NABBI 2012 Fall Conference • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • NABBI Info • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: NABBI 2012 Fall Conference
 Post Posted: Thu 22 Mar 2012 09:38 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
First let me say that I am honored to have been nominated and elected president of NABBI. It is a very important responsibilty that I accept and intend to execute the duties to the best of my abilities.

I know the that other members of the board of directors feel the same way.

Secondly, there is a lot of work to formally organizing an association. Getting the IRS designation, setting up an "office," committees, planning meetings, membership, etc.

All this is not dependant on just 1 or 2 people. The entire board of directors must all do each of their assigned tasks.

Also, lets not forget that we are ALL business owners and have families. So we can't devote 100 percent of our time to NABBI. We most prioritize work some time.

So, now to the fall NABBI meeting.

My thoughts of the different meetings is that we have an annual conference in March or April at a central location, such like we did this week.

That would be the election meeting, amendment of bylaws, etc

The subsequent meetings would be more of training and educational. They would be rotated around the different areas of the country. East , west, north and south.

They will be picked based on costs, transportation, training facilities near by ( if needed ), entertainment near by, membership recruitment and overall attractiveness.

The procedure will be that we get suggested locations. I send out an request for proposal ( RFPs ) to perspective facilities, ( hotels or as they are called, properties ) and when we get them back based on our anticipated numbers, dates, etc, we present them to the BOD for a final selection.

One thing that everyone should remember is, a location that works for you may not not work for someone else. Just because I may like Lake Tahoe NV, doesn't mean Scott does. He would have to take 3 different planes and take 9 or 10 hours flying to get there.

For me its a 3 hour drive.

So Lake Tahoe even though is a beautiful location is not practical for our meetings, at least not at this stage when we are trying to increase membership.

We also have to be aware that many board members or just members may be members of other state or national assocaitions. We need to may sure we do not schedule meetings that conflict other associations.

Also, we must not schedule them too close to others as most people can not be out of their offices for an extended period of time.

To make these area meetings attracive, we need to have a program that will be beneficial to our members and potential members. We must give the attendees some value for their time and money spent at the meetings.

Finally, I have the ball started on getting RFPs for the 2 sites suggested at our meeting. Again it will take a couple weeks to get them back. Once that is done they will be presented to the board for the selection of the one location we will go to.

Post Posted: Thu 26 Apr 2012 20:47 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2697
Experience: 3 - 5 years
In case you are in an area and not sure who your officers or board members check the N A B B I website. You may PM them or call them .

Bail Enforcement
Fugitive Recovery
Surveillance
Bail Bond Investigations
Notary
Process Server
Owner/Agent
Established 2008
NABBI AREA DIRECTOR

Post Posted: Thu 26 Apr 2012 20:53 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
So as I understand it at this time, the host city is Philadelphia, Pa. or in the general area thereof. Dates and hotels have yet to be chosen.

Post Posted: Thu 26 Apr 2012 22:08 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
Final decisions have not been made, but yes, I think Philly is where it will end up.

Post Posted: Thu 26 Apr 2012 23:53 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Just got back in from posting a large bond and may be going right back out for a small one.

Was in bail education class in Oakland all day so, was not able to send out the latest info.

For what we have right now, the majority of the BODs agree that because Philadelphia is in the spotlight right now and has been for the last 2 years over their failed city run bail system, we want to hold the fall conference in or as near as possible to Philly.

Of the 8 RFPS we got back, we have narrowed them down to 2 based on dates, price and over all cost. One is near the airport the other is 25 miles out.

I will present a final request from the BODs which of the 2 should we choose, hopefully over the weekend, so I can get a formal contract sent to us next week.

Once that is done we can plan the program, notify vendors, sureties, bail agents, "investigators," update the NABBI website, etc......

Got to go now, waiting on booking info from jail.

Its been a very long day!

Post Posted: Fri 11 May 2012 11:52 
in memoriam

Any updates ? We are running out of time.

Post Posted: Fri 11 May 2012 12:10 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

http://nabbi.org/2012/05/nabbi-fall-con ... -training/

Post Posted: Fri 11 May 2012 16:26 
in memoriam

Conference Dates: 9/23-9/25/12
Sheraton Suites Philadelphia Airport
4101b Island Ave,
Philadelphia, PA, 19153, US
800-992-2694

Online Reservations:
http://www.reservationcounter.com

Hotel Website:
http://deals.sheraton.com/Sheraton-Suit ... 047/SO.htm

Post Posted: Tue 15 May 2012 18:29 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

NABBI Fall Conference hotel reservations are now open. You can reserve a room under the group code, NABBI, for $119 per night.

You must call the hotel reservations @ 800-325-3535. You can not make your reservation online. You must use the above number and give the operator the code, NABBI.

The Sheraton is a all suite hotel and we are upgraded to the Preferred rooms. So, I guess they should be nice rooms.

We have a limited number of rooms. I strongly suggest that if you plan on attending that you make your reservations early. Once we run out of the group block, you will have to pay the normal rate. Period!

The last day for reservations at the group rate is Sept 1 @ 5:00PM. After that, even I can't get you a room at the discount rate.

Post Posted: Tue 15 May 2012 18:45 
in memoriam

Done. Thanks Tony to you and your team for setting all of this up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion » NABBI Info