Retain Free Directory Listings? • ADMINISTRATIVE SECTION • Fugitive Recovery Network News • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Standard (FREE) Listings?
Poll ended at Sat 07 Jul 2012 14:36
Keep FREE 31%  31%  [ 14 ]
$10 Annual Fee 36%  36%  [ 16 ]
$15 Annual Fee 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
$20 Annual Fee 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
$25 Annual Fee 27%  27%  [ 12 ]
Remove Them 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 45

Post subject: Re: Retain Free Directory Listings?
 Post Posted: Sun 24 Jun 2012 20:42 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4006
Experience: More than 10 years
So far there are more votes for a paid directory than for a free one. However, my concern is that the way it's broken down into 1 option for "Free" and several options for different amounts on "Paid" the Free might get more votes than any of the one amounts proposed. If that happens Free will win, even though the Paid options when added together would have more votes.

Perhaps there could be 2 Polls, one for "Free" v. "Paid", and then another Poll to determine the amount of Paid, (provided that Paid wins).

In my opinion paying my own way is just the right thing to do. I know there is some expense to Phil in operating the FRN, and a good amount of time managing the directory as well. I support cleaning up and improving the integrity of the directory, but I also think that Phil should be compensated for providing the directory.

Post Posted: Sun 24 Jun 2012 21:43 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3493
Thanks for keeping the site free of charge all this time. Now is our turn to pick up the bill.

(877) 440-5970 Office
(805) 524-4049 Fax
Oxnard, CA

Post Posted: Mon 25 Jun 2012 04:55 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3828
ChuckJ wrote:
So far there are more votes for a paid directory than for a free one. However, my concern is that the way it's broken down into 1 option for "Free" and several options for different amounts on "Paid" the Free might get more votes than any of the one amounts proposed. If that happens Free will win, even though the Paid options when added together would have more votes.

Perhaps there could be 2 Polls, one for "Free" v. "Paid", and then another Poll to determine the amount of Paid, (provided that Paid wins).

In my opinion paying my own way is just the right thing to do. I know there is some expense to Phil in operating the FRN, and a good amount of time managing the directory as well. I support cleaning up and improving the integrity of the directory, but I also think that Phil should be compensated for providing the directory.

Another very valid point that I was also thinking to myself..

NABBI Member

"Surprise Sex is the Best Thing to Wake up to, UNLESS, You are in Jail... "

Post Posted: Mon 25 Jun 2012 06:00 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Actually... and of course this is my opinion only.... you add all the paid votes together.... you really don't need another vote.... "free vs. paid"... just add the paid and compare with the free... then... just take a look at which paid amount got more votes... I think this one vote will tell you just as much as trying to do more...

As it stands when I wrote this.... 19 paid and 10 free... 29 votes to date............

Paid wins... then just look at which paid got more votes..... $10 wins that one... end of vote... unless there is a tie, then just have a simple run off.... no big deal....

KISS principle............... 8)

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Mon 25 Jun 2012 08:38 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2087
VOTED

J.G. Marshall
MARSHALL FUGITIVE SERVICE
Lic. # 2008-392

Its the Irish in my mind that keeps me sane,
and the Irish in my heart that keeps me strong.

Post Posted: Mon 25 Jun 2012 09:12 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1
Chuck - Thank you and I understand your thoughts on that but I believe Bill explained it well.

Bill - Exactly! You can choose to keep it FREE, you can choose to change it to a Paid or you can choose to have them completely Removed (doesn't seem to popular.)

I am hoping that by charging a small fee we can retain the Standard Listings providing some exposure for those members listed. Also, I do believe that this would cut down on the amount of "nonsense" listings.

There is some work that goes into maintaining the directory, as anyone that maintains a website knows - however, this is provided as a service and tool for the members and visitors to the site.

In another Poll in this section, is the opportunity to earn a commission for referring people to become listed in the directory.

Now, in all fairness, if it is decided that all listings will be paid, I will pay a commission on the Standard listings, as well as, the Premium listings.

For example, if it is decided that a Standard listing is $10, which currently seems to be the prevailing choice, referring members will receive $2 (20%) for each listing.

Further, I am working on a feature where, if a presently listed member decides to include another listing in a State or a City - they will receive a 20% discount on the additional listing.

1st Standard Listing: $10 a year
    Each additional Standard Listing: $8 a year

1st Premium Listing: $50 a year
    Each additional Premium Listing: $40 a year
    Each additional Standard Listing: $8 a year

* Commissions to the referring member will be on the first directory listing as any additional listing will be discounted.

This can be useful for those that own and operate several different related businesses (Bail Bond Company, Fugitive Recovery, Investigations and/or a School) NOTE: Bail Bond Companies are also listed in the sister website US Bail Bond Directory {bailbonddirectory.us} and Private Investigators will be listed in Private Investigatory Database {pidb.net}

If a listed member decides to later upgrade their membership to Premium, there will not be a refund, however - their directory listing will be extended for one year from the date of the upgrade.

Also something I wish to do is, modify all coding to be consistent with the forum login. Therefore, there will be only one login for both sections and all directory listed members will automatically be a member of the forums.

US Bail Bond Directory
Private Investigator Database

Please post questions in the "Comments or Suggestions" Forum
PM is only for private requests or comments

Post Posted: Mon 25 Jun 2012 10:01 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Quote:
Also something I wish to do is, modify all coding to be consistent with the forum login. Therefore, there will be only one login for both sections and all directory listed members will automatically be a member of the forums.

That is a very good idea and one that I have been curious about for several years... why the different log ins??? great... fix it Phil............ u da man....

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Mon 25 Jun 2012 23:06 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4078
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Howdy Folks!
I responded to this question, but don't see where it vanished to, so I'm going to speak my opinion here.

There ought not be any doubt about whether my listing is legitimate so what am I being asked to pay for? Getting rid of those that ain't?

Since I've been a member of FRN, with the free standard listing, I haven't had one single person come along to say "Hey, I saw your listing on FRN!" Naturally, I also haven't gotten any cases as a result of my standard listing either. Not that I am complaining here. I know that you get what you pay for. Pay nothing, and that's precisely what I got. Nothing. (aside from the listing itself, of course.)

Now I don't mind paying money for something, but don't much care to pay something for nothing. I have a standard listing that I got for nothing, and nothing is what came back from having a listing on FRN. Like attracts like. Pay nothing, receive nothing. The obvious difference now being, pay something, and still get nothing. (aside from the listing itself, of course).

If I figured on value for the dollar, I'd be inclined to spend a few bucks to have a listing that produced at least some sort of response. I just ain't keen on spending hard earned money for no response at all.

Perhaps if there was some sort of "value added" feature or something to make it an investment rather than an unexpected 'tax' to have precisely the same listing that was formerly free, it would feel better.

As it stands, it seems like the honest, hard working folks who have a legitimate listing are fixing to be taxed to weed out those that ain't honest or legitimate.
The honest being fined to pay for those that ain't.

I might feel okay about spending $10 bucks on a standard ad, but certainly wouldn't be interested in paying any more than that for no discernible result.

Blessings,
Agent11-117

DORA PI10000052

Athame Investigations,
division of Colorado Bounty Hunter LLC
Aurora, Colorado
303-343-7111 Office
303-319-1077 Cell
303-366-3189 Fax

Available for Fugitive Recovery, Process Service, Investigation and Legal Courier Service.

Post Posted: Tue 26 Jun 2012 02:02 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Mel,

1st of all, simply listing your company doesn't guarantee anything, regardless of the directory.

2ndly most directories are now charging fees for a listing. Cost of business. Bear in mind, it is tax deductible.

3rdly You have to network, socialize, get to know people and them you. Right now you are still an unknown quantity to most of us. To expect a bondsperson to entrust a complete total stranger with 1 of their cases is ludicrous. What really deters people from you is your "ghost" of a mentor. You absolutely refuse to tell us who he/she is, or anything about them. From a bondspersons perspective that is a liability in itself.

I mean for all we know it could be Bobby Brown, any 1 of the Chapman crew, etc. A bondsperson has a RIGHT to know who exactly is going to be involved in their case. That's just sound business.

Also, to me and this is just my opinion, your last few posts on here have been negative, insulting, and disrespectful. Seems like all you do is cry and complain about us. If you are so unhappy here, then by all means go start on your own forum... :lol:

You like crunching numbers: How many man hours a day do you think Phil works on this website ? $10 a listing ? really ? geeeeez.....
Then you factor in equipment, utility bills, high speed mega bandwidth commercial yadda yadda yadda ip stuff, etc.

Then you have the nerve to say nothing gets nothing ?....that's your fault.

Anyway, I could go on, but what's the point ?

Post Posted: Tue 26 Jun 2012 05:17 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4078
Experience: 3 - 5 years
SpanielPI wrote:
Mel,

1st of all, simply listing your company doesn't guarantee anything, regardless of the directory.

Howdy!
I was going to write up a response, but....
What would be the point.

DORA PI10000052

Athame Investigations,
division of Colorado Bounty Hunter LLC
Aurora, Colorado
303-343-7111 Office
303-319-1077 Cell
303-366-3189 Fax

Available for Fugitive Recovery, Process Service, Investigation and Legal Courier Service.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

FRN Forums » ADMINISTRATIVE SECTION » Fugitive Recovery Network News