Countering the Media • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Countering the Media
 Post Posted: Sun 17 Sep 2006 12:29 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Experience: More than 10 years
(playing patriotic music in the background"... :lol:

We have all heard the following expressions "Fight fire with fire"; "if the moutnain wont come to you, then you go to the mountain" etc.

Well here is our chance. Most of us here have our own media contacts that could literally blitzkrieg the entire country; Agents in the NE, SE, West Coast, and Middle America.

We even have our own media outlet that is a member of this forum. So why don't we write a uniform press release and send to all of our tv stations, radio stations, leters to the editors, etc and counter the pro-Dog faction ?

We sit here and complain about how the media is favouring him, how they are manipulating the facts, etc. we sound like a bunch of school kids crying 'foul" to deaf ears.

So let's call in some markers, make some phone calls, get off our duffs and counter the pro-faction ?

Now is our opportunity to launch, with all ferocity, our position on this matter and reveal the truths !

Post subject: media
 Post Posted: Sun 17 Sep 2006 13:22 
in memoriam

Ruff Law and I will glady participate in a gang press release also I do know that one of our members have already fowarded a press release--law and i are trying to get a counter point to the chapmen family sprcial on tues evening

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 17 Sep 2006 15:04 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Someone needs to contact the Today show as Dog and Beth will be on there tomorrow morning with Matt Lauer spouting their BS about the arrest. Since I am not a bail enforcement agent anymore even though I am going to go through the training in the near future to get licensed here in Missouri and become one again. I do not feel that I should contact local media here and make any statement, although I have been contacted by two media contacts that I know wanting me to make a public statement about the Dog situation I have declined on those grounds.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 17 Sep 2006 17:53 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

It does not matter... we should all know by now that his side is more sensational than ours and that is what will be shown and talked about. His side sells advertising and the real professionals do not and that is all that matters to the networks... PERIOD!

I learned this last year first hand and is why I am giving my opinion.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 17 Sep 2006 18:42 
in memoriam

Heather... if you were contacted by two media reps, why didn't you pass on another's name and contact info?

“What is sought is found... what is overlooked escapes” (Oedipus Rex)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 17 Sep 2006 19:26 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Lance,

I did for a local agent here in Missouri. Sorry I did not pass on one of your alls names but they wanted local reaction from people in the profession.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 18 Sep 2006 08:57 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
I'm with you, Ruffin. There are newspapers who will print our side and it's up to the public whether or not they read or agree with it. The more information that can be proven and put into print, the better.

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 19 Sep 2006 11:10 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

kickingit101 wrote:
Someone needs to contact the Today show as Dog and Beth will be on there tomorrow morning with Matt Lauer spouting their BS about the arrest. Since I am not a bail enforcement agent anymore even though I am going to go through the training in the near future to get licensed here in Missouri and become one again. I do not feel that I should contact local media here and make any statement, although I have been contacted by two media contacts that I know wanting me to make a public statement about the Dog situation I have declined on those grounds.

A wise move on your part. Even though you used to be, and will be again, someone would have inevitably have dug it up and said "She's not even a real BEA, etc" and implied that the real BEA's are on his side it's only wannabees that are arguing against him, etc

(not that I have strong feelings one way or the other on it, myself...)

New Orleans, La.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage