So... Do you REALLY want to lose weight????? • PUBLIC SECTION • Archives • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: So... Do you REALLY want to lose weight?????
 Post Posted: Thu 18 Jul 2013 18:11 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
NO... I AM NOT SELLING ANYTHING... NADA............

It is no big secret... if you do the following... which is what I am doing... you will absolutely lose weight... but before you begin....

You have to do one thing... and without it... nothing will work for you.... no diet... no special foods... nothing... including excersise... that alone will not work...

It took me over 20 years to go from 195lbs. to 350lbs.... it happened overnite... but 20 years went by fast...

... I tried, unsuccessfully for most of that time to stop the weight gain... but of course the one thing I did not do... which is what I am gonna tell ya... is the following... real simple...

YOU HAVE TO WRAP YOUR HEAD AROUND WHAT YOU ARE DOING... until you get it hammered into your brain, that you are gonna lose weight... you will not accomplish a damn thing... you will spin your wheels and you will blame everyone and everything for your failure... but the real culprit and the reason you are failing is that you DO NOT HAVE YOUR HEAD IN THE RIGHT PLACE... and that is the simple truth...

Once you have done that... this is what I did and it damn sure will work....

1. cut out all caffinated drinks... ALL... that means tea, coffee, soft drinks... ALL

2. cut out all surgar.... every bit... I use Truvia sweetner... now I mean no sugar in anything you put in your mouth... Sugar Free Creamer... SUGAR FREE EVERYTHING... you have to look at the labels but it will absolutely work

3. for the first 3 to 6 months, I did not have a single piece of bread or a single potatoe... NOT ONE... it can be done

4. the only fast food joint I go in is Subway and the only thing I ever get is a 6" Flat bread Veggie sub... that is it... and drink water with your meal there..

5. This is what I do eat:

a. chicken, beef, fish... grilled or baked or broiled... never fried..
b. dark green vegetables... broccolli, brussel sprouts... some cabbage... or other leafy vegetables, the kind you buy frozen and put in the microwave work fine... just look at the content and the nutritional stuff on the label
c. salads, but not store bought... make your own with Romain lettuce or spinich...
d. salad dressing are available that have little or not sugar... very low calorie and are very good... there are some Marzetti dressing and some Bolthouse dressings are great
e. you can add all sorts of spinkle on seasoning to enhance the taste... I put 'fake' spray butter and lemon and Bay seasoning on the fish... all sorts of calorie free stuff that you shake out of a can for meat and chicken..
f. I BBQ a lot of stuff.... here's a good one.... chicken parts... legs, wings, breasts.... on the grill... brush on fat free Italian dressing or even regular is ok since you are not putting a lot on it... only brushing it on...
g. strawberries, blackberries... fresh... spinkle a little Truvia on for sweetner...
h. I dropped milk, totally... went to Silk/Almond.... the no sweetner stuff... 30 calories in an 8 ounce glass... if you want it sweet... ad Truvia to it..
i. I also make milkshakes with the Silk/Almond alternative... put a banana in the blender with 16 ounces of the milk... and then put a scoop of a good brand of Protien shake mix... doesn't make any difference which type... just a good one. Very high protien stuff is what I use... the muscle builder stuff...
j. Protien is the secret if there is one... protien and very low carbohydrates... that is a must...
k. I also take the following vitamins, daily... B-1, B-12, B-6... these will help your metabolism... now I go to a clinic every Monday and weigh in and they give me a shot in the butt with those vitamins in it... but you can do almost the same with those pills... I just happent to do a weigh in about 2 or 3 times a month to keep on track...

Got to add one thing... DRINK WATER LIKE A MAN IN THE DESERT... AT LEAST 16 OUNCES AT EVERY MEAL AND PROBABLY CLOSE TO A GALLON A DAY.... THIS IS IMPORTANT...

One thing that helps me is... I went online and found a good quality scale that tells me more than just weight.... you don't have to spend a lot for this... the one I bought is Omron model HBF-516, full body sensor... monitor and scale... it reads... the following:

1. Weight
2. BMI... that is Body Mass Index
3. Body fat percentage
4. skeletal Muscle percentage
5. resting metabolism.... which is the caloric intake you need to maintain your present weight... which means you eat at least 1000 calories less than what it tells you...
6. body age... this is gonna get your attention... mine said I was 80!!!!!
7. visceral fat level... that is what is hanging off your ass and/or your belly flab

You enter your statistics... age, gender and it gives you the norms... then you go from there...

I make chicken salad with Tuvia sweetner... I eat those little ice cycles... orange or whatever... they have 15 calories each...

Some nuts (Almonds, Cashews, Pistachios) are ok and Peanut Butter is fine on Celery for snacks...

Get creative... you can do this...

I am 69 years old (in a few weeks... August 16)... and I have dropped from 350 to 296 since April 1....

I looked at that picture of me beside my jeep... (facebook) I think I was in my late 30's... and I looked damn good ... well, maybe not in you opinion but.... I was trim... in good shape and had the world by the tail... at 69 I am not afraid of dying... I just want to die trim and fit

My cholestoral went from 220 to 154 in 14 weeks and I stopped taking my Lipitor...

I want to get down to 225... that is all... it isn't totally easy and I do fall off the wagon frequently... but I am gonn do this..

I have been asked to give my little talk in Long Beach at the October Conference of the CBA and I am going and am really gonna try to drop another 40 or 50 by then... I may be old and I may not be as sexy as I once was but by God... I'm not gonna be fat anymore....

Hope this helps, but you have to get this in your head or it just won't work.. that is the only secret to losing weight.... and you can damn sure do it.... if I can, you can. :shock:

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post subject: Re: So... Do you REALLY want to lose weight?????
 Post Posted: Fri 19 Jul 2013 13:27 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
you get a BIG O AMEN from me ! and now you eat like ME !

now, if you find yourself DESIRING something "sweet"

I have found a new recipe to take care of the sweet tooth, but not mess up the meal plan.

3 medium RIPE bananas smashed
1/3 c unsweetened applesauce
1/4 c unsweetened almond milk
1/2 c raisins (black or white)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
2 c rolled oats (NOT minute oats)

mix wet ingredients well and then add oats. mix well and turn out into an 8 x 8 baking pan (that has been Pammed) spread out evenly and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. turn on onto a cooling rack and then slice and enjoy.

kinda turns out like oatmeal brownies . . . no sugar no fat no eggs no flour

AND instead of 'store bought NATURAL peanut butter" ( which has sugar in it) . . . try going to a Health food store or grinding your own from roasted UNsalted nuts add a little coconut oil . No sugar No salt . . . it takes a bit to get your palate adjusted to eating the "right" foods but once you do . . . the other 'stuff' will not taste nearly so good.

I use organic (not 'refined') coconut oil . . . awesome on veggies !

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Sat 20 Jul 2013 12:27 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
Bill,

You have changed the way we live at my house...Sandy read your post. Now I am am trying to print it out for her...We will no longer be eating sugar, never was much of a milk drinker but if we eat cereal it will now be the sugar substitute and the milk substitute you posted... Sandy ate a flat bread veggie sub and now I'll be doing the same....Looks like there will be big time eating habit changes here...I showed her your picture and she said and I quote " Bill looks 15 years younger" another quote "You can tell Bill he is my inspiration, because he is". All I'm hearing is Bill. When I answer she says "No, I'm talking about Bill Marx". You've met my wife and I really think her weight is fine but she doesn't. We are now on the Bill Marx weight loss plan!! I'll keep you posted on our progress.....My goal is to get to 195. I would post her goal but she would kill me....BTW, you know me and know I don't do much BS,ing, and I agree, you look at least 15 years younger....Was just told while typing this that "I'm going to the store and buy the truvia Bill mentioned...BTW, Sandy isn't much of a BS,er herself...Shoots straight pretty much always, which makes our relationship rather interesting. :shock: ... Now she's also going to find the scales you mentioned.

See ya later... I hope :?

Bill

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post Posted: Sat 20 Jul 2013 13:04 
in memoriam

Quote:
BTW, Sandy isn't much of a BS,er herself...Shoots straight pretty much always, which makes our relationship rather interesting.

... and that is exactly why she married you......... ole buddy....

