New Association • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • NABBI Info • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: New Association
 Post Posted: Thu 06 Mar 2003 08:43 

I think your idea for an association is fantastic.

I have attempted to join other associations and it appears to be that a couple of schools dominate these particular associations. Unless you went to the school, they won't allow you to become a member.

Same with advertising your recovery business on a few of the sites, unless a person attended a particular school and belonged to their particular association, they would not allow a person to advertise on their site.

If you do form an association, you can count me in.

Annie

Post subject: I hope to have this worked out...
 Post Posted: Thu 06 Mar 2003 11:10 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1
Experience: More than 10 years
I am trying to develop some ideas for this.

I am working on different aspects.

Any ideas regarding this would be wonderful.

The different regions for example:

[b]Western Region[/b] -- including the states of [i]Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Nevada, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, Alaska, and Hawaii.[/i]

[b]Central Region[/b] -- including the states of North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio.

[b]Southern Region[/b] -- including the states of [i]Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, and Oklahoma. [/i]

[b]Northeast Region[/b] -- including the states of New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Maine. [/i]

[b]Southeastern Region[/b] -- including the states of [i]Delaware, Virginia, West Viriginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Mississippi, and Maryland, as well as the Washington, D.C. [/i]

Should we organize these differently? Maybe by time zones? But then what about Alaska & Hawaii? And then there are the territories? I know for the most part we are talking the 'mainland' 48?

What about creating these as Chapters of a National Organization? This way we would have only one membership fee. Speaking of which, what should we charge?

We want to make this a valuable association with many features and benefits to all members. Anyone have some additional ideas on how and what we should offer?

Looking for feedback...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 18 Mar 2003 06:23 

Count me in for an association. Together with numbers we can have a voice.

Larry D. Morrison
S.I.S/CFO

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 19 Mar 2003 21:50 

Count me in.

I think your region divisions are divided well.

On what to offer, well, thats the big question. And how to offer it also (ie, venue). I think the obvious choice is via internet. So a decent host provider is priority one. After that, priority one would have to be someone that can update a site on a REGULAR basis. Meaning no dead links, current legal info, updated seminar listings, etc... Personally, I find it very frustrating browsing all these sites and half the links are dead and all course/seminar dates are 2 years old.

I suppose one can take a look at what other similar orginizations have to offer. Once you do what do you find? I find these things: Live training courses, online training courses, books and manuals (paper and electronic), seminars, newsletters, forums, networking, legal refrences, etc... For the most part, of all the online orginizations I discover, they all basically want you to spend $199.95 and could care less after they recieve thier coin. This, would be one thing to avoid.

What to charge? I suppose it depends on what a guy has to offer and what the demand is. Take to heart the questions repeated time and time again by n00bs or veterans and supply that information. THAT is what will bring subscribers. Consider banner ads (from reputable orginizations) to help pick up costs for web hosting, etc... but keep big gaudy ads off the main page and do not use pop-ups. (perhaps create a 'links' page).

It appears to me that you may already have a start in creating this 'association' with the website right here... :)

Not sure if this was commentary you were looking for but thought I would add my 2 cents.

Regards.

JT
Big Sky Bail Enforcement
Montana
j_t_wax@yahoo.com

Post subject: Great Feedback...
 Post Posted: Thu 20 Mar 2003 05:46 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1
Experience: More than 10 years
JT et al ~

That is exactly the type of information I am looking for.

Your points and observations are the reasons that I first created this site. I have found that there is no outlet for people in this business to acquire complete and adequate information. I want to develope this by and for everyone.

Please continue providing your comments.

Thank you

US Bail Bond Directory
Private Investigator Database

Please post questions in the "Comments or Suggestions" Forum
PM is only for private requests or comments

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 20 Mar 2003 16:11 

Well the last one I sent didnt go through, so anyway I think that Idea is a great one. You want to charge something that people like myself that are just starting in this business can afford. Thanks James

Post subject: associations
 Post Posted: Sun 30 Mar 2003 19:58 
in memoriam

u can count me in i fell only power is in numbers with am assoc we can make positive changes and gain more respect for our profession

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 10 Apr 2003 06:58 

Good idea. Myself, I'm a little tainted by all the associations out there. They are self serving and of no use to the members. You can try to offer legal advise and an 800 number for legal representation from lawyers who are familiar with our industry. That would keep my membership fees up to date because you never know when you'll need to make the call. It's an idea, I don't know how feasible.
Steve

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 02 Jul 2003 13:38 
in memoriam

I'm in.

“What is sought is found... what is overlooked escapes” (Oedipus Rex)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 30 Oct 2003 18:49 

just readin up on the post, i think its a good idea

count me in

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion » NABBI Info