Retain Free Directory Listings? • ADMINISTRATIVE SECTION • Fugitive Recovery Network News • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Standard (FREE) Listings?
Poll ended at Sat 07 Jul 2012 14:36
Keep FREE 31%  31%  [ 14 ]
$10 Annual Fee 36%  36%  [ 16 ]
$15 Annual Fee 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
$20 Annual Fee 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
$25 Annual Fee 27%  27%  [ 12 ]
Remove Them 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 45

Post subject: Re: Retain Free Directory Listings?
 Post Posted: Thu 05 Jul 2012 07:39 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Experience: More than 10 years
Quote:
My vote is to keep the free listings.
There has to be a way to verify the listings better. I have been listed on this site and I have not gotten one call because of my listing.

Quote:
Last visited: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:18 am

Lol...you just joined today ! So of course you haven't gotten any calls yet ! Geeezzzz..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post Posted: Thu 05 Jul 2012 08:58 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
I am always amazed on this site :roll: :roll: :roll:

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post Posted: Thu 05 Jul 2012 12:29 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1
REPOMIKE2004 - is listed in the FRN Directory:

Agency ID# 3001
    Company: G R S
    Since: 13 - DEC - 2009

Part of the problem is that even though you may be listed in the FRN Directory, you have not participated in the forums this is where the true networking occurs.

We appreciate you feedback in this poll as I have asked all members of the directory to do. I would like opinions from everyone.

US Bail Bond Directory
Private Investigator Database

Please post questions in the "Comments or Suggestions" Forum
PM is only for private requests or comments

Post Posted: Thu 05 Jul 2012 12:53 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1
ΦL² X wrote:
Also something I wish to do is, modify all coding to be consistent with the forum login. Therefore, there will be only one login for both sections and all directory listed members will automatically be a member of the forums.

I am working on this feature, however it is certainly more in depth than I originally thought or anticipated.

It requires that first I move all tables from one database to be included in the forum database. Then I have to recode all sections of the directory to acquire the forum login details. Additionally, all pages & files (over 100) be recoded to retrieve the information from the new database location. Not to mention that I have to coordinate who is a member of the directory & the forums by comparing the two member lists. Further, I will have to test to make certain that all files function properly.

This process will take at least a month to make the correct modifications - at that time I will incorporate the new referral system, as well as, what appears to be the forum decision to charge a $10 fee for having a Standard listing in the directory.

The benefit for doing this is that all members of the directory will automatically be members of the forum, thereby making it easier to have communication, greater networking capabilities, etc. Furthermore, all members of the forum will easily be able to either add or modify their directory listing(s).

I believe this will help increase the value for the both sections and improve the participation.

US Bail Bond Directory
Private Investigator Database

Please post questions in the "Comments or Suggestions" Forum
PM is only for private requests or comments

Post Posted: Thu 05 Jul 2012 14:37 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 3088
Experience: 5 - 7 years
I think for the sake of those of us who are running legit businesses it is everyone's best interest, including the public, that there be a fee charged for any type of listing whatsoever. Imagine if a bondsman contacts someone on here that isn't all that legit, it could end up costing the bondsman in the long run, even though we all know they should check into that person before contracting with them it isn't always possible. How about they contract with said recovery agent and he ends up hurting an innocent person? Is it the bondsman's fault? In short, yes, that bondsman could very well be sued for any and all damages incurred by an irresponsible recovery agent. I know it's a far stretch but hey anything can happen. I feel that only legitimate people running legitimate businesses should be allowed to have listings and charging a fee would only help to cut down on the fakes.

Post Posted: Fri 06 Jul 2012 18:41 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Yep never really visited the forums but I have been lurking arround this site. I have gotten calls from people wanting me to hire them to pick up people.

I have not picked anyone up for a while because arround here most bonds people do not care about your expences if you do not pick up the person. If it is not a case that is fresh I do not touch them. I am am ok finding people but not when they are dug in deep because some one burned all the loactions were the person is suppose to be or hang out. Too many wanabee's out there just like the repossession industry.

It does not help that I received my first training from a guy that all bonds people do not like in this state.
I took the certification course not too long after I quit working for that guy then I called another guy from this site and he asked me to help out on a couple of cases to refine my training more.
He quit working cases I think because he was loosing too much money because the bonds people would double and tripple assign the cases.
I am not scared to go pick up people put them back in jail I just need to get good paper to run.

Post Posted: Fri 06 Jul 2012 18:47 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 0
UtahBEA wrote:
I think for the sake of those of us who are running legit businesses it is everyone's best interest, including the public, that there be a fee charged for any type of listing whatsoever. Imagine if a bondsman contacts someone on here that isn't all that legit, it could end up costing the bondsman in the long run, even though we all know they should check into that person before contracting with them it isn't always possible. How about they contract with said recovery agent and he ends up hurting an innocent person? Is it the bondsman's fault? In short, yes, that bondsman could very well be sued for any and all damages incurred by an irresponsible recovery agent. I know it's a far stretch but hey anything can happen. I feel that only legitimate people running legitimate businesses should be allowed to have listings and charging a fee would only help to cut down on the fakes.

I agree that the bonds person could become liable for damages if the agent did someting wrong but it is in the best interst for the bonds person to verify if that person is or is not legal to do what they are doing. I would say it is always possible for the bonds person to verify before contracting. Do you not check out a person before you write the bond? Most smart bonds people do not take someones word anymore that they will pay when they get out or that you can pay if the defendant does not show up.

Post Posted: Tue 10 Jul 2012 18:02 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2772
Experience: 3 - 5 years
I support a small fee of $10.00, to maintain the website. I believe this would be appropriate. Thank you.

FRN Forums » ADMINISTRATIVE SECTION » Fugitive Recovery Network News