Some thoughts regarding NABBI • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • NABBI Info • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Some thoughts regarding NABBI
 Post Posted: Tue 05 Jul 2011 19:31 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3671
Experience: 3 - 5 years
It occured to me that the voting thread for the NABBI logo is not so much a vote, but a public opinion poll. This is because we have not yet determined who is a member or not. This brings me to our discussion in Vegas regarding standardized training for our association nationwide. Since nobody will have this training immediately, although no doubt some will be close, I offer this for discussion or debate. Differing levels or ranks of membership.

For example...

an "associate" member could be anyone who wishes to join that signs off on our bylaws, code of ethics and mission (and pays the fees, if any and if/when we come to that). This could go a few ways. Those just interested in the business, but not actively doing the job, could remain associate members as long as they paid the fees (again if there were any) and kept their noses clean where our "rules" were concerned. OR...we could put a time limit on the associates and ultimately require all members to complete the training and not have hanger-ons. Either way can work if they are enforced.

Next up would be "members". These would be active Bail Bond Investigators who have completed all the intial training and education requirements and add on as the association adds on. They would, hopefully, make up the meat of the association.

Lastly, I suggest, some sort of "Master" type membership, and I struggle for an actual term for it. These would be senior/mentor/instructor types. Those holding large geographic leadership positions and, both, outlining and conducting our training. I would nominate both of the "Scott"s for this member rank right out of the gate.

Lots of details to work out here like, for example, the fact that because our training/education will be specific to us and yet broad and sweeping as well, in the beginning there would be folks with 10, 15, 20 or more years in the business that would start as associates. Not sure how that would go. Anyway....some thoughts from a lowly committe volunteer.

Ca. Bail Agent Lic#1845795
Owner/Operator, Thomas Duprey Bail Bonds
Owner/Operator, Orange County Bounty
(714) 727-4689

Last edited by KARMA on Sat 09 Jul 2011 17:32, edited 1 time in total.
made "sticky" 09July2011 to keep Topic at top of forum

Post subject: Re: Some thoughts regarding NABBI
 Post Posted: Tue 05 Jul 2011 20:16 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
Those are some great ideas Tom. Once we get the ethics pretty much out of the way then as I said earlier, the bylaws will be the tough one to handle. Once they are done then we will have to go back and look at the mission statement and ethics to make sure everything is in sync.

But for now this a good for stimulating ideas.

Post Posted: Tue 05 Jul 2011 20:38 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2851
Well said Tom! I for one can't wait to see this all put together. If I can help in any way let me know please Tom or Mr Suggs

Denver co

No door to big for the "Termite"

Post Posted: Wed 06 Jul 2011 09:40 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Mr. Stiles may be correct on the standardized training issue, although Mr. Harrell and Mr. Maclean seemed to think it would work in Vegas. That said, an alternate suggestion, such as Mr. Stile's that everyone be on par with their own state's requirements could and should work. Documentation and demonstration is a must though. To this end, I would go even further for my own state (California) and suggest that BBIs be PC1299 compliant even in the absence of legal requirement to be such at the moment. And this can still work with the associate/member/master deal.

(714) 727-4689

Post Posted: Wed 06 Jul 2011 11:06 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
I do agree as well with most. I think we need to add value to our association not only to members of it, but also to bail agents looking at members of the association for hire. They should be able to know that if someone is a member of this association, they are legit.

As far as standardizing training across the country goes, I feel that will be mission impossible with all the different requirements each state has. We need to accumulate what the requirements are for each state, and when a new member joins, they should be required to submit proof of completion/licensing of those requirements in the state/s they opperate in. In states that do not have requirements, we should fall back to previous requirements or find a minimal training guidline so not to eliminate people from joining while still maintain our goals of a reputable association. Requiring referrals from bail bond agents may be impossible for people just starting out in this industry and we should not eliminate them from being able to join us because of that.

Thats my 2 cents... :wink:

Post Posted: Wed 06 Jul 2011 11:31 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Madi your 2 cents is worth much more than that! CONCUR.

(714) 727-4689

Post Posted: Wed 06 Jul 2011 14:18 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

I created a group on Facebook that will allow for everyone that is interested in getting involved to do so. I know many on FB that arent active on this site and may not know whats going on. I invited those of you I know from my FB, hopefully got everyone.. if not send a request. its titled "NABBI Creation". This will allow us to have live conversation/chats etc..

Post Posted: Wed 06 Jul 2011 14:29 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Been here and done that . . . You then have to have a person or persons dedicated to confirming and insuring that everyone is who and what they say they are. That can be beyond tough in States where there are NO requirements. I commend the undertaking . . . I tried and I will stick with those that I know who they are and take the confirmations of those that have worked with others.

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Wed 06 Jul 2011 15:21 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

I hear what your saying Luvonda... It will be tough..

I'm looking at this from the standpoint of being a recovery agent new to the industry, I would have liked to have been able to verify who I was being hired by last year and that could have saved me the bad experience (the felon with the stolen firearms)... I went off of someones referal when I worked for this guy... and the referrer was a cop!!! I wont go strictly on referals ever again, I want to see someone that has licensing proof, reputation amoungst peers, etc.. and if we can set it up that this association can verify that info and maintain certain standards of membership levels I think that will go a long way for alot of people. Maybe Im dreaming.. but still hopefull! :wink:

Post Posted: Thu 07 Jul 2011 08:40 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Madi, do not get me wrong.I think that it is an awesome idea, and with the flellas that are involved I think that it will go quite well. i have a whole pile of stuff where men were "verified"
I will be proud to be a member of NABBI . . . It could prove to be a driving force in the Pre trial release movement

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion » NABBI Info