Why wouldn't you join the NABBI? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • NABBI Info • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Why wouldn't you join the NABBI?
 Post Posted: Sun 20 May 2012 08:46 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
Experience: More than 10 years
I see a lot of folks posting that they are working to get into this Profession, they just made their first apprehension, etc etc etc.
But seldom do I see anyone posting anything about joining this Association. You guys/ gals have an opportunity to get in on a first rate organization that will add to your chances to becone not only a professional in name but also in deed. We all talk a good game (including myself) but now it's time to show we can also walk the walk. Join NABBI today. Go to the NABBI.Org website and fill out the application and get on board with the real deals on here. If you need additional information about this Association, call your Area Directors which you will find on the same website or feel free to call me and I'll direct you to the people that can answer any questions you may have.

Once you join you'll meet some people that have done things in this profession that most of us only wish we could do. We have some people that are known all over this country for having the knowledge and ability to get the job done. If you want to be a part of this growing association get on board now!!! If you can't make it to Philly this year, don't let that stop you from joining now!! Lastly. I've done recoveries for a number of people here and I really expect you guys to join, hell, I'll knock off the membership dues on the next recovery I do for you. Ok, that's all I have.

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post subject: Re: Why wouldn't you join the NABBI?
 Post Posted: Sun 20 May 2012 11:40 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

30 views and not one reply....Not good!!

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Post Posted: Sun 20 May 2012 19:15 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Bill
We appreciate your integrity as well as support. Few have reached the pinnacle of reputation that you have, and I fear that fewer yet will even try. We are dealing with the instant gratification syndrome and this profession takes dedication, education, common sense and the ability as well as desire to follow the direction of a mentor.

Stay safe brother!

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Sun 20 May 2012 20:06 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3671
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Yeah, Bill. I didn't reply because I figured it was geared towards those newer to the profession and not already NABBI members. And yet...those are likely the only ones who WILL reply. Like Scott said...

Ca. Bail Agent Lic#1845795
Owner/Operator, Thomas Duprey Bail Bonds
Owner/Operator, Orange County Bounty
(714) 727-4689

Post Posted: Sun 20 May 2012 20:32 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Scott,

I hope you are wrong on this one but I can tell you this, I will no longer give the new people on this forum the time of day, if they continue to ignore an association that can raise the their level of professionalism among many other things the NABBI can do. So, those of you that are fairly new to this profession, I don't give a dang about you're one two or three apprehensions. If you can't see how this association can help YOU and this profession I doubt you will be around this profession very long.

Tom,

You are exactly right. I was and am trying to get the attention of the one hit wonders. I've noticed you are working the heck out of facebook. You're a good man, Tom. Maybe I just don't get it, but why would you not join this organization. If you don't have the money for the due's you sure don't have gas money to chase down a fugitive.

Way too much talk going on. Reminds me of a guy i was trying to help a while back. We were in a pretty tough area and he was talking about how he was going to have my back and he couldn't wait to get the guy. After the guy was hooked up, I looked around and the guy doing all the talking hadn't gotten out of the car and was ghost white pale!!

I hope some new guy or gal with muster the courage and tell why they wouldn't join this Association. Heck, take a stand, i can take anything you have to say, but say something!!!

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Post Posted: Sun 20 May 2012 20:45 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

One more thing. Scott you mentioned mentor. I would have given anything to have a mentor when starting out in this profession. These guys can get the advice from absolutely the best of the best in this profession simply by joining. Man, to pay for the advice and assistance that NABBI members can provide would cost a fortune and they can get it for dang near nothing.

If you are seious about this profession, join it, if not, I couldn't care less about your one two or three apprehensions.

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Post Posted: Mon 21 May 2012 00:12 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4078
Howdy!
Speaking personally, I've been going through a patch of tight money. I have a tentative intention of joining, but lack the funds at this time. I'm likely to accomplish that task in either June or July; assuming I care to do so, which I ain't precisely convinced would be to any particular advantage.

For starters, I don't know that I want to join.
Secondly, am unclear what advantage it would be to join.
Yes, understand the knowledge and experience of folks running the thing; that isn't the issue.
Ain't convinced I'd be any more welcome or appreciated any better after paying the membership fees than I have been already.