I am gonna try and drop another 50 by the time I go back to CA in October... is is getting difficult but I will "Endeavor to Persevere" :roll: :shock: :mrgreen:

I think that was Truvia... I may be mispelling it.... it is in a green labeled pack...

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sat 20 Jul 2013 17:21 
in memoriam

This is not as bad as it looks.... especially if you substitute some kind of "fake" butter for the Land O' Lakes.... but then... it sure does taste good at 6am with a nice cup of decaf coffee... Truvia sweetner and Sugar Free Hazlenut creamer.... mmmmmmmmmmmmm goooodd... :shock: 8)

Just don't eat the whole loaf at one sitting, a small piece at breakfast is not too bad.... ya gotta have a little something to crank you up every once in a while.... and since I don't smoke, drink or chase women anymore,,,,,,,,, uh..... well, one out of three ain't too bad :mrgreen: .... BANANA NUT BREAD is da ticket.... :roll: :mrgreen:

This will make you hit the floor and role over on your back.... kick you feet in the air and make little puffing noises like a ............ uh.......... well............. anyway, maybe not quite that way but........... you get the idea.......... :roll:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

BANANA NUT BREAD

This recipe had been modified by Bill Marx Saturday, July 20, 2013
4 eggs (you can actually use 'egg beaters' if your afraid of eggs)
3 or 4 very ripe bananas, just when you get ready to throw them out… peel and drop in the mixing bowl
1 tablespoon of pure vanilla
3 ½ cups of Bisquick pancake mix; some use flour, but I like the Bisquick pancake mix (you can get this in low calorie)
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1 cup of raisins

YOU CANNOT USE TOO MANY NUTS, RAISINS OR BANANAS… sometimes I add a lot more to the mix just for my own preference… but adding more of these items will not hurt the finished product. IMHO.

Preheat oven to 350°F.
Mix everything but the Bisquick (flour) in a mixing bowl with a hand mixer till it’s well blended
After that, add the Bisquick to the mix and continue till it is completely mixed together
This will make 3 nice size glass bread baking dishes; Spray the dishes with Pam and then fill them about half way to allow for expansion as it bakes.
Bake for 1 hour maybe just a bit longer… or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Let them cool and then you can just turn the dishes over and the bread will just fall out.
You can freeze this also. I shrink wrap it and try to use it in maybe 3 months at the most.

Post Posted: Wed 01 Jan 2014 10:23 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
Not trying to derail any of your weight loss goals by throwing in something about cookies or breads, but my Dad raises honey bees so me and my wife tend to get a bunch of honey from him every year. If you substitute sugars for natural honey in both breads and cookies, they stay fresher longer, and stay nice and soft. There are a ton of honey recipes online. Real honey will give you all of the nutrients that's naturally found in fresh pure honey, and take away all of the junk that sugar will do too your body.

My biggest killer is soda. I used to be hooked on energy drinks when I was deployed and managed to shake them from my life, but Mt Dew and Coke will be the death of me yet.

Good luck in all of your weight loss goals. I'm on the other end of that and can't gain mass no matter what I do.

Post Posted: Wed 01 Jan 2014 13:01 
in memoriam

Interesting you bring up honey... I started using honey in my coffee rather than sugar substitute... I like it better and I think it is a lot better for you... I also make my nut breads with honey and no sugar and most everything I eat has low sugar or no sugar.

I have reached a plateau now... can't seem to get below 290.... but that is ok for now since I started out at 350... but difficult this time of year... no matter what I do... I keep seeing all this good food and just can't help myself... maybe I can get back on track this week....

I still want to get down to around 235 or maybe a bit less... right now... 250 would be great... and to think, I used to stay around 220 most of the time... what the hell happened.... I just couldn't keep my mouth shut.... and that's the secret to weight loss after all else is said and done.

Post Posted: Sun 05 Jan 2014 10:40 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Bill,
We are very proud of your accomplishments and the discipline it takes to stay on any diet. Most fail because the diets are not a maintainable lifestyle. My wife took me down to a 500 calorie a day diet for a period of a month. I lost weight, looked sickly, my sugar got back to normal, but it was not sustainable. I use Agave as a natural sweetener replacement for sugars and it is great.

Keep it up Bill!

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Archives