NABBI restart?????????????? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • NABBI Info • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: NABBI restart??????????????
 Post Posted: Sat 30 Mar 2019 18:36 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
Just got a call from a process server in Colorado who discussed the restart of NABBI.... that would be a good thing to achieve... but after the past 10 years of beating my head against the wall with all the BS, back stabbing and 'wanta bees'... I sort of have really cold feet....

I will watch with anticipation, the possible restart of the NABBI organization.... a very fine organization but I question the success of this endeavor...

I will provide as much info as asked but will not get involved again... burned too many times, spent too much of my own money for a cause that just would not fly....

I AM SURE OTHER MEMBERS OF THE ORIGINAL NABBI ARE READING THIS....

WHAT SAY YOU?????????????

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post subject: Re: NABBI restart??????????????
 Post Posted: Sat 30 Mar 2019 18:38 
in memoriam

... I noticed that the NABBI link to the web-page is no longer available... it had remained up and active for several years after it apparently went bust.... I found that to be quite unusual but we shall see how it goes with this restart thought.

The call that I got tonight told me that the NABBI link was still aimed at my business website.... I'm not sure how that is happening as I have had no contact with any of the former members of the organization... other than personal contact that I maintain in my business.... I never knowingly had a link to my business page... so how is this even happening???? Very curious.

Scott M, Tony S, Joe S, Bill W., John M., Luv, Yak... if any of you guys are reading this, i'm at a loss to figure out what is happening here.

Lion (Robert E)... are you still involved with NABBI????? give me a call... I don't have your number any more??!!

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sun 31 Mar 2019 12:59 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
I just talked with the same guy form Denver. He seems sincere in restarting NABBI and pairing it with their bail bond association to fight bail reform.

I too will offer advice and share some info that can help get them started. However, I am out of the bail bonding business for good and will be moving to Nevada a in few months.

We have to get out of this crazy state of California!

Post Posted: Mon 01 Apr 2019 22:22 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
I have not gotten a call . . . but, I was not a "member" of NABBI
I see that the US Supreme has Ruled on our behalf . . . so, yey for that. However, there are Folks out there that are not gonna sit still til we are all gone and they are making money off the Taxpayers backs. SO . . . we cannot sit still and be quiet.

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Fri 05 Apr 2019 06:20 
in memoriam

Just opted out of this link up.... I don't trust this clown (his name is Danny Fish)... he is a process server and as far as I can tell has no link to our industry... he has installed himself as President and 'appointed' a full board without any voting or vetting and none of the board members seem to have any credentials or qualifications in our industry... they look a bit shady and their title say they are all process servers... I think this guy is running a scam... I have been in a rather heated conversation with him on Facebook and others have done the same... Dave Perez and John Marshall have had a bit of a run in with him and several other members have also.

I want nothing to do with this guy and only advise anyone that is considering joining his crew to check him out before you make the move. He told me he just got his license as a bondsman.... no history, no other qualifications....

I will not provide him with any pictures or history... he is copying stuff off the original website and using it to restart the "new" NABBI... I think it is to our detriment... but I don't think there is much we can do about it since none of our stuff is copyrighted or registered and that is the ticket to keeping it in our possession.

Scott Harrell gave up the domain name and it is now registered to some "kiddie" site.... Tony Suggs transferred the 501C status to this guy without contacting or talking to any of the other members/former board members of NABBI... something I found rather disturbing, but since I really have no say, so.... what can I say.... my opinion is that he may have wanted to at least talk with Lion or other members before he did that... but again.... who am I to say anything... other than I am one of the founding members... they are using the logo that John Marshall made up... without a thought to contact him or ask permission... the guys name is Danny Fish and he is located in Colorado... he says he has an attorney who is setting up the whole thing????

Your comments are appreciated.

Post Posted: Fri 05 Apr 2019 11:50 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2087
I have tried to talk to this tool bag but he is indignant and arrogant. I am going to fike a petition to have my logo removed from their site. I hope to get a lot of sugnatures from here.

J.G. Marshall
MARSHALL FUGITIVE SERVICE
Lic. # 2008-392

Its the Irish in my mind that keeps me sane,
and the Irish in my heart that keeps me strong.

Post Posted: Sun 07 Apr 2019 12:51 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Again, I did not transfer anything to anyone as I have or had no authority to do so.

The NABBI org is not active according to the IRS. If the domain name becomes open because Scott Harrell relinquished it, then that is also not my doing.

We have not had an annual meeting since 2015 in Memphis. We tried to put one together for Texas or Oklahoma for 2016 and that fell apart as no one wanted to go.

After that Lion tried to get something together and from the lack of responses to his posts, everything went quiet.

The guy(s) in Denver will have to filed a new app with the IRS to get "NABBI" or what ever name they use chartered again. I am not involved in any way with that.

In my opinion, trying to fight the elimination of bail is futile. It will happen across this country one state at a time. I just read an article from Michigan that said they will pass new legislation that will basically do away with most bail.

The Denver guy thinks by reforming NABBI that they will get more people to work against the bail reform movement. That is why he said he was doing it.

No matter what the reason, I don't see it making one bit of difference.

Next year, CA will vote on whether or not to keep "cash" bail. It will fail because the state politicians are good at lying to the public and the voters are too dumb and lazy to read the entire ballot measure.

Once CA is gone, more and more states will follow.

People can talk all day long about protecting the public and saving the tax payers money and it will do no good. All the State has to do is say we will give you something for "free" and the idiots will vote for it.

So, I am not putting another penny into fighting the bail reform. It would ultimately be a waste of money and time.

When our surety company is expanding its lines of business to others than bail bonds, that says a lot about what they think is going to happen. They were exclusively bail bonds before all this bail reform started. Now they are aggressively writing other types of surety bonds.

That says it all for me.

Post Posted: Sun 07 Apr 2019 12:55 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

And Marshall,

I told him that you designed the logo and that he would have to get your permission to use it.

Post Posted: Fri 12 Apr 2019 16:35 
in memoriam

Tony, after reading your response to the happenings with NABBI.... I think you've answered any questions that relate to the changes with NABBI...

It seems to me that whatever concerns former members may have had relating to your "giving away" the organization, have been resolved.

The IRS status was dormant or non existent which meant it was up for grabs. That had nothing to do with anyone other than who might be looking to grab that status for their organization. I can't see where you had anything to do with that occurrence.

The fact that Scott Harrell gave up the domain name also had nothing to do with you.... Scott owned the domain and if he chose not to renew his ownership... it was up for grabs... I was not sure why the original name... "NABBI.ORG" was not available until I realized that some "kiddie" site had acquired the domain and it was no longer available.

The only connection to NABBI, that any of the original board members and other members had was basically done.

I would only offer that Dave Perez might want to cut Tony some slack since it is my opinion that Tony had nothing to do with this situation and did not give or offer anything to this new group.

I can tell you that I personal will not offer anything to this new group... I don't like the way it came about and there are too many screwy things happening within the group... like how the board members were "appointed"???? or where the money for the dues goes.... is there a Secretary... or a Treasurer or anyone with connections to the original history other than the flimsy statement on their website about being established in 2012???? no pictures, no original info on the formation and building of the organization... nope.... I'll not have anything to do with this one...

But don't blame Tony or Lion or Bill or Scott or anyone else for this change.... cause we did not initiate or have anything to do with it...

NUFF SAID...................

Post Posted: Fri 12 Apr 2019 16:35 
in memoriam

deleted due to double post... :roll:

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion » NABBI Info