NABBI ? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • NABBI Info • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: NABBI ?
 Post Posted: Mon 29 Apr 2019 21:48 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1973
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Look at some of the information Bill W found in a brief search on this Fish Guy. You would have thought a self proclaimed CA PI would have done a little research on the guy he just handed NABBI over to. Go figure.

Dave
Private Investigator
Licensed by the NYS DOS Division of Licensing

Post Posted: Wed 01 May 2019 10:03 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
Dave,

I did not hand over NABBI to anyone. I did not own NABBI!

We only filed with the IRS for the tax exempt status and no where else as in the beginning because we were not domiciled in any state. I was not going to be the one responsible for NABBI for ever.

Now it seems like that some of you are upset that NABBI is no longer in "our" hands. Where the hell were you all when we tried to keep it going? How many times did you come to the conferences?

And how many of you stepped up when we needed board members or area directors?

And how many of you put thousands of dollars out of your own pocket to start and keep it going? I sure the hell did.

So don't give me any shit over this. All the years nothing was going on with NABBI I didn't hear or see anyone say or do anything to revive it.

BTW, I am not a self proclaimed PI. I am licensed in the state of California which has some of the most stringent requirements to become a PI.

Post Posted: Thu 02 May 2019 10:07 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
I know I said I was done with this but after talking with Lion yesterday, things are much clearer now.

First, that was the first time Lion and I TALKED about this. The only other conversation was by text and it was two or maybe 3 texts back and forth at the same time on the same day. I never told Lion that I talked with anyone else in the group about this.

But apparently some of you did talk together.

It is amazing that all that posted on here stated that they talked with the Colorado guy and determined that he was a bad actor, yet you believe his story about what I did.

And NOT one of you had the nerve or even decent courtesy to call me to get my side or even give me the benefit of doubt. Yet again you believed him and he is a sleeze ball!

So for those just turning in for the first time or if you have a short memory, here is what happened.

I did receive a call from a guy in Colorado last month. I don't recall his name because it was a 2 or 3 minute call one time only.

He stated that he wanted to take over NABBI and ask for help. I told him we have not been active for 4 or 5 years, first mistake, and that I was not in charge of anything to do with NABBI.

He said he has already talked to Bill Marx. I did not give him Bill Marx name or number so how did he know that already?

I told him that our tax exempt status was suspended, that was the mistake referred to above and that they would have to refile new organizational paper work with the IRS.

(If an organization does not file tax returns for 3 consecutive years, the status will be suspended. I thought that I did not file a return since 2014 but, I did for 2015 so there is still time to keep the exemption status active by filing a 2018 return.)

I also told him that Scott Harrell owned the name. He would have to work that out with him.

I also told him that Marshall designed the logo, another thing he would have to work out.

Finally I told him that he would have to contact Lion and talk to him. I gave him Robert Edwards name and phone number.

Lion told me yesterday that he never called him.

That was it, I had no other conversation with him.

So some of you said based on no evidence what so ever, that I some how took over NABBI, incorporated in a state some where and then gave it to the Colorado guy.

Well this "self proclaimed CA PI" only works on factual evidence, not assumptions. I also talk with everyone involved directly and not behind their back.

My second mistake was to trust and believe that you all were honest, intelligent and did your due diligence before making accusations and resort to name calling.

I will meet with Lion tomorrow so we can get work on getting his required hours in to become a "self proclaimed CA PI" too.

I told him yesterday that I would file the 2018 IRS tax return for NABBI so that they would not suspend the status. But after he told me how some of you conducted yourselves in this matter, I will let him know that I am not going to file anything on behalf of NABBI.

One of you can do it as you seemed to know everything already.

Now I am really done with this group. Like Nixon said, "You wont have me to kick around anymore!"

Post Posted: Thu 02 May 2019 11:41 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1973
Experience: 3 - 5 years
tsuggs wrote:
I know I said I was done with this but after talking with Lion yesterday, things are much clearer now.

First, that was the first time Lion and I TALKED about this. The only other conversation was by text and it was two or maybe 3 texts back and forth at the same time on the same day. I never told Lion that I talked with anyone else in the group about this.

But apparently some of you did talk together.

It is amazing that all that posted on here stated that they talked with the Colorado guy and determined that he was a bad actor, yet you believe his story about what I did.

And NOT one of you had the nerve or even decent courtesy to call me to get my side or even give me the benefit of doubt. Yet again you believed him and he is a sleeze ball!

So for those just turning in for the first time or if you have a short memory, here is what happened.

I did receive a call from a guy in Colorado last month. I don't recall his name because it was a 2 or 3 minute call one time only.

He stated that he wanted to take over NABBI and ask for help. I told him we have not been active for 4 or 5 years, first mistake, and that I was not in charge of anything to do with NABBI.

He said he has already talked to Bill Marx. I did not give him Bill Marx name or number so how did he know that already?

I told him that our tax exempt status was suspended, that was the mistake referred to above and that they would have to refile new organizational paper work with the IRS.

(If an organization does not file tax returns for 3 consecutive years, the status will be suspended. I thought that I did not file a return since 2014 but, I did for 2015 so there is still time to keep the exemption status active by filing a 2018 return.)

I also told him that Scott Harrell owned the name. He would have to work that out with him.

I also told him that Marshall designed the logo, another thing he would have to work out.

Finally I told him that he would have to contact Lion and talk to him. I gave him Robert Edwards name and phone number.

Lion told me yesterday that he never called him.

That was it, I had no other conversation with him.

So some of you said based on no evidence what so ever, that I some how took over NABBI, incorporated in a state some where and then gave it to the Colorado guy.

Well this "self proclaimed CA PI" only works on factual evidence, not assumptions. I also talk with everyone involved directly and not behind their back.

My second mistake was to trust and believe that you all were honest, intelligent and did your due diligence before making accusations and resort to name calling.

I will meet with Lion tomorrow so we can get work on getting his required hours in to become a "self proclaimed CA PI" too.

I told him yesterday that I would file the 2018 IRS tax return for NABBI so that they would not suspend the status. But after he told me how some of you conducted yourselves in this matter, I will let him know that I am not going to file anything on behalf of NABBI.

One of you can do it as you seemed to know everything already.

Now I am really done with this group. Like Nixon said, "You wont have me to kick around anymore!"

Nothing to do with NABBI huh ? Last I checked weren’t you the Treasurer?

Wow. That was lot of information to provide in just a 2-3 minute phone call. AND with all that back and forth NABBI information you talked about you have it to a guy whom you don’t even know the name of ?

I never claimed to know it all. I am going based off the fact that lion told me he spoke to you about it. So now I should trust Lion?

I’ve always said I would like to make NABBI work and have always stated as such. With out continued membership growth is why NABBI became stagnant. Whatever. It’s done at this point so don’t know why I’m wasting my time, but all I can say is after that phone call you received, where you provided this information regarding NABBI, who did YOU call afterwards ? Nobody !!

Dave
Private Investigator
Licensed by the NYS DOS Division of Licensing

Post Posted: Sat 13 Jun 2020 13:24 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
... Quick post.... the group that tried to take over NABBI has failed and the upstart organization fizzled almost as quickly as it started... anyway.... the original owners and builders of this site sat back and now the URL has been purchased from the original owner.... per the following update.........

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Update: The URL: NABBI.ORG has been purchased by a friend of mine... I will not name this individual as it is up to him to make the call and post if he chooses....

I have no idea that there will ever be a resurgence of this one time professional organization. Myself and others worked very hard for many years to try and promote the professional aspects of this industry.... to no avail...

It is a shame, but I fear this industry is dead.... capital DEAD!... the political environment in our country is pretty much killing every privately controlled business.... I myself, am in the process of leaving the bond business and also the private investigation business.... of course... age and health has as much to do with my situation as any other aspects but it probably doesn't matter as the industry is on the outs regardless of who or what is involved.... so............ it may re-surge, but there is no clear cut path or direction at this point.

RIP NABBI.ORG... it was fun while it lasted.... I did manage to meet and connect with a fairly large group of very interesting and professional folks across this great nation.... for that... I am very grateful and will not forget any of the connections made.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Wed 17 Jun 2020 17:37 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1
This is unfortunate! I have noticed that the changes in the political environment have nearly destroyed the industry.

Also, with the growth of Social Media, this website has become less important and doesn't impact the industry as it did in the beginning!

I am still working on updates and converting the website into a more useful tool with the ability to access via mobile units as well as on the internet

US Bail Bond Directory
Private Investigator Database

Please post questions in the "Comments or Suggestions" Forum
PM is only for private requests or comments

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion » NABBI Info