I'll think about joining, assuming I'd be accepted to start with. Leaning toward it, but haven't reached a firm commitment. It is something I'm pondering.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

DORA PI10000052

Athame Investigations,
division of Colorado Bounty Hunter LLC
Aurora, Colorado
303-343-7111 Office
303-319-1077 Cell
303-366-3189 Fax

Available for Fugitive Recovery, Process Service, Investigation and Legal Courier Service.

Post Posted: Mon 21 May 2012 05:30 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
If you don't have the money for the due's you sure don't have gas money to chase down a fugitive.

That is it Bill. To be successful one must have the knowledge to do so. Sure you can forge your own path, pay for the same real estate twice, get locked up in the process because you watched some one hit wonder on you tube and lose the ability to pursue this profession.

With the Internet, we can be famous without any experience, we just say so. To be a credit to this profession takes work, hard work, perseverance, disappointment, success, failure, learning the hard way, being lied to by your client, the skips family etc. You learn that there is truth in every lie and to keep your cool.

NABBI is about laying the ground work for this profession to have a voice in state and federal legislature, and not be the bastard step child of the topic of surety or the bail profession. It is about raising the collective professionalism and mentality with which we approach this craft, legally, intelligently and uniformaly so that this profession does not fall victim to legislation as a result of the actions of our own. It is about teaching our members how to raise the bar, speak positively about our profession, present professionally in front of elected officials as subject matter experts, all to the benefit of the profession as a whole. This will absolutey benefit those that participate as well as those that won't. Every profession has their fringe elements, those that ride on the efforts of others, like leaches. Sometimes this behavior is on purpose, other times it is out of ignorance or short sightedness. The result is the same.

These opinions are my own.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Mon 21 May 2012 07:44 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Mel,

Thanks for having the B***S to reply.

You are exactly the type that I'm trying to reach. Take no offense in anything I state here. None is intended. You and me are not spring chickens and surely we have a couple bucks somewhere. But if you truly don't have the money to join then you have every reason to not be a part of this association at this time.

You state that you have a tentative intention of joining in june or july assuming you care to do so and you aren't convinced it would be to any particular advantage. You also state, "For starters I don't know that i want to join". Secondly unclear what advantage it would be to join Ain't convinced I'd be any more welcome or appreciated after paying the membership fee's than I have been already. I'll think about joining assuming I'd be accepted to start with.

First, do you know how much the due's are? Most of your concerns center around the Associations ability to be of help to you and others in this business. If thats the case and you have taken the time to check this association out, then we, as an association need to make our positions clearer. Check the website and call Tony or Scott and get an in depth explanation as to what we are all about. Feel free to call me if you want.

As far as being welcomed, heck man I was looking forward to meeting you in Saint Louis!! Others asked if you had arrived. This association isn't about one person and you are as welcome as anyone else. I saw you get into some heated stuff on here, Check out my posts i've been heated up also. So what?

I noticed you've been in this business less than a year, you and people like you are exactly what we want in this association.

You mentioned being appreciated. We have to earn that one my friend.
Now dust yourself off, get over the past posts and join us.

Finally, Mel, whether you join or not will not stop us, we will continue on and you and others that choose to ride side saddle (straddle the fence) will be forgotten, we will gain knowledge, respect and others will still be using the 'I ain't got the money excuse". I wish only the best for you Mel, whatever you decide to do in life.

Take care

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Post Posted: Mon 21 May 2012 20:17 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4078
[quote="B Williams"]Mel,

Thanks for having the B***S to reply.

Howdy!
Let me start out with saying how much I appreciate your response. And about not being a spring chicken... well... let me just say I can remember standing out in the yard with a couple of neighbors watching the first ever Sputnik fly by in the night sky. That ought to give a clue to my age anyhow.

And in response, I'd like to say that I do not intend now, nor have I ever intended, any offense to anybody here. I came along to learn from guys who have been doing the job for many years that I am learning as I go. My good fortune is that I have a mentor who has been a bounty hunter for some 25 years or more. Before anybody asks, I have not been given his okay to post his identity on a public forum, but he came highly recommended by the bail agent who trained me up to certification in Colorado. I've learned a thing or two, but know there will never be an end to the learning that lies ahead.

Now as pertains to money, it appears I didn't make myself very clear earlier, so I'm going to clear up a misconception. I'm out there chasing people every day. One case took a month to track down my target, while another took only 3 days. I'm working one now that is a bit high profile, and can't talk about that one until I nail him down, so that's going to be another story for another day. But the essence is, I am creating my own business from the ground up. Anybody who ever started up a business knows that it can be tough for the first few years, and especially in an economy that has seen better days. Meanwhile, back at the barn, I earn enough to get by, but not so well that I can spend any money without being real careful about it. Whatever I spend money on must end up being an investment because there just ain't that much to play with after all the bills are paid and there is still a whole bunch of stuff I need for my business. Software ain't cheap, and I need several pieces to make the business efficient and capable of passing muster, especially with the IRS! I bought a Jeep Liberty, so I can go anywhere and in any weather. Car payments! Oye! Then there is equipment I need to stock up on. The list goes on, but I'm sure you get the idea. So it is, any money I spend gets pinched until it bleeds a bit.

NABBI is one of those things I consider may be an investment, but I need to study up on it a whole bunch more than I've had time for lately. And yeah, I'll talk with folks and get their perspective. I'll listen to what they have to say, weigh the benefit vs. cost, and determine on my own whether I should see it as an investment or bide a bit of time. On that, I haven't reached a decision. It appears likely that such decision would happen in either June or July.

You mentioned St. Louis, and I was really rankled about missing that event, but circumstances just were not working out. Have you ever had one of those trips you wanted to take, only to have one obstacle after another block your path? That was happening with me at that time. Maybe you've had that sneaky suspicion that you just ain't supposed to make a particular trip, regardless how much you wish to be there. That's the way things seemed at the time, and I ended up missing out. Last time I had such a feeling about a trip, I delayed our group from leaving for Vancouver B.C. for some 12 hours. Finally we left, and at a stop for gas, in the light of day, we could see that one of the tires was badly damaged and likely to pop at any moment. Had we made that same stop in the dark, we may have missed it. Had it popped on those mountain switchbacks ahead, we'd likely have not made it to our destination. It's kinda like that.

As to wondering whether I'd be accepted... well... I'm gonna be frank here, and do not intend any disrespect. I haven't felt very welcome on the forum. I get it. I'm a newbie to the field, and ya'll are the exalted who have the experience and knowledge that only comes by putting in time doing the job. You're right that we ain't spring chickens. We ain't likely to be around forever. I'd like to believe there is a new generation coming along that can be helped by folks in NABBI. I appreciate that I am the sort of person you're trying to reach. But I hope that there is an emphasis on newcomers being brought up to speed and taught how to not only survive in this business, but prosper. We all know that getting started is tough. Does it need to be made any tougher than it already? And I'm going to leave it at that.

There has been talk about the hard work, dedication, etc, etc...
Well, I'm putting in plenty of time trying to train up. I spend time with my mentor trying to learn the business. I'm also doing process service to help when pickings are slim. I also hold down a day job. So I ain't just playing around, but working my butt off and putting in some pretty darn long days. I've enjoyed some success, and more comes my way with time. It is a slow process. One of these days, somebody might observe what an overnight success I seem to be. But that overnight success is going to be built on hard work, dedication, sweat equity and lots of long days and nights too short.

Anyhow, I really do appreciate your response to my post. Really, I sincerely do appreciate the time you took to write. I expect I'll decide to join in the next month or two, but right now, I'm in that stage of building a business that requires a certain frugality. Hopefully, I'll be able to look back at these early efforts and laugh about it. Right now, however, I'm getting by while trying to grow my business.

I expect I'll join NABBI, but need to feel confident that I'm making a wise investment. I need to believe I'm using every dime wisely. There just don't seem to be enough dimes for everything a new business needs to work out!

Blessings,
Mel Edington

DORA PI10000052

Athame Investigations,
division of Colorado Bounty Hunter LLC
Aurora, Colorado
303-343-7111 Office
303-319-1077 Cell
303-366-3189 Fax

Available for Fugitive Recovery, Process Service, Investigation and Legal Courier Service.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion » NABBI Info