My thoughts on an association • PUBLIC SECTION • Archives • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: My thoughts on an association
 Post Posted: Sat 09 Jul 2011 19:13 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
I was gone up to the hideout for a couple of days. Working on the "honey do list." So I missed all of the deleted posts.

Friends, lets all step back for a sec and look at we we all al right now.

1) We have a name of an association.
2) We have a logo.
3) We have a small committee working on the mission statement, code of ethics and bylaws. All are still in the draft stages.
4) Tentative plans for a organizational meeting next June, somewhere east of the Mississippi. Maybe we can move that up.

Things we still have to do:

A) Determine if and where to have an "official" office. Probably will have to be where ever our president is.
B) The structure of the board. The officers and directors.
C) The structure of the memberships.
D) Dues amounts.
E) Programs and training for the membership.
F) Programs for the public, law enforcement, courts, etc.
G) Partnerships with bail assocaitions and sureties.

We can't work on most of these until we are up and running. So, if everyone would like to move up the date of the organizational meeting, I am for that.

We can maybe try for November or December. But how many will be able to be present for it? All it has to be is a one day meet at a restaurant banquet room or even a Holiday Inn.

Can we do this by teleconference? I don't know. Maybe someone more techy can answer that.

The poiont of all this is, we are moving forward, it will take a little time. All concerns will be discussed and addressed at the appropriate time.

I think once we get to the details of membership, who can or can''t join, we will find a way to be open and fair.

Post Posted: Sun 10 Jul 2011 04:26 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 92
All execellent and comprehensive points. I have a suggestion. Since the Second annual Crabsmash is coming up in August, how many could commit to expanding that by a few hours to include a meeting? I fully intend on making this one, but I understand how travel could be cost prohibitive. Can the rough drafts Tony mentioned be ready by that time with enough time left over for imput from committee members who may not be able to be there but whose imput could either be written, teleconferenced or relayed by proxy?

Knoxville, TN
800-689-5031

Post Posted: Sun 10 Jul 2011 09:25 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Joe,

We will have th drafts done by the crab smash, no problem. I will be in the Virginia for a couple of days, so I will have time before or after the feed to discuss things.

Post Posted: Sun 10 Jul 2011 14:19 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
http://www.wikihow.com/Start-a-501c3-Nonprofit-Organization

I suggest a DE corporation as they are familiar with foreign corporations and we can rotate the working address with the current president as Tony suggested. I concur with Joe Stiles, and we can finalize formulation at the crab smash on 08/20/2011 ( see http://www.bailmd.com and click on upcoming events to register)

As for the deleted parts of this thread, I was not able to read the deleted posts and don't need to. We all must be willing to sacrifice something for the greater good of a bigger idea. There are absolutely things that I feel strongly about and somethings I am absolutely against, but I have kept them to myself so as not to be counter productive. I am also cognizant to not commandeer the discussion and allow others to have their say. Critical thinking will generate ideas that will allow this organization to continue for generations, if it is set up with the wisdom of our fore fathers when they wrote the Constitution. Some things that have to be acknowledged, not everyone is a member on FRN, and that should not be a prerequisite. To survive, we need numbers, and the membership here is not sufficient to support the organization beyond infancy. We may have to be aligned with groups or organizations that many of us feel are counter to our ideals, but the strategy may be required so as not to have them trying to kill this before it gets off of the ground.

My personal goal and agenda: To leave a legacy for those that ply this craft while I am in my dotage or dead and gone, in a manner that is respected by the court system, law enforcement and the community.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Sat 08 Sep 2012 12:47 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4015
Experience: 7 - 10 years
I agree with the KY idea I'm from KY and my dad was a judge so I can help get state reps and law makers there I know the industry pretty well

Box 332104
Murfreesboro TN, 37133
Cell: 1-615-556-1809
Phone: 1-615-481-9711
Fax: 1-267-647-3806

Post Posted: Sun 09 Sep 2012 15:32 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

We decided to hold the orgizational meeting in St Louis this past March. Simple because it was easy to get to for most people.

In the future, we may look at holding a conference in Kentucky. However, of all the states with no surety bail, they are the one that seems to be operating the best.

If we do go to a non private bail state, Wisconsin, Oregon or Illinios would probably be better picks as they have more problems with fta's.

That is also why we are going to Philly in 2 weeks. They have billions in uncollected forfeitures and thousands of fta's.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Archives