NABBI • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: NABBI
 Post Posted: Mon 15 Jul 2013 07:10 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Experience: More than 10 years
I was asked to come to Durham, NC to speak at the NC Bail Academy continuing education class. I was blessed to be assisted by Matt Arnold and Bill Williams. This was a last minute deal and since we couldn't make it to CA we had to represent!

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post subject: Re: NABBI
 Post Posted: Mon 15 Jul 2013 10:29 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
NABBI was represented very well in NC....I think many connections were made by Matt and Scott for the benefit of NABBI...Some other nice developments for NABBI were made but it's Scott's and Matt's story, so I'll leave it at that!!

Great job guy's!!

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post Posted: Mon 15 Jul 2013 22:14 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3671
Experience: 3 - 5 years
NABBI was pretty well represented in SoCal, too! :wink: I'll let Tony share the details, though.

Ca. Bail Agent Lic#1845795
Owner/Operator, Thomas Duprey Bail Bonds
Owner/Operator, Orange County Bounty
(714) 727-4689

Post Posted: Wed 17 Jul 2013 16:43 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
The NABBI Conference in Long Beach California was a great success. Those in attendance included representatives from 3 surety companies, Accredited, Fairmont and HCC.

Even though we had to change the program around, but due to the networking of some of our board members, we were able to put together a very well received and informative program.

Mr. Bill Marx was the hit of the conference. His presentation was so great that before he even got through the first 10 minutes of it, the education coordinator for the California Bail Agents Association, told me that she wanted him to come back in October and present at their annual conference!

And, we will get the presentations approved by the California Department of Insurance as credit towards the bail agents continuing education requirements! In other words they will be CA DOI approved courses!

(Also, Bill was a hit with the ladies. I promised Gail that I would keep him out of trouble. In order to do so, I had the hotel put him in a room right next to mine. :wink:)

Btw, both the CBAA and the PBUS was represented at the conference also.

Lion probably gave one of the most interesting presentations. He covered the small details of bail recovery that many of us did not know, think about or thought was important.

Lion along with Bob Taft from the Orange County Sheriff Department were a dynamic dual. They describe how important building a working relationship between law enforcement and bail recovery is.

Whether they were in business a few years or as Maggie Kreins has been for over 25, they all said they learned so much new information and were very impressed with our presentations.

Not only were the sessions educational and fun, we had a good time at dinner each night.

In the coming weeks we will begin planning next years conference. Stay tuned.

Post Posted: Wed 17 Jul 2013 19:38 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1366
Experience: 7 - 10 years
Tony..

What do I need to do to get my bail license here? My 2 year residency will be Nov 1 and I want to have everything set up and ready to go..just not sure of the laws here...

" Yeah, I see ya, you ding dong..."

Post Posted: Wed 17 Jul 2013 20:03 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
I posted a few pics for your viewing pleasure.... and thanks Tony... I was rather shocked that these sophisticated folks from California would even want to hear something presented by an old Virginia country bondsman... frankly, it floored me and I am very honored to be able to represent NABBI in my small way. I will work hard to make sure my presentation is done.... right... but possilby and unfortunately... it will probably still be in my style... :shock: and I will not remove the "green monkey"... 8)

I think something should be said in Tony's behalf... he set this entire conference up and without his guidance and assistance in planning... it would have flopped... his presentation was also very well done and I also would agree that Lion as well as Tony, showed a professionalism that NABBI and other members of this industry can be proud of.... that, after all, is the agenda and focus of our association and in that vein... those guys were up to the task.

I would also like to thank Tony for the exciting ride to LAX and my departure... Tony has a former fully equiped, unmarked, PD automobile... complete with all the trimmings and every road block that we went through... without having to stop (they just waved him through) all the cops waved and pointed and we just slid through like a couple of plain clothes detectives.... really cool... thanks Tony...

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Wed 17 Jul 2013 20:14 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3671
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Thanks for the setup, Bill. This thing went off beautifully, thanks to three people. Tony organized and drove the entire thing, with his usual professionalism. Bill entertained the "LA" crowd with his folksy realism which is novel to a group that often chokes on its own sophistication. And lastly, Lion dazzled as always with his knowledge, insight and professionalism. I am truly humbled to be a part of the NABBI machine!

Ca. Bail Agent Lic#1845795
Owner/Operator, Thomas Duprey Bail Bonds
Owner/Operator, Orange County Bounty
(714) 727-4689

Post Posted: Wed 24 Jul 2013 06:27 
in memoriam

Please note, I have added a "Policy Statement" to the recommended agencies page of the nabbi site.

There have been issues that are being addressed and I felt this needed to be reflected on our site.

NABBI is not and can not be and does not wish to be... a regulatory agency, we have no power to regulate, we recommend agencies whom we have vetted to the best of our knowledge but the decision on the final association that you choose should fall on you and you alone.

Just read the statement and be aware.

www.nabbi.org

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Wed 24 Jul 2013 07:38 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Excellent addition, your hiring decision is your responsibility

Scitt

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Sun 29 Sep 2013 11:27 
in memoriam

Links have been added to the NABBI.ORG site for those wishing to join and pay.

Just had a very good hook up with the VP of Bail USA, who took myself and my daughter Dawn to dinner and had a very lengthy discussion on not only my business but NABBI in general. He is all in for this organization and he is a very important member of this industry.

You folks need to step up to the plate on this... NABBI.ORG is the site and anyone that is serious about being professional in this business needs to seriously consider dropping a C note and joining this great association.

I hear all sorts of excuses on this but the bottom line is that you can always find something that irks you about any and every organization or association that you might consider joining... if you shy away because of some petty BS reason... you might as well stick your head in the sand... because you are no better than the big bird that shy's away from adversity in the same manner... and I say that to anyone's face, from the big time professionals in this industry to the newbies that may be entering... if this old man can put forth the energy and money to try and improve this industry... so can you.

GET INVOLVED or get a job at Walmart as a greeter... 8)

Yes, I do get a bit over the top on NABBI... I see things in our industry that need attention and it does bother me that so many of us are only interested in "feathering our own nest"... we all need to work together to improve and upgrade our industry.

It's sort of like being in a sinking boat... if only one or two are bailing... it may just sink but if more picked up the buckets and pitched in... or worked to plug the holes in the bottom... rather than sitting back and complaining that the boat is sinking.... well... ya know... so, how's that for a metaphor...

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion