Why wouldn't you join the NABBI? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • NABBI Info • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: Why wouldn't you join the NABBI?
 Post Posted: Sun 03 Mar 2013 19:11 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
Seems once again we are getting a lot of .... "why should I join NABBI'????

Well, I can tell you that if you have read the 'mission statement' of the organization... if you have read the many posts and followed the meetings that have been held... followed the guys and gals that have attended the meetings and their comments on the group... and you still want to ask that question.... you probably aren't gonna do anything anyway....

You all probably know or remember Kennedy... January 1961... (I watched and heard him make that speech... as I am older than most of you and was 16 at the time... 8) )... "Ask not what your country can do for you..... etc... " well, that pretty much sums up NABBI..... it is an organization that has all our best interests at heart... our continued professional future as it's agenda... a group that is inclusive to all that would aspire to be professional bondsmen, recovery agents, private investigators or anyone that is seriously connected to this business. NABBI is like a private club, although open to all serious about this industry it is still a private club.... membership is a privilege... it is open to all but holds its membership to a higher standard... and that is what it is all about.

If you sit around and complain about trivial things... if you say you will wait till it picks up steam... if one of the members irritates you... if you feel you can't afford to get to the meeting... too far away... to much trouble... got other things that are pressing.... well... you can always find a reason for not doing something... always....

This organization is like so many others in that way... the members that work to get things done will probably be very small number of the overall membership... and in the beginning that number will certainly be small, but dedicated....

I bumped this thread because I feel we have to keep this alive... keep the drive going... keep the interest on fire... turn up the heat so to speak...

I will post a paragraph that I think says it all.... yeah, I wrote it but I think it about sums it up....

Quote:
I believe membership in NABBI should be something that bondsmen, PI's, recovery agents and others in our industry, would want as a course of being seen as a professional. It should be an organization that industry members would want to belong to simply for the prestige of membership. There are plenty of professional organizations that garner membership based simply by being a registered member and not necessarily on "what it can do for me" in ways associated directly with money... as American Express likes to say... "membership has it's privileges"...

So in July we are having another meeting in Long Beach CA.... that is a very long way from my little corner of the world.... 'hickville, VA'... but I intend on doing all I can to be there.... I have a lot of other things on my plate and my lovely wife is asking many of the same questions I am seeing from some of you.... "why are you going... what is it doing for you?".... I can only respond by saying... I am going because I believe in the course that this organization is taking and I believe I can help it get there... no other reason... and certainly not for anything that it can particularly do for me....

.... besides, I want to watch Tom D.... drink another gallon of 'strawberry daiquiris"..... 8) sorry... I just find it hard to be serious for more than 20 minutes or so............................ but don't lose sight of the overall line of thought here.................... it is very serious, for us all........!!

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Mon 04 Mar 2013 11:01 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Thanks Bill for bumping up this thread.

There were at least 4 surety company reps that were in Las Vegas last week, stated they would be in Long Beach to "check us out." Also, there are many California, Nevada and even a family from New Mexico said they would attend.

Several of the service and equipment vendors wanted to attend also in July.

With that amount of interest even though we have not really begun to market the conference, I think it shows the interest and need for such an organization.

No one in Vegas took any offense what so ever when we described NABBI doing for the recovery side, what PBUS is doing for the bail agent side. Advocating for and improving the profession.

The more agents that join and get involved the faster we can grow, the more networking we can provide to our members and we will have a better chance at being invited to speak and comment on bail issues.

Post Posted: Mon 25 Mar 2013 14:17 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Just an update.

This morning I was able to refer a Minnesota recovery agent that has 2 skips in California to 2 of our NABBI members. He has a skip in Northern CA and one in Southern CA.

And the NorCal job is going to brand new NABBI members. They stopped by my office a week ago picked upped apps and are also going to be in Long Beach in July.

Post Posted: Wed 27 Mar 2013 09:45 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1611
Experience: 7 - 10 years
tsuggs wrote:
Just an update.

This morning I was able to refer a Minnesota recovery agent that has 2 skips in California to 2 of our NABBI members. He has a skip in Northern CA and one in Southern CA.

And the NorCal job is going to brand new NABBI members. They stopped by my office a week ago picked upped apps and are also going to be in Long Beach in July.

An update to this update, since Las Vegas we have worked 4 cases referred through NABBI. 2 From Bail bondsmen and 2 from Surety Companies, 1 of those is has committed to recommending to all of there underwriters/agents in Texas to use us. We have done a bunch of other work from referrals over the last year. I have easily made a return on the cost of the membership to NABBI back in business 20 fold.

Its not why I joined but I have a saying, "Do it like you don't need the money and the money will find its way to you." Honestly if any of us did this for the money, well you know where you would be..

I personally hope to contribute to my profession something more valuable than the money, that is, a moral and ethical foundation for those who follow me to be supported by and to build upon.

Thanks NABBI for everything

Sentry Security & Investigations L.P. - Vice President
Curently Licensed in Texas as;
Private Investigator TXLC A16879
Level III Commissioned Security Officer TXLC C11454
Level IV Personal Protection Officer TXLC C11454
Texas Issued Concealed Handgun License

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion » NABBI Info