2014 18:51 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Bill,

What season is it now? You just bagged a bear and I thought you already went through deer season. Is it Wild Turkey season now?

If so, I have a bottle of Wild Turkey in the cupboard. :idea:

Post Posted: Mon 29 Dec 2014 22:47 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
tsuggs wrote:
So, it appears that Vez asked a similar question 4 years ago under "Showing thier gun." There were 10 pages of responses.

Not sure why he wants to go over it all again.

After I signed off today and headed out I pondered on this one . . . I thought that it was Vez that asked the same question before . . . maybe he furgot :P

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Tue 06 Jan 2015 06:37 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4640
Experience: < 3 years
That's Funny!!! :D

tsuggs wrote:
Bill,

What season is it now? You just bagged a bear and I thought you already went through deer season. Is it Wild Turkey season now?

If so, I have a bottle of Wild Turkey in the cupboard. :idea:

Bail Bondsman
NPN: 17113240
Holmes Bail Bonding
Johnston County, NC
(919) 376.6661

Post Posted: Tue 06 Jan 2015 20:48 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Hunting season is now officially closed.... at least as far as I am concerned... animals that is... at least the ones on 4 legs... furry, horns, claws, teeth... I guess the other animals you guys hunt is always open season...

Anyway, stay safe and as for this thread... if you carry, do it legally in the state you are in.... really a "no brainer." I'm not even sure why anyone would question the legalities of carrying a weapon... got to be licensed and legal... and that about sums it up.

BTW... and this is my opinion as always.... I wouldn't carry open anywhere, legal or not... I do carry open during hunting season... at least a .45 or even a .44mag.... when I am in the woods but on the street or in public.... no way am I gonna strap a 'piece' on my side... I ain't a cowboy (even though I was born in Texas)... I do carry but you won't see it.

Open in public is not for me........... ever.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